Thiago Alcantara

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
He might be a good coach for us

Zidane has not been tested outside of Madrid. He isn't a master technician. He keeps it simple.

Simeone had not achieved anything prior to coaching Atletico.

I Just don't see it personally, he's very rigid in his perception of football coupled with the players we currently have not really fitting the profile for that view and it seems like its going to be a a bit of a disaster.
As for Zidane, motivation and respect is a huge part of the job so he excels in those two areas; besides football is a simple game after all.

edit: xavi will have the respect but he maintaining that respect and trying to play a much more complicated style of football is more difficult than what zidane went through while establishing himself. (not to mention the personal at his disposal comparatively speaking)

Last edited:

Andrew M

I Just don't see it personally, he's very rigid in his perception of football coupled with the players we currently have not really fitting the profile for that view and it seems like its going to be a a bit of a disaster.
As for Zidane, motivation and respect is a huge part of the job so he excels in those two areas; besides football is a simple game after all.

So you're saying Pep isn't rigid in his footballing concepts and ideas? Simeone too?

I don't see why that is necessarily a limitation. To have belief and conviction in your ideas is a strength.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
So you're saying Pep isn't rigid in his footballing concepts and ideas? Simeone too?

I don't see why that is necessarily a limitation. To have belief and conviction in your ideas is a strength.

Having belief and unwavering conviction in your ideas becomes delusion beyond a point.

Pep was very rigid when he started but with experience he's become more flexible, personally i believe that he wasn't flexible enough early enough which has cost his teams champions league tittles. I see bigger issues in Xavi potentially and don't understand why people are so eager to appoint him over other potential candidates.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Having belief and unwavering conviction in your ideas becomes delusion at beyond a point.

Pep was very rigid when he started but with experience he's become more flexible, personally i believe that he wasn't flexible enough early enough which has cost his teams champions league tittles. I see a bigger issues in Xavi potentially and don't understand why people are so eager to appoint him over other potential candidates.

Well we are known for our style of football, aren't we?

Of course there are more pragmatic approaches that can be implemented, but we are meant to play beautiful football.

Xavi will want to bring the right mentality and will have the respect of the players, fans, media and board.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi seem to have played different systems in Qatar(yes I know it's Qatar lol but still) so I don't get where this "rigidness" argument is coming from.

From his comments when he was a player? His comments about certain players because he doesn't want to badmouth Barca or any of their players?

Do people believe Xavi want some slow possession based style of play where the ball is circulated sideways 24/7? Have they not watched him play?

stk93

"When I was told that a player from Nice was called the 'African Xavi', I followed him very closely," Xavi told Le Parisien. "I didn't know [Seri] and I was entranced.

"I'm not used to seeing such talent in midfield any more. The short game, long game, tactical intelligence, long-range shooting, personality, organisation of the play... Madre mia!

"He would do so well at Barca. He can play anywhere in the middle. He is fantastic. He has what they call the Barca DNA. No doubt.?

so tired of barca dna..

JamDav1982

"When I was told that a player from Nice was called the 'African Xavi', I followed him very closely," Xavi told Le Parisien. "I didn't know [Seri] and I was entranced.

"I'm not used to seeing such talent in midfield any more. The short game, long game, tactical intelligence, long-range shooting, personality, organisation of the play... Madre mia!

"He would do so well at Barca. He can play anywhere in the middle. He is fantastic. He has what they call the Barca DNA. No doubt.?

so tired of barca dna..

Xavis quote on likes of Mane not suiting Barca as he wants 'technical' players in tight spaces is scary as well.

Andrew M

so tired of barca dna..

Pep has also identified the wrong players. That's why you need a sporting director to share the responsibility

Batistuta9

If we can't get pep back, I have no problems giving xavi a chance. It's not like setien is one of the world's best. Not many world class managers available. If xavi fails, he fails

Home of Barca Fans