Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Stoichkov

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
B

blueduck

He deserves to win this poll, just look at that hair !

article-1127036-066172F60000044D-781_306x423.jpg

E

Esteve

Case closed. I couldn't agree with you more now. It's one thing to play extremely well but to do so whilst sporting that heroic haircut is something else. Hero :worthy:

J

Jordzibob

Ronaldo is possibly the greatest striker to play for Barça, just as Maradona was the greatest player but niether was the greatest for Barça. This poll is an abomination by the way, it's basically just the greatest striker since the 1990s and totally ignores Samitier, Kubala, Krankl and all time leading scorer César.

Yeh, sorry, I know I've missed out alot of people, I was born in 1992 so its difficult for me to say anything about those players as I havent seen them play, as terrible as its going to sound I hadnt even heard of Samitier, it doesnt make me any less of a fan because I dont know the entire history, I'm just more inclined to go with more recent players. I think maybe I should have renamed this thread "More recent best strikers for Barcelona" or something. Sorry, didnt mean to **** anyone off by missing people out!

S

Snyde

Just to offer a bit of perspective I'd give a few historical names that aren't mentioned here:

César, Kubala, Rivaldo, Mariano Martín, Rexach and I hope no one should mind me saying Quini (One of the greatest strikers in Liga)

And because today I was just reading about Nuñez and our history during his time, I'd like to share, if anyone found their hate for Madrid faltering, here you should find reason enough to hate the fascist scums:

Koeman4 from XT in the greatest thread ever said:
On March 1st 1981, Barcelona's striker, Quini is kidnapped after a game in Barcelona against Hercules, where he had scored 2 goals.

The day after, Joan Gaspart have the first news and he informs the president Nuñez and the players. The news started running in the radios and the TV. The newspaper "La Vanguardia" receives a phone call from a neo-fascist group saying that it was them who did it, because they "couldn't allow a separatist club to win La Liga". The police denies this connection and the appearance of other false rumours.

Gaspart and Nuñez visiting Quini's wife
NunezGaspart.jpg

The fans concentrate in Quini's house to demand his liberation
Aficion02.jpg

On March 3rd, the Spanish and the European media dedicated covers and headlines to this shocking news.

Prensa.jpg

The team is shocked and scared due to the lack of news about Quini. At that time, Spain was living a really tough moment for the new democracy. Without success, the Spanish army had done a coup d'etat in the Spanish parliament just one week before. Several terrorist bands were actively acting in Spain, from the separatist groups like ETA or Terra Lliure, to communist groups like GRAPO or ultra-right groups. The lack of information was huge at the begining and the inestability in Spain was truly big.

Barcelona, who were one point down in La Liga, had to visit the leader Atlético Madrid in the Calderón. The Catalan club demanded the suspension of La Liga to the Spanish FA (RFEF), but the president Porta, who wasn't very loved by the barcelonismo, decided that the game had to be played. Bernd Schuster refused to play the game and he said that he wasn't going to travel to Madrid. Also, Urruti, goalkeeper of Español in that moment also demands the suspension of the tournament. Barcelona finally went to play the game with Schuster too. Barcelona lost the game (1-0) in a weird game. Right after the game, Schuster explodes and blames the president Nuñez and Helenio Herrera for the situation, since he thought that the team shouldn't have played the game, independently of the decision of the RFEF and states that "we've lost La Liga". The blaugranas are received in the airport by 5000 fans demanding freedom for Quini.

Aficion01.jpg

By the end of March, Quini is finally liberated by the police. Quini was visibly tired and slim.

This terrible fact destroyed Barcelona's season, who were unable to react since March, losing points everywhere and finishing 5th.

As a final note, Quini won the Pichichi award that season.
Partido05.jpg

S

Snyde

This poll is an abomination by the way, it's basically just the greatest striker since the 1990s and totally ignores Samitier, Kubala, Krankl and all time leading scorer César.
:beer2: Oh and I bet Rivaldo's favourite has to be Paulino Alcántara! (Filipino :tongue: )

All-time leading goalscorer

Paulino Alcántara
Paulino Alcántara, with 357 goals in 357 games, :omg: in the seasons from 1912-27 (215 goals in friendlies, 5 in the Spanish Cup, 98 in the Catalan Championship, 35 in the Spanish Championship, 3 in the Pyrenees Cup and 1 in the Barcelona Cup)

(from the official site)

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Snyde, I was just about to say this poll missed Alcantara. It is also missing Samitier, Kubala and Cesar. Also, I wouldn't consider Ronaldinho or Messi a 'striker' -more so an attacking midfielder or a winger.

So great idea, but maybe you should change the title to 'The Best Barca Forward Since The 90's'. Just my 2 cents ;)

nebeer

Love is All
Messi and Ronaldinho are not out and out strikers in my opinion. Ronaldo in my opinion was the best striker to have played for Barca; then again he played for a very short time. So it's a tough one for me to vote. I have not watched the likes of Kubala, Samitier and Alcantara play. So how much credibility would my vote have when you are considering the best striker in Barca history?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Romario is the best pure finishing striker on that list, but not the best for Barca in their history. Messi a striker? Please.

J

Jordzibob

Yes yes the poll is crap ok, =[. I missed out alot of players, should rename it, and just generally messed up.......meh

Ish Kabibble

I'm glad to see some of the old guys such as Paulino Alcántara, César Rodríguez and László Kubala were brought up. Too often fans know the players from recent decades, but those whose shoulders the more recent legends stand on are sadly forgotten. :beer2:

César still holds the Barcelona record for most goals in official matches with 235 and he led Barca to five Spanish championships. I think either he or Kubala (196 goals, four championships) would be my choice. :2145960713mundoemot

:flagvl8:

Yes yes the poll is crap ok, =[. I missed out alot of players, should rename it, and just generally messed up.......meh

You started a good debate that led to some great info about some of the old legends. :beer2:

Home of Barca Fans