Spain

Jenks

Valencia's stadium only hold 55k to use them as an example. That means 30-40k less people able to go and watch the game. There's also a romance and a tradition attached to a national stadium that you don't get when the team is moving around all over the place.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
They have the Camp Nou and Santiago Bernaleo why would they need a seperate stadium for the NT when almost every player in the NT is used to playing in those 2 every year

ManusXavi

tbh, for me it's national stadiums that don't make sense, especially in nations with successful clubs and several worthy stadiums to choose from. i also like it when the national team "travels" around, so that nearly everyone can support them once in a while from next to their home town.

+1

Andrew M

It is only recently that any true affection or pride for the national team has surfaced. Before there were lots of cliques and I get the impression that the public was largely indifferent.

In England Wembley is regularly near capacity when England play there. Spain struggle to fill 50k.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Looks like Thiago is going to come back soon. I really think this kid can be vital to Spain having success this summer. He was really starting to show his class in Germany before he got injured again.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Valencia's stadium only hold 55k to use them as an example. That means 30-40k less people able to go and watch the game. There's also a romance and a tradition attached to a national stadium that you don't get when the team is moving around all over the place.

It was better in the early 00's when England travelled all over the country.

PaulTaylor

If Spain had a National Stadium you would be restricting the people coming to the games. I find it to far to travel to international games and i live in scotland. The only good thing about a National stadium for me is it makes Semi finals of the cups a lot better being at a "Neutral stadium"

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Albert Celades (former Spain u16 coach) is now the u21 coach. Thank god considering Eusebio was being rumored as an option :lol: Good luck to him

Good luck to Lopetegui as well. He was brilliant for all the youth sides he managed, I wish him success at Porto.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I hope Lopetegui does well at Porto. If he does well, I wonder if we could see him managing Barca in 7-8 years.

L

Learo

Albert Celades (former Spain u16 coach) is now the u21 coach. Thank god considering Eusebio was being rumored as an option :lol: Good luck to him

Good luck to Lopetegui as well. He was brilliant for all the youth sides he managed, I wish him success at Porto.

Albert Celades? He is our former midfielder who went to Real Madrid.

ManusXavi

I'm abit concerned about Alvaro Negredo. I'm not sure he will go to Brazil anymore. He is not in form nor has he played a major part in La Furia Roja before. Villa actually might make it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Both should go. Spain should take 4 out and out striker imo. Costa, Negredo, Villa and one of Soldado/Llorente/Pedro.

Villa's pedigree at this level in unquestionable and for me he should be a lock in the squad because he's been there and done it and has the t-shirt.

Last edited:

zealot

I'm pretty sure Pedro's place has been cemented long time ago. Regardless of current form, he's been a part of the setup for a long long while now. Pedro and Costa should go, leaving only 1 or 2 places up for grabs.

Home of Barca Fans