Seung Woo Lee

Messi10

hello, new poster here. i'm a diehard korean national team fan and i've been lurking for a few days but wanted to share some speculative news. a korean news outlet reported that according to LSW's father, they are currently in negotiations with manchester united. i wouldn't be a fan of the move unless it helps LSW sign a pro contract more quickly. the kid needs as many matches as he can at this age.

i'd love to hear if any of you have heard anything about this or any updates from spanish or catalan media (i'm poor in spanish) would be greatly appreciated.

also, if he chooses to sign for manchester united or elsewhere, would it be regarded as a transfer? and if it is, would he be able to sign a pro contract at 16 rather than 18 if he were to stay with la masia? this ineligibility crap by fifa is infuriating..

He can't move because he is banned from FIFA ATM

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
hello, new poster here. i'm a diehard korean national team fan and i've been lurking for a few days but wanted to share some speculative news. a korean news outlet reported that according to LSW's father, they are currently in negotiations with manchester united. i wouldn't be a fan of the move unless it helps LSW sign a pro contract more quickly. the kid needs as many matches as he can at this age.

i'd love to hear if any of you have heard anything about this or any updates from spanish or catalan media (i'm poor in spanish) would be greatly appreciated.

also, if he chooses to sign for manchester united or elsewhere, would it be regarded as a transfer? and if it is, would he be able to sign a pro contract at 16 rather than 18 if he were to stay with la masia? this ineligibility crap by fifa is infuriating..

I'd be very surprised if the rules are different for the EPL and Spanish teams. But as it seems Barcelona is the only club FIFA have prevented from playing foreigners as I know that Valencia has a Korean as well, and he's playing...

kozza

MU can bring his dad in England and pay him millions and pretend that he came to live there for "non football related reasons" as one of the ban exceptions stipulates.

lswkor

sorry chaps, i guess it was misinformation. youngcules cleared it up on twitter that he can't sign with man united due to the ban. the article seems to have been false. sorry for causing any alarm! eagerly looking forward to more videos and any news of him in this thread. thanks for your inputs!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
This kid really looks like the bee's knees, of course not Messi level when they were the same age but not far behind - really excited. But could somebody clear up what's going on and what and when it could be resolved?

Messi10

This kid really looks like the bee's knees, of course not Messi level when they were the same age but not far behind - really excited. But could somebody clear up what's going on and what and when it could be resolved?

Not messi level? He score more goals and gave more assists at the same age as messi;)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Any news at all on the progress of lifting the ban? It's been a year almost, surprising that its taking longer than this to reach a resolution.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What? Are we to lose this kid?

I don't think he's allowed to transfer till 18, but the issue still remains that he isn't developing as quickly as he could if the ban was lifted and he'd grow in Juvenil B/A. He could break into the first team in a matter of 2-3 years if he continued normally, the only thing holding him back being the Fifa restrictions.

lswkor

i'm starting to think fifa won't change their decision on the ban. if they haven't made a move yet, what's to say they will? it seems his options right now are to either get consistent matches somewhere back in korea or the status quo.

Ronnie10

Any news at all on the progress of lifting the ban? It's been a year almost, surprising that its taking longer than this to reach a resolution.

It might be the first time Fifa came face to face with this problem after writing rules, and they won't be changing rules immediately. Even Blatter said no exceptions for the Barcelona will be made. I'm afraid nothing gonna change unless you move globally, i.e. change FIFA regulations. All La Masia signings last summer were from Spain, except of Poveda from Arsenal. No more Messi, Lee, Kubo type of prospects will be signed.

Home of Barca Fans