Seung Woo Lee

Maria

Can't see him remaining for long at our club if he's able to play only in friendlies..so maybe instead of giving his opinion about Pep or Real Madrid, Rosell should actually do something so that we don't lose one of the greatest talents from La Masia while we the club pays millions of euros for average players like Rodri or Kiko.

khaled_a_d

Can't see him remaining for long at our club if he's able to play only in friendlies..so maybe instead of giving his opinion about Pep or Real Madrid, Rosell should actually do something so that we don't lose one of the greatest talents from La Masia while we the club pays millions of euros for average players like Rodri or Kiko.

Isn't he a 1998 born player?he can sign official contract next season and may be even loaned to some other club ,he will be professional player by that age and things would sort itself

j0rdii

Why is he only playing friendlys?
Because the FIFA said he is not allowed to play.

International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the age of 18.

Article 19 of FIFA’s transfer policies carries 3 exceptions to the rule, all of which Lee does not seem to qualify for. The three exceptions are:

The player’s parents move to the club’s country for non-football related purposes.
The transfer occurs within the territory of the European Union or the European Economic Area and the player being within 16 to 18 years of age.
The players lives 50km from a border shared by the club’s country, with the club being within 50km of that same border.

Barcelona simply can't just take a South-Korean youth player, put him in La Masia and let him play here. They have to get his parents over and fix jobs for them or they will have to wait till he's 18 years old. I'm not sure about Lee his parents but I do know that Takefusa Kubo his parents for example live in Spain so therefore he is not banned.

NeMeSis

so you are telling me ... we're about to lose one of the most promising talents of the sport because of some rule ? ::wheelchair:

veryfatchocobo

Because the FIFA said he is not allowed to play.

Barcelona simply can't just take a South-Korean youth player, put him in La Masia and let him play here. They have to get his parents over and fix jobs for them or they will have to wait till he's 18 years old. I'm not sure about Lee his parents but I do know that Takefusa Kubo his parents for example live in Spain so therefore he is not banned.
Yeah, the Filipino in the cantera (lower than La Masia) has the same situation where he has his parents living in Barcelona. Good thing they don't have trouble with the culture shock since there is an apparently big Filipino community there.

Hopefully Lee Seung Woo gets his parents here or else he's wasting his time in La Masia. Sounds backwards but you know.....

Ronnie10

Yeah, the Filipino in the cantera (lower than La Masia) has the same situation where he has his parents living in Barcelona. Good thing they don't have trouble with the culture shock since there is an apparently big Filipino community there.

Hopefully Lee Seung Woo gets his parents here or else he's wasting his time in La Masia. Sounds backwards but you know.....

Didnt know we had Filipino player in La Masia.

Home of Barca Fans