Sergio Busquets

Cule Forever

To be a captain is more than just have a talent or being a 'canterano', I think after puyol retirement mascherano is the one to be our leader.

joffess

Busi is definitely underrated, not one person I know appreciates him, it's sickening because he's one of my favorite players out there. People like Drogba, Ronaldo and Rooney have great fan bases, even though everyone knows that they are all big douches in some way. But all of a sudden when it comes to Busquets you can't put talent before "douchery" (he's not really that big of a douche, like many said, he's cut down on everything even though it wasn't that extremely much to start with).

I guess it comes down to his position which has always been underrated as well as the Barcelona curse. I mean for gods sake I've heard people say that Pedro is only good because he plays here, none of our players gets the praise they deserve, not even Messi when you think of how many people that are comparing him to Ronaldo.

It's just up to those who knows what they are watching to live every moment of it and laugh at those who years from now will say:
"I remember the 09-1x team of barcelona, too bad I didn't enjoy it enough, well it's like they say you don't know what you have until you lose it".

LaMessiah

Busi is definitely underrated, not one person I know appreciates him, it's sickening because he's one of my favorite players out there. People like Drogba, Ronaldo and Rooney have great fan bases, even though everyone knows that they are all big douches in some way. But all of a sudden when it comes to Busquets you can't put talent before "douchery" (he's not really that big of a douche, like many said, he's cut down on everything even though it wasn't that extremely much to start with).

I guess it comes down to his position which has always been underrated as well as the Barcelona curse. I mean for gods sake I've heard people say that Pedro is only good because he plays here, none of our players gets the praise they deserve, not even Messi when you think of how many people that are comparing him to Ronaldo.

It's just up to those who knows what they are watching to live every moment of it and laugh at those who years from now will say:
"I remember the 09-1x team of barcelona, too bad I didn't enjoy it enough, well it's like they say you don't know what you have until you lose it".
the common denominator with the three guys you mentioned is goal scoring. offensive prowess will always win over the masses more so than sound technical or defensive ability. just like with most sports, take basketball for example. jordan is widely considered the greatest player ever, but a guy like bill russell, who was a defensive genius, monster and leader, is hardly ever mentioned in the convo.

and i think it's kind of silly for cules to not accept that busquets embellishes a lot. he might not be playing peek-a-boo anymore when he does it, but he definitely goes down soft a lot and tries to get players cards or sent off. the only thing in his favor is that he does get fouled a lot, which probably adds to his theatrics. i love the guy, he's a great player, but to say that the media over analyze his antics is rocking the blaugrana blinders, imo.

joffess

the common denominator with the three guys you mentioned is goal scoring. offensive prowess will always win over the masses more so than sound technical or defensive ability. just like with most sports, take basketball for example. jordan is widely considered the greatest player ever, but a guy like bill russell, who was a defensive genius, monster and leader, is hardly ever mentioned in the convo.

and i think it's kind of silly for cules to not accept that busquets embellishes a lot. he might not be playing peek-a-boo anymore when he does it, but he definitely goes down soft a lot and tries to get players cards or sent off. the only thing in his favor is that he does get fouled a lot, which probably adds to his theatrics. i love the guy, he's a great player, but to say that the media over analyze his antics is rocking the blaugrana blinders, imo.

You have the ball in a position which is not dangerous at all, a player of the opposite team runs up to you and starts to mildly foul you (even though in many cases with Busquets, it's mostly not so mild), give me one good reason for a player to just stand there and take the crap when that situation is not dangerous at all?

A foul is a foul, whether Busquets exaggerates or not doesn't matter, when you get fouled as much as he does, standing on your feet can cause injuries. I can't remember once when Sergio has fallen, a penalty has been awarded, an attack of ours or the opposites has been building up or he has caused the other team to counter and score.

You call it play acting, I call it being safe and smart. Fact is, almost every player does it, and I bet every player is ordered by their coach to fall when unnecessary challenged to not cause injuries. But there's no one except Messi who gets fouled that much so we don't see other players falling in those situations as much as him. The fact that Messi doesn't do it is because he is almost always in a dangerous position.

LaMessiah

You have the ball in a position which is not dangerous at all, a player of the opposite team runs up to you and starts to mildly foul you (even though in many cases with Busquets, it's mostly not so mild), give me one good reason for a player to just stand there and take the crap when that situation is not dangerous at all?

A foul is a foul, whether Busquets exaggerates or not doesn't matter, when you get fouled as much as he does, standing on your feet can cause injuries. I can't remember once when Sergio has fallen, a penalty has been awarded, an attack of ours or the opposites has been building up or he has caused the other team to counter and score.

You call it play acting, I call it being safe and smart. Fact is, almost every player does it, and I bet every player is ordered by their coach to fall when unnecessary challenged to not cause injuries. But there's no one except Messi who gets fouled that much so we don't see other players falling in those situations as much as him. The fact that Messi doesn't do it is because he is almost always in a dangerous position.
well, in all honesty, a lot of the times it is in a dangerous position when he does it. not dangerous in that barca are about to score, dangerous in that if he loses the ball the other team will be on the break.

don't get me wrong, i don't think every time busi goes down he's diving, but i've seen with my own eyes him going down with no contact or initiating contact and getting a foul out of it. or embellishing what was minimal contact, pretending to get elbowed in the head. sure it's usually a smart play and a lot of players do it to try and get an advantage but that doesn't mean it's not somewhat underhanded. and it doesn't help his cause that he was caught on camera being a sneak.

joffess

well, in all honesty, a lot of the times it is in a dangerous position when he does it. not dangerous in that barca are about to score, dangerous in that if he loses the ball the other team will be on the break.

don't get me wrong, i don't think every time busi goes down he's diving, but i've seen with my own eyes him going down with no contact or initiating contact and getting a foul out of it. or embellishing what was minimal contact, pretending to get elbowed in the head. sure it's usually a smart play and a lot of players do it to try and get an advantage but that doesn't mean it's not somewhat underhanded. and it doesn't help his cause that he was caught on camera being a sneak.

You have? Then I'll have to excuse my incorrectness.

But it might be because he's trying to break down a counter, we saw Nesta perform a really nasty tackle on Messi just to stop him, I'd have to say I prefer diving before kicking someone violently.

M

mitkoa7x

But it might be because he's trying to break down a counter, we saw Nesta perform a really nasty tackle on Messi just to stop him, I'd have to say I prefer diving before kicking someone violently.

tumblr_lcxh9p6WSS1qe63m2.gif

LaMessiah

i definitely agree with you on that.

Cataloniakid

Busquets is a genius, much like Xavi, Messi and Iniesta. Problem is that the way he plays, very few people can understand what he is doing and so recognize how great he is.

xavisionary

Iniesta is probably my second favourite player in the world, but I just don't enjoy the idea of him being a captain. Maybe it's the strings that come attached with being a captain. Same with Messi. And I, for one, prefer a captain to either be a defender or CM. So for me it should be 1) Busi 2) Masch 3) Pique

SoMa

Busquets shouldn't be a captain. It should be Iniesta or Messi after Xavi. Although it will probably be Valdes. (Although having a gk captain is not the most convinient thing)

right now its Puyol -> xavi -> valdes -> iniesta -> Messi

Busquets has too much bad rep and Messi and Iniesta command more respect, especially to refs.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think Busquets being an absolute badass makes him the perfect candidate for captain. The haters tears will only make him stronger.

Home of Barca Fans