Sergio Busquets

JonM

He'll have to clean his act if he wants to be captain. If he does, I don't see why not. He's already really good at dealing with the refs...

I don't see much leadership in Iniesta and Messi, at least not on the same level as Puyol and Xavi. There will be a really big void to fill once they retire.

M

mitkoa7x

He'll have to clean his act if he wants to be captain. If he does, I don't see why not. He's already really good at dealing with the refs...

I don't see much leadership in Iniesta and Messi, at least not on the same level as Puyol and Xavi. There will be a really big void to fill once they retire.

What do you mean 'clean his act'? Busi should be 3rd captain imo.

M

mitkoa7x

Ahead of who exactly? Iniesta and Valdes?

Both of them, Valdes should get 4th and Andres is no captain. I was never a fan of a keeper captain, he cant run up to the other box just to talk with the ref and not get booked.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Messi and Iniesta lead by example on the pitch. They are our most talented footballers and Barca through and through.

poncirus

The play-acting. He has tone it down a bit already so he's getting there.
Busquets playacting myth is ridicoulusly exaggerated. Kind of thing amoebas who follow the sport but have no real interest in the game catch onto. We should at least ignore that trash.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well said. The hate really stems from envy of FC Barcelona and all the success the club has. They grab onto what they can and invent or exaggerate stuff in their attempt to slate the club and "prove" Barca are cheaters.
Ironically, most of those pathetic cries come from Chelsea "fans" who have the biggest diver that is: Drogba.
And it is a bit sad that some Barca fans are falling for it. But I really blame the British influenced media and all the shitty sites as goal.garbage that, through their spam campaigns and $$$ behind them, squezzed out those few that were good. And kids today are fed with manure and gladly eat it because they don't know better and even some TV houses call them "respected websites".

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
There are always unsung heroes that help put all the pieces of the puzzle together.
The biggest unsung hero of Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona team is Sergio Busquets, Pep brought Busey with him to the first team.

So far with the first team, Sergio has won three Liga titles, a Copa Del Rey, three Spanish Super Cups, two FIFA Club World Cups, two UEFA Super Cups, and two UEFA Champions Leagues titles. Busquets was a starter for Spain as the Spanish won the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Busey also won the 2009 La Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year.
Not a bad resume for someone who is just 23 years old.

While Busey may not be considered a star by many, all Culés know how valuable he is. Busquets has been tremendously valuable and a major reason for the titles the club has won recently.

But why is Sergio Busquets underrated by so many people?
Busquets is one of the best one-touch midfielders in the world. Xavi may be FC Barcelona’s midfielding heartbeat, but the backbone of the midfield is Sergio Busquets.

Here are three reasons why Busquets is underrated and the top two attributes which Busey needs to be given more credit for.

1.He’s Overlooked Due to the Greatness of Xavi and Andres Iniesta.
2.He’s Not Very Vocal Nor a Media Darling.
3.He is a good defender.
Busey’s height of 6’2” gives him the edge when he needs to defend the attack both when it comes to headers and stretching out to reach the ball. Of course other midfielders or any player in general have a tough time trying to get the ball from Busquets as well. Pep Guardiola uses him as a defender many times and always plays well when called upon for the back line.
View attachment 5395

Alissa

Is he really an unsung hero though? By the end of the CL final last year even the biggest doubter out there saw what he's capable of. People no longer underrate him but I have the feeling that for some weird reason cules want him to be the unsung hero of the team. *confused* He's appreciated everywhere in the world, I haven't met a single football fan who has stated otherwise, yes they talk about his diving too but they are very well aware of his talents and skills.

M

mitkoa7x

Is he really an unsung hero though? By the end of the CL final last year even the biggest doubter out there saw what he's capable of. People no longer underrate him but I have the feeling that for some weird reason cules want him to be the unsung hero of the team. *confused* He's appreciated everywhere in the world, I haven't met a single football fan who has stated otherwise, yes they talk about his diving too but they are very well aware of his talents and skills.

That is not true, countless people who had already branded him a diver refuse to see his talent, they just say 'oh he dives and he is shit' he is an unsung hero, probably would never get the world recognition he deserves.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I can definately see Busquets as the future captain but mind you not so long ago everyone thought it would be Pique..

JonM

Busquets playacting myth is ridicoulusly exaggerated. Kind of thing amoebas who follow the sport but have no real interest in the game catch onto. We should at least ignore that trash.

Busquests being a diver is a myth. He won't go down without being fouled first. But the play-acting, not so much. Although like I said, he has to it down a notch this season.

What's ridiculous is the venom he gets for it when in fact it often has little to no effect on the game as opposed to a player diving in the box or doing a reckless tackle.

Home of Barca Fans