Sergio Busquets

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Not even Caceres made mistakes like these, if I'm not mistaken he didn't even cost us a goal... The thing is that Yaya may be on low form but he sure as hell doesn't make stupid mistakes like Busi... That careless pass could have costed us a lot much more, like I said, at that moment we could have used our "B" team at Camp Nou and focus completely on El Clasico, but now Arsenal can come out to look for a surprise and while it's unlikely they can beat us they do have at least one shot at it now... That could really be a turning point in our season... What good can a player do if all his good work is thrown to the garbage by being irresponsible and immature? What bothers me the most is that it's not even the first time this season, it's like his 5th or 6th costly mistake, yet we don't see any kind of "punishment" by Pep... I'm not advocating in favor to Yaya, as I don't think this is should be a Yaya vs. Busquets situation, this is all about Sergi being guilty of poor decisions that make the whole team "suffer", I mean that pass wasn't even intercepted, it was straight into the feet of Arsenal players...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
gneg mate, forget it.

these yayaistas are blinkered beyond belief, there's no reasoning with them.

yaya has been poor and nondescript despite ample time, busquets has been excellent but has made a few mistakes along the way. why anyone would pick the former ahead of the latter aside from rabid fanboyism is beyond me.

and like you said, there was plenty of football played after busquets' poor pass and the fact that puyol and valdés have escaped criticism just beggar's belief.

barca96

gneg mate, forget it.

these yayaistas are blinkered beyond belief, there's no reasoning with them.

yaya has been poor and nondescript despite ample time, busquets has been excellent but has made a few mistakes along the way. why anyone would pick the former ahead of the latter aside from rabid fanboyism is beyond me.

and like you said, there was plenty of football played after busquets' poor pass and the fact that puyol and valdés have escaped criticism just beggar's belief.

how can you expect a player to perform 100% when he doesn't get a good run of matches?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's had many good runs of matches in the first half of the season and never took advantage.

in fact he played far more regularly than busquets in the first half (it was sergi who was in and out of the side for the odd-game).

barca96

yeah but pep still selected busi even though he played poorly then.
pep was supposedly did that to shut yaya's agent up

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
sergi is quickly becoming one of my fav players... my style of play is like his but i am shorter

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
are-you-not-entertained.jpg

B

beautifulgame

Played very well except for giving the ball up in a dangerous position a couple times.

He seems to have those Marquezesque lapses in focus once or twice each game.

Come on Sergi.

killerswitch

brilliant performance from busquets. worked hard, closed space, and used the ball brilliantly.

And gave the ball away in a compromising position lol. Sorry I couldn't resist, overall he had a good game as he always does except for that little thing that keeps happening.

Galning

And gave the ball away in a compromising position lol. Sorry I couldn't resist, overall he had a good game as he always does except for that little thing that keeps happening.

Couldn't agree more, he was a beast once again but then he does a little slip up.
Good game nevertheless.

ZIG-ZAG-ZIG

Guys i gotta disagree slightly.......Busquets is the weak link in the midfield....Yes Yaya gave the ball away too, but his has got one asset that Sergi doesn't have( and not for the seeable future either)..the ability to recover and the turn of pace over 20 yards.....

If you are being honest with yourself, ask this..How many times has Sergio's loss of possession lost us a goal or almost resulted in a loss of a goal? Answer = every 2 games he has played...At the level he aspires to be (along the Alonso's,Maschareno's,Essien etc) that is simply not good enough for a defensive midfielder

Home of Barca Fans