Sergio Busquets

Alik

Playing Mascherano in DM will probably not make us play any better, but it might kick Busquets back into form.

Ideally I'd play Roberto as DM to rest Busquets, but that's not possible.

The next option I'd consider is Rakitic at DM.

Isaac_Cuenca23

Are we seeing what happens when Busi doesn't have Iniesta, Xavi and Messi with him?

Busi has played almost his whole career with those three greats, as part of a central diamond, ok Xavi's been gone for a while and Messi doesn't play for Spain but the last match was the first I can think of without any of them.

Truthist

You can only get away with his severe lack of pace for so long imo.

As soon as the game becomes stretched, he becomes vulnerable.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
According to MD, Lucho and the Coaching staff are analyzing all the physical and technical data and to help establish a work plan in getting Busi back into form.

And they're also reviewing the causes of his poor form and also reviewing its schedule of appearances he has made. Well that's what I could understand from the article.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...41801820708/barca-busquets-entrenamiento.html

He's never had such a poor run so I am not that worried.

Messi983

Let's hope it's baby's fault then. He'll grown up but hernia problems won't get away quickly and could become even worse.

raskolnikov

It feels weird saying this but its time to turn on the heat and bench him. Never thought complacency would get to Busi. Hes smarter than that.
Maybe benching sparks a change and he will step his game up.

El Flaco

Considering how well Busquets plays for Spain (and his performance today wasn't an exception), I think it's more to with he isn't comfortable in Lucho's system.

Home of Barca Fans