Sergio Busquets

BBZ8800

Infuriating when see him take a touch and shit himself as knows too slow to get away so then backs in to try and win a foul.

Gets far more of those than should even get and ref was not calling a lot of them today.

Yes, the ref awarded at least two soft fouls in our half by Fekir on him which shouldn't have been fouls.

He is trying to shield the ball with his slow pace and horrible strength.

Windhook

The worst part is we have no adequate replacement for his position, ongoing in the last 10 years. Rotating Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Andre Gomes, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie was/is some reserve plan for minor games. Not going to work in the long run.

serghei

The worst part is we have no adequate replacement for his position, ongoing in the last 10 years. Rotating Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Andre Gomes, Arturo Vidal, Frenkie was/is some reserve plan for minor games. Not going to work in the long run.

How about that Ilax Moritiba guy?

mc_lovin

There were some talks that Ilaix will follow Ansu shortly. Hope thats true, hes exactly the player I want at DM for us. Depending on our transfer window I wouldnt be surprised if he gets his shot next season.

soul24rage

How is Bob under pressure though? As slow as Busquets is, still handles pressure pretty well.

Busquets is better, but I think with the quality of DJ and Pedri as interiors and with Messi dropping deep, Bob should be good enough.

We need more pace when dealing with the opponent's counter attacks, which Bob could provide.

Also, it's been long over due that we phase out Busi as the starting pivot. Busi can still play as a sub if we need more control in midfield.

Jandro from Barca B is an interesting prospect which I think we should try him out for a few games as privot next season.

Andresito

Staff member
How about that Ilax Moritiba guy?

ea3dda6fc5f3c4b087ef20944d80d0ae.jpg

behindbrowneyes

Yep. Spent his whole life at Barca, and doesn't have the attitude to even go in some exotic league like Xavi and Iniesta did. Think the only way he's leaving is by retiring. And judging by his performances, it wouldn't be out of place if he does it this summer. Hopefully he does. Doesn't help that his player profile has become obsolete. Rodri is a similar type of player and is also really struggling, but at least he's a few years younger and of course also has Pep, the only manager who actually made use of Busquets in the first place.

He hasn't even retired from the national team. He has no competetion in the team for years like Windhook said. His contract ends in summer 2023. Don't think it is likely that he ends his career and retires from football.

Home of Barca Fans