Sergio Busquets

Horatio

You're welcome
Always been praised as one of the greats at Barca, even these last two season. But how many teams are going to line up to pick him up really?

Katarina1

Banned
I was looking back at some of the older comments in this thread and it's crazy how much he's fallen. Just look at page 569 which was February 2016. That fits with my memory of him being incredible for most of 15-16 but then having a terrible end to the season and returning even worse in 16-17.

tacticvarium

His rapid decline in form is highly due to our super-weak physical training over the past years especially since Valverde era.
During Pep ans Lucho era, Barca always had intense physical training sessions periodically, especially prior to Feb/March when the important part of the season begins. Our players don't run now not only because they mentally became less competitive and lazy but also because they were not offered such intense physical trainings to give them the ability to run more.

tacticvarium

Nobody lined up for Xavi or Iniesta in their last season with us. Busquets just got old.

I remember there were a number of serious offers from big clubs. But they declined them due to the huge financial offers and the fact that they no longer wanted to compete in Europe.

Last edited:

ManusXavi

Selected in Spain squad for Nations League matches against Germany and Ukraine.
"If the European Championship [postponed until 2021 due to Coronavirus] was to be played tomorrow, this would be my team" Luis Enrique said

Devils

The modern game is all based on speed, strength and pressing. There has been no player in the world left behind more than Busi in this transition.

This cat is nothing but a relic in modern day football.

It's sad because Lucho is still fond of him and it will cost him big time in the Euros.

Richard.H

The modern game is all based on speed, strength and pressing. There has been no player in the world left behind more than Busi in this transition.

This cat is nothing but a relic in modern day football.

It's sad because Lucho is still fond of him and it will cost him big time in the Euros.

You could argue he's been done since the treble season. Raki lasted until end of 2016, but this guy fell hard after treble season. That was also around the time when the game got a lot more physical (start of RM 3-peat with emphasis on crosses and counter attacks).

Home of Barca Fans