Sergio Busquets

Obiaseti

I'm not sure if he's fully fit. Maybe a change in fitness regime or diet is in order. He looks extremely sluggish on the pitch.

Tackle

Absolute tree.

Can someone also tell me what the feck this semi-paralyzed octopus is doing going up for corners?

Despite being a tall player he is tragic in the air and he is far too slow to get back when the other team counters. He was caught out multiple times yesterday on set-pieces leaving massive pockets of space for the other team to attack with pace. He left the defense completely exposed FFS.

Riordon

Should just retire this summer. Was overran constantly. He can’t cut it anymore against fast and psychical teams but against La Liga teams in Camp Nou, yes

Marshall D Teach

Absolute tree.

Can someone also tell me what the feck this semi-paralyzed octopus is doing going up for corners?

Despite being a tall player he is tragic in the air and he is far too slow to get back when the other team counters. He was caught out multiple times yesterday on set-pieces leaving massive pockets of space for the other team to attack with pace. He left the defense completely exposed FFS.

You’re almost getting it. Now ask yourself who it is that’s starting him every game.

Hardy

with that travesty of contract he has (one of the most retarted move of this board, 500 mil of clause lmao...) we are screwed, Valverde has no balls to bench Suarez, imagine him. Only hope is that he realizes his time is done here and goes to Cina, USA or wherever the fuck he wants. He's so useless that playing with him or one man down is pretty much the same thing.

FinBarcelonafan

Busi has no place in modern football. He just doesn't have the intensity to play on this level Any more. Game has changed or he has regressed too much. Waste of a midfielder nowadays.

soul24rage

It's sad to see a club legend and one of my favorite players decline like this. But sadly, he shouldn't be in the first team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's sad to see a club legend and one of my favorite players decline like this. But sadly, he shouldn't be in the first team.

Still very much useful but not for those wages.
Also, a bad example for the rest of the team.

Puyol was a fucking warrior at an older age and with tons of injuries. Now that was a captain.
Was sad to watch such a pushover with an armband.

Riordon

Watching PSG-Real. Get me a DM like Idrissa Gueye, Kante light. This is the kind of DM we should go for in the future IMO, a workhorse who is fast enough with stamina and intensity to compensate for our offensive players. Funny Real started to win multiple CL's when they put Casemiro there.

We need to replace Busquest with a DM who loves the art of defending but at the same time has decent skills on the ball.

Leo_Messi

Busquets was never the most agile or quick player in the world but that never stopped him from being the best defensive midfielder for almost 1 decade for club and country. Mainly due to his amazing reading of the game, anticipation, ability to control the tempo of the game and possession, passing ability and accuracy etc.

However his legs are more or less completely gone and it is impossible to make up for that in 2019 regardless of how smart you are as a player. At least against opponents like Dortmund away from home. A shame but everything has its end.

Watching PSG-Real. Get me a DM like Idrissa Gueye, Kante light. This is the kind of DM we should go for in the future IMO, a workhorse who is fast enough with stamina and intensity to compensate for our offensive players. Funny Real started to win multiple CL's when they put Casemiro there.

We need to replace Busquest with a DM who loves the art of defending but at the same time has decent skills on the ball.

Shocking to realize that this Gueye guy is just 13 months younger than Busquets. Could have sworn that he was 13 years younger based on their respective recent performances.:lol:

Anyway Busquets was never fast nor very agile to begin with and let us not forget that Busquets is already a legend of the game and one of the most decorated players in football history for club and country. 650+ senior games for club and country take their toll as well. Lack of motivation to prove yourself and win trophies as well.

I would claim that the long-term replacement for Busquets is already in-house. De Jong ticks every box as a DM and adds so many other aspects to his game than the current version of Busquets.

We need to partner Arthur with a dynamic two-way midfielder that is a goalscoring threat (ideally), has the necessary stamina, great pressing abilities and who makes frequent runs into the box while not being a liability in the defensive game. A more vertical midfielder in other words.

My favorites so far are Fabián Ruiz and Havertz. Just afraid that Havertz might be too offensive. Ideally a player that is a combination of both of those 2 types of players. Not sure if such a player exists.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

#sergio2023

2023!! He’s going to be a sloth by that time. Hopefully Valverde sees FDJ mobility at DM and permanently benches Busi.

I would like to see how Arthur-FDJ-Vidal works. Not very attacking but can cover for Messi and Suarez who offer nothing defensively.

Home of Barca Fans