Sergio Busquets

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
played well, stifled many sporting attacks along with going back into CB many times as pique pushed forward. did nothing special but knows his role and he has improved passing from last season.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Biscuits looked ropey after coming on in the ESC. He needs to progress this year as we'll be relying heavily on him come ACN.

Needs to progress? He was awesome last year and frankly continuing in the same vain would be enough for now.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
not the best i have seen from him a few sloppy give aways but i know he is a very good player glad to see him get the start

jairzinho

Sergi needs to be more aggresive on the defensive side of the ball...he is good technically and can pass the ball..but IMO he needs to be more assertive in midfield...like Toure

FlyLo

He'll never be a Xavi or Touré but he'll serve us well because of the healthy agression in his game. It's definitely something we lack at times. Plus he's an ok passer, hard worker and good tackler. Hope he keeps progressing like he has.

maz

I walk the line
I thought he had a very good game. Was constantly up in the opponents' faces or getting in positions that blocked off passes.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
played well, stuffed the counter attack with good fouls whenever neccessary. should make the world cup squad next year and hopefully with a good year with barca he should get some game time with spain in the world cup

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
that could be the plan but he has to be nastier in the mid though, he is a little dirty but has to be more physcial on defensive plays

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
"Sergi Busquets is a soccer player who sees everything very fast. He has an excellent first touch and great balance"

This comes from the mid-field maestro himself. Ever since Confed.Cup, I believed Busquets would be the ideal successor of Xavi. Every one ridiculed me saying Busquee is destined to do only the dirty work. Some mentioned the fact that he even was played at CB by Pep for Barça Atlètic. Some said he doesn't have the brains to be a Xavi.

I wonder what they would say now after Xavi himself said Busquee sees every thing very fast and has excellent balance. Busquee started showing glimpses of his control over mid-field this pre-season, I agree it's still to early to decide any thing based on the pre-season performances against mediocre teams but then I'd add he has the BEST mid-fielder in the world for mentor :)

P.S. Pep himself started as a CDM. Xavi started there. Iniesta started there. We know what they are now. Busquets also started there:popcom:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Busquets has to add a lot more to his game if he's going to replace Xavi, personally I don't see it happening, I think he'll continue at DM.

Home of Barca Fans