Sergio Aguero

Chainsaw

Killahead
Where were the Italian teams last year in the Champions League?

Didn't Inter finish behind Spurs in their group? Didn't Spurs knockout Milan? The same Spurs who didn't manage to get into the CL this year.

Didn't Milan get knocked out by Schalke? the team that got totally outplayed by United's second team?

Didn't Roma get knocked out by some Ukranian team?

Selective memories...

facepalm.jpg

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I see Serie A now, like where the premier league was in the mid to late 90's and early 00's. Premier league then had 1 great team, half a dozen very solid teams and were in the early stages of rebuilding themselves for europe.

Similarly with Serie A, except I do not think they have a great team in that league, but they have 2 very good teams and half a dozen very solid teams and are rebuilding again after a decade at the top. IMO as whole they are a LONG way off the premier league and la liga at the moment.....hell Bundesliga maybe ahead too.

But Serie A is rebuilding again and everything is cyclical and I expect them to return to the top or near the top in a couple of years time.

If Milan can get some better investment, if Inter can hang on to their players and replenish the squad and if Juve can move up a level or 2 then the league would be better for it.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Yip, Italian teams will always have a presence. Best 2 leagues at the monment are the Primera and the EPL but just you wait, the sleeping giant of the SPL will soon overtake

I see Serie A now, like where the premier league was in the mid to late 90's and early 00's. Premier league then had 1 great team, half a dozen very solid teams and were in the early stages of rebuilding themselves for europe.

Similarly with Serie A, except I do not think they have a great team in that league, but they have 2 very good teams and half a dozen very solid teams and are rebuilding again after a decade at the top. IMO as whole they are a LONG way off the premier league and la liga at the moment.....hell Bundesliga maybe ahead too.

But Serie A is rebuilding again and everything is cyclical and I expect them to return to the top or near the top in a couple of years time.

If Milan can get some better investment, if Inter can hang on to their players and replenish the squad and if Juve can move up a level or 2 then the league would be better for it.

Lot of sense there :) i think now they are on collective TV deals will eventually help them in a few years time. Also Italian teams willa lways remaina tt he top as no one else can work the transfer amrket like they do :eek:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Italian teams building their own stadiums will be a huge step up for the whole italian football. I hope Inter waste no time starting the project.

SwiftGuyver

if City sign Kun and Carlos doesn't leave they should play this lineup until the January window...

.....................Hart.....................
Micah..Kompany....Lescott.....Clichy
...............Yaya.....de Jong...........
....................Silva......................
Tevez...........Aguero..........Balotelli

i mean, wow, that shit is scary! they would be devastating...

Barcafan 2304

if City sign Kun and Carlos doesn't leave they should play this lineup until the January window...

That is if Mancini plays Tevez

Chainsaw

Killahead
I'm not sure if it was Aguero agent or someone else, but he said that Kun fate will be decided next week. I doubt if Tevez stay with Man City untill Januray, so we most probably hear about some big moves in the coming weeks. I really liked to see any of 'em at Inter, but since Inter is obsessed with fucking Palacio over the last month and don't move quick in offloading some players to raise fund for any big arrivals then I step down in the hope to see Tevez or Aguero in Inter jersey for now.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Why doesn't this impress me in anyway shape or form?

I mean on the left side there is Mario, crazy talented but damn lazy. On the right there is Tevez who gets his period twice a year (in December and the summer). In the middle is a little midget who is yet to prove any sort of consistency (though I like him a lot). In midfield we have a mercenary who thinks he is da boss cuz he is being paid like da boss, a butcher and thank god they have the brilliant Silva. Defense is wicked, until you get to Clichy :lol:

dalitis8

Banned

Remove the retard. And that is a mean team.

Home of Barca Fans