Santiago Vergini

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's wrong to call that a series defining moment when the team had and wasted plenty of chances before and after that goal, and still had a whole second leg in the Nou Camp in which again they had and wasted chances and played pretty poorly.
I guess you are right... But I sure remember getting pissed on Messi for that goal.
Might not be the defining movement as you say but they sure got an undeniable advantage with that.

It was a huge disappointment for me... Not only the semi, but also the final. I was so hurt, I almost had tears. I rooted for Bayern after we went out in Semis and the stupid Shweini missed the penalty! I was sure the Germans were cursed for eternity with choking, I couldn't help but keep on scolding them!!

But damn, did they prove me wrong in some style!!

sabby

Why is this talk about being not fast ? As long as the CB does not venture to the opponent half, he doesn't need to be super fast. What we really need is a tough (physically and mentally) CB who has good apprehension, aerial capability and a bit ball playing ability. Lack of pace is not gonna be much important as long as he stays within/near our penalty box.

Duke

Argentina didn't produce any solid defenders recently that's why they struggle with the NT. However, if he is free then why not? I'm sure his salary would be the lowest among our players. Bring him..

nebeer

Love is All
Vergini can be a good addition. He would come on a free transfer so that would save a lot of money from our transfer budget. Moreover, at 24 years of age, Vergini is a decent center back who would fit in with the Barca style nicely. He wins headers easily because of his height and is a superb header of the ball. He can launch precise long passes and find right or left forwards which would add a vertical dimension to our game. He's also a decent marker and wins balls cleanly. He has a physical presence and goes forward with the ball. He scores goals in corners and can even take penalty kicks.

Duke

Vergini can be a good addition. He would come on a free transfer so that would save a lot of money from our transfer budget. Moreover, at 24 years of age, Vergini is a decent center back who would fit in with the Barca style nicely. He wins headers easily because of his height and is a superb header of the ball. He can launch precise long passes and find right or left forwards which would add a vertical dimension to our game. He's also a decent marker and wins balls cleanly. He has a physical presence and goes forward with the ball. He scores goals in corners and can even take penalty kicks.

And how do you know all this?

nebeer

Love is All
from what I saw so far he look like Javier Martinez

Even if he's like Javi Martinez, it wouldn't hurt to get one for free, would it? This is what I already love about Martino - getting good players from unexplored lands for free/cheap. It's the sign of a very strong manager. Even Pep wasted so much of our money over signings like Ibra. I already find Martino's this side very appreciable.

kollegah

Even if he's like Javi Martinez, it wouldn't hurt to get one for free, would it? This is what I already love about Martino - getting good players from unexplored lands for free/cheap. It's the sign of a very strong manager. Even Pep wasted so much of our money over signings like Ibra. I already find Martino's this side very appreciable.

besides rumours, nothing concrete until now, nor from the player nor from tata, so i wouldnt get too exited

C

chiranjit4969

He is quite good defenders and he comes free....so why should we not go for him....he comes free, so we have the same budget for buying another experienced defender.........

C

chiranjit4969

;he comes free....so must buy him...then we have also the same budget to buy another experienced defender..........:(

xxxxxx

This guy doesn't look like he'll suit our game. Unless Tata is suddenly going to change our tactics.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Maybe we will play Mourinho ball, the same tactics he used at Inter. 4-2-3-1, Samuel or Vergini in a deep compact defence, two defensive midfield thugs, counterattack.

desoe

Lack of pace is not gonna be much important as long as he stays within/near our penalty box.

Do you realize that different teams defend in different ways? Our central backs do NOT stay within/near the penalty box in most of the time. Actually, they spend a lot of time near the center of the pitch.

nebeer

Love is All
This guy doesn't look like he'll suit our game. Unless Tata is suddenly going to change our tactics.

Well, the one thing one can pin against Vergini is that he is somewhat slow. But he is probably to do the job Puyol does, which is stay at the back or the last man of the line. Despite him being somewhat slow, I think his physical presence can be an asset.

Home of Barca Fans