Santiago Vergini

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why would Messi play in center midfield in a 4-3-3? He's only hitting his prime, and it would be a waste to play him in midfield now. Plus we don't know how good Cuenca will be after his back to back injuries. And to accommodate Deulofeu, all we have to do is sell Pedro and Alexis. Give the #7 to Deulo and the #9 to Dongou. :p

Then we have Tello, Deulo, and Ney on LW. Deulo, Cuenca, Ney, and maybe Adama on RW. And Messi and Dongou for CF.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
we can safely assume we will continue to play 4.3.3 and those three in the middle are absolutely fixed. Random deviation could be messi in that three(not macherano, nor song with busi starting as barca won't play with two DM,never) with tello/pedro, neymar, and alexis in front three.

somethign like

rb.cb.cb.lb
---busi---
-------iniesta---
---messi----
alexis.ney-pedro

1. Messi already plays there, so will continue to enjoy freedom, a lot more in this case
2. more attacking formation
3. We might have to adjust to this formation, 1. to accomodate tello, cuenca, 2. given that gerrard deulofue might be coming back home next season.

That formation is not going to hold vs strong attacking teams like Bayern, Madrid etc etc. Gonna get ripped apart without marking through the middle.

That's good for when you're down and you need to score and just throw caution to the wind in order to overwhelm a team who is sitting back.

IMO best formation for strong offensive teams is to play 4-5-1 with wingers and laterals sacrificing their physique in order to defend and press with conviction and aggressiveness, but still bomb forward suddenly to cause havoc.

IMO

RB-CB-CB-LB
--Cesc-Busi--
Alexis-Inista-Ney
----Messi----

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Messi already cost us a CL by giving away position in the mid field even when he was playing a striker... I am scared to imagine what the output would be if he permenantly played there!!

Are you talking about the Drogba goal vs Chelsea in the first leg??

That's hardly costing the team a CL.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Are you talking about the Drogba goal vs Chelsea in the first leg??

That's hardly costing the team a CL.
Well it did! At least that was the defining moment that won them the berth in finals!!

Besides, Messi has the brain of a forward and definitely hasn't got the patience of a mid fielder... So making him a mid fielder would be wrong move. It would remain the same scenario for at least another 7 years

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well it did! At least that was the defining moment that won them the berth in finals!!

Besides, Messi has the brain of a forward and definitely hasn't got the patience of a mid fielder... So making him a mid fielder would be wrong move. It would remain the same scenario for at least another 7 years

One goal on the first half of the first leg of a 2 legged tie to make the aggregate 1-0 is a series defining event? :facepalm:

Also, that wasn't entirely Messi's fault. Mascherano made a compromising pass and Messi just got blindsided.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
One goal on the first half of the first leg of a 2 legged tie to make the aggregate 1-0 is a series defining event? :facepalm:

Also, that wasn't entirely Messi's fault. Mascherano made a compromising pass and Messi just got blindsided.
I can't recall the exact situation but I was damn pissed with Messi for what happened... I remember it as a pass/dribble that Messi tried and gave away the ball...

It was a series defining moment, moer or less, for us at least... if not for Chelsea :shrug:
After that goal Chelsea just had to park the buss for the entire second half in that match and boom... They had a goal advantage coming to us!!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I know Xavi gave away the ball in an important match last season. Can't remember who we played, though.

Butaan4barca

That formation is not going to hold vs strong attacking teams like Bayern, Madrid etc etc. Gonna get ripped apart without marking through the middle.

That's good for when you're down and you need to score and just throw caution to the wind in order to overwhelm a team who is sitting back.

IMO best formation for strong offensive teams is to play 4-5-1 with wingers and laterals sacrificing their physique in order to defend and press with conviction and aggressiveness, but still bomb forward suddenly to cause havoc.

IMO

RB-CB-CB-LB
--Cesc-Busi--
Alexis-Inista-Ney
----Messi----

messi doesn't play classic 9, he plays false 9 = midfield. As he drops back, So he already scored 60 odd goals every season, in last three season playing freely, dropping down to mid to linkup with midfield and become a bridge in attack and mid.
Now consider the situation if messi dropps back very often, who is up front ? With villa gone ? = neymar. why ? just to make sure Cd doesn't follows messi or if he does some one is exploiting a space. So if neymar moved to center 9 postion, who's at left wing ? if thats empty the opposition right back will be an extra defender to track neymar (who will be marked by 2 cds and a right back) why do you do put a left winger.? Espescially someone like tello. He will surely put the right-back back in place. Advantages ?
1. Neymars gets a man less
2. Messi get full freedom, he sees more ball, he can dribble, shoot, pass. a classical 10.
3. Now with bigger teams, we saw the bigger problem was no one was actually threatenining the opposition's penalty area as messi fell back. Exactly in contrary to what you suggested.
4. Now with three upfront primary problem isn't to handle messi as there are three forwards attacking the goal. So their focus will be those three, neymar,alexis and tello/pedro. So what ? messi in a surprise element !!!. Everywhere on the pitch,and he surely will be unmarkable.
Now what if they focus on messi in this case ? = messi will set free the trio free again and again all over the season with those killer ground, areal, long, short smart and penetrating passes which he is fully capable of more than thiago will ever be.
Thiago was perhaps right to leave, or might cesc aswell.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Yes, good move I think.

Now if we can get a player with experience in CL and is good then that will be perfect, preferably quick.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I can't recall the exact situation but I was damn pissed with Messi for what happened... I remember it as a pass/dribble that Messi tried and gave away the ball...

It was a series defining moment, moer or less, for us at least... if not for Chelsea :shrug:
After that goal Chelsea just had to park the buss for the entire second half in that match and boom... They had a goal advantage coming to us!!

It was Mascherano who dribbled the ball from the back field and made a crossing pass to Messi, who received it with his back to goal with a defender close by, and when he turned, another rushing defender blindsided him and took the ball. It was a poor and unnecessary situation to lay a pass by Mascherano. There was also a lot left to do after that by Chelsea. The ball still swung from one to the other side of the pitch and then back to the original side for Drogba to score. Defense wasn't particularly exposed by the loss of possession, yet they were still poor in covering.

It's wrong to call that a series defining moment when the team had and wasted plenty of chances before and after that goal, and still had a whole second leg in the Nou Camp in which again they had and wasted chances and played pretty poorly.

he also gave away the ball in the return leg for the rameres goal if i remember correctly.

There was no giveaway in the Ramires goal. Just the poor defending we've come to expect from Barca lately.

Home of Barca Fans