Samuel Umtiti

Trickykid

if masche stays, I wouldn't mind him as the only CB
him and Pogboom would be a dream for me
Everything else is a bonus

I really wouldn't be comfortable going into another season with Munir as 1st backup attacker. I think it's given that we're signing someone to supplement MSN. Oh, and Denis (hopefully).

Jombi

So we will buy Marquinhos AND Umtiti, or just Umititi?

Marquinhos will never happen, but we need more than one defensive acquisition. Imagine if Alba is out, we're stuck with only old man Mathieu and Masche + Pique for an extended period of time as CBs. Not good.

gasgas

I really wouldn't be comfortable going into another season with Munir as 1st backup attacker. I think it's given that we're signing someone to supplement MSN. Oh, and Denis (hopefully).

I think denis and munir will be sufficient, rafinha and arda can play there

a MSN back will hardly play anyway since each of MSN play most of the games of the season anyway and they may be rested in small games which we can win with any of the above players in the front line.
no need spending money for that

we have msn backups, we just didn't use them enough

Trickykid

I think denis and munir will be sufficient, rafinha and arda can play there

a MSN back will hardly play anyway since each of MSN play most of the games of the season anyway and they may be rested in small games which we can win with any of the above players in the front line.
no need spending money for that

we have msn backups, we just didn't use them enough

Munir really doesn't cut it, and neither of the players you mention are goal scorers, hence why we've been rumored to be interested in a proven goal scorer since sometime last season. It's no secret that Lucho wanted Nolito badly last winter and the Gameiro rumors suit the argument as well. I'd be extremely surprised if we don't sign a striker of some sort this summer.

gasgas

Munir really doesn't cut it, and neither of the players you mention are goal scorers, hence why we've been rumored to be interested in a proven goal scorer since sometime last season. It's no secret that Lucho wanted Nolito badly last winter and the Gameiro rumors suit the argument as well. I'd be extremely surprised if we don't sign a striker of some sort this summer.

I'm pretty sure we don't need all 3 to be goalscorers cause we don't rest all MSN at once,
so say we're resting neymar
Suarez_Suarez_ messi

resting Suarez
neymaz_messi_Suarez

resting messi
neymar_Suarez_Suarez

I don't think we lose much goalscoring threat because even then, those switches will be happening rarely and in smaller games

no need to splash 20 M+ to buy a player to play the 10 odd games a season when we decide to rest MSN, I even think they will become rusty sitting on the bench

khaled_a_d

Now, what I wonder is.

Will we be signing another CB or is this it?

I think there is a good chance we will,we had agreement with Davinson but his agent is against it and the rumors has died for now for both us & Ajax.we also made an offer for Lemos.so it seem we are looking for someone to sign & Loan or move to Barca B

Jombi

Man, we have been lucky as all hell with injuries. Our MSN backup is a total joke at the moment. Imagine all three being out in an important game. No, Arda and Rafa are slow as turtles and cant play on the wings. I would love us to take a gamble on someone like Gabriel Jesus or Thomas Lemar instead of yet another old geezer with no sell-on value looking for a last big paycheck.

Trickykid

I'm pretty sure we don't need all 3 to be goalscorers cause we don't rest all MSN at once,
so say we're resting neymar
Suarez_Suarez_ messi

resting Suarez
neymaz_messi_Suarez

resting messi
neymar_Suarez_Suarez

I don't think we lose much goalscoring threat because even then, those switches will be happening rarely and in smaller games

no need to splash 20 M+ to buy a player to play the 10 odd games a season when we decide to rest MSN, I even think they will become rusty sitting on the bench

I disagree completely. 10 games you say? Even without resting any of them, a 4th striker would get at least that amount through injuries and suspensions. But the thing is; say that we actually get someone whom we could, with our sanity relatively unscathed, use to rest MSN every now and then? That way we could keep the three stars fresh and even on their toes, should their form or desire drop too low.

Lastly, I don't agree that our goal scoring threat won't drop significantly if either of MSN is out in our current setup. The current alternatives are just too weak or misplaced as main goal scoring outlets for it to go unnoticed.

All this coupled with the fact that a late sub striker for games where we desperately need goals would do us wonders, makes me think that Lucho is very serious about strengthening the team in that exact department.

serghei

We need that MSN sub. He doesn't have to be young. In fact we need someone experienced to provide instant results with kind of limited playing time.

Home of Barca Fans