Samuel Umtiti

JamDav1982

After having looked at the first goal, I think blame can be put on other players as well:
Busquets pass is maybe too harsh (don't really think so though, think he might've looked for Alba as well)
Then Griezmann could either let the ball pass in the first situation
Either way he isn't helping quite enough afterwards
Neither does Pedri. Both players should see the two opponents approaching Umtiti and offer the easy pass inbetween, instantly.
Busquets shouldn't then let the ball pass through him, but he is pretty close, and it is hard to react.
Mats and Araujo should maybe not let the ball pass between them - Araujo one step back (MATS one step forward maybe?)
Roberto should be one or two steps closer from the beginning.

Second goal is a very stupid pass from Griezmann, but shouldn't lead to a goal. Perfect pass and run it seems, and a misjudgement from Umtiti. But Griezmanns pass is more annoying.

You are trying too hard to put blame on Griezmann for the two goals.

First goal he does well to even get it directed to Umtiti and is stretching for it. The second is a ball lost on edge of opponents are and it is never fault of forward when that results in a goal even if poor pass.

Andresito

Staff member
I'll give him a pass despite being heavily involved in both goals. I hope Koeman still shows confidence in him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was excellent of late but as I have mentioned before, he is not the same player pre-injury. His time at Barca is over

Rory

Flip a coin over who starts between him and Umtiti, can't say which one would be better. I'd still prefer Umtiti. First goal was a silly giveaway but he should have never received the ball from busquets there, totally unnecessary pressure applied to him. Second goal, well yes it was bad, should one player be responsible for it though I'm not sure.

behindbrowneyes

Had hopes for him after a good run of games, especially the one against Bilbao. Umtiti losing a sprint battle against 35yo Soldado who was running with the ball was pretty telling though.

FinBarcelonafan

Had hopes for him after a good run of games, especially the one against Bilbao. Umtiti losing a sprint battle against 35yo Soldado who was running with the ball was pretty telling though.

Yeah, I am already having nightmares about PSG game. Neymar, DiMaria and Mbappe running in counter vs Umtiti..

behindbrowneyes

He just cant sprint anymore, right?

Looks like it. There were similar situations in last few games where he ran back at the same pace and I thought he reserved himself a little bit since other players like Araujo, Pedri and Alba were closer to the ball. I didn't give much importance to it back then as situations were not that dangerous like yesterday.

Yesterday, it was different. He was the last man and literally the only one who could stop Soldado on the way to the goal. I doubt he didn't give his all. That's just the maximum speed he can go nowadays.

Home of Barca Fans