Samuel Umtiti

serghei

About this 50m rumors, imo: his knee is probably in a very bad state.

That means that his future at the highest level is a gamble:
1. he could heal and play at the highest level for 8-10 years
2. or he could turn into Vermaelen or Puyol from last years when he will have an injury after injury.
He will have a few good Months, then another minor knee, muscle or groin injury due to not playing.
Then he'll need a few weeks to return in form and then he'll get injured again.

So, to some extent:
Pique is injury free and he can play for 2-3 seasons more.
Lenglet is young and injury free and he can play for 10 years more.
De Light is young and injury free and he can play for 15 years.

So, relying on those 3 is not THAT bad.
Also, we can always buy a new CB when we'll need, since we have bought 3 different CBs in the last 3-4 summers (Umtiti, Lenglet, De Light).
Plus, we have tried with Mina, Marlon, Murillo, Todibo in between.

So, not only:
1. that we can buy someone like Lenglet in 2-3 years
2. but maybe one Todibo/Marlon experiment will work out one day and we'll get a cheap 4th Cb

It's no doubt imo that if we sell him it's because of his injuries mostly.

Gaudi

Yep, it looks club knows something is not right, but others do a medical check up before signing as well, so you can't really fool someone?

serghei

Yep, it looks club knows something is not right, but others do a medical check up before signing as well, so you can't really fool someone?

Well, for 50m. they should know something is not great in his knee. Otherwise he would clost upwards of 100m. We're basically selling at a 50% discount busted knee fee.

Havesaks

About this 50m rumors, imo: his knee is probably in a very bad state.

That means that his future at the highest level is a gamble:
1. he could heal and play at the highest level for 8-10 years
2. or he could turn into Vermaelen or Puyol from last years when he will have an injury after injury.
He will have a few good Months, then another minor knee, muscle or groin injury due to not playing.
Then he'll need a few weeks to return in form and then he'll get injured again.

So, to some extent:
Pique is injury free and he can play for 2-3 seasons more.
Lenglet is young and injury free and he can play for 10 years more.
De Light is young and injury free and he can play for 15 years.

So, relying on those 3 is not THAT bad.
Also, we can always buy a new CB when we'll need, since we have bought 3 different CBs in the last 3-4 summers (Umtiti, Lenglet, De Light).
Plus, we have tried with Mina, Marlon, Murillo, Todibo in between.

So, not only:
1. that we can buy someone like Lenglet in 2-3 years
2. but maybe one Todibo/Marlon experiment will work out one day and we'll get a cheap 4th Cb

Even if his knee is in a bad state, he would still be a class CB in our squad of 4. It would allow us to have a third wc cb. Thats pretty rare.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think he’ll stay another season at least unless it is the club pushing him out. Sure, knee injuries are always a gamble but he is too valuable and still has plenty of upside to sell in my book. He is 25 and is still another injury or two from being Verm. Give him at least another season to see what he has and let him and Lenglet battle it out for top spot, splitting the time 50/50. Lenglet has been immense this season and proved he is top class but personally, I still fancy Umtiti a little more.

I want de Ligt badly but not at the cost of Umtiti.

Home of Barca Fans