Samuel Umtiti

SeloBarca

If his injury is 100% healed and he become the preinjury Umtiti again, we should absolutly keep him. The best CB in the world before his injury.

gregorrin10

What the hell, why are we keen on selling him? Is his injury that bad? He is unstoppable when fully fit.

Because Fraudverde can't handle having to play 4 CBs regularly, since at least one of them has to play almost every game (Pique in defense, Raki in mid, Suarez in attack). Sad truth. An actual competent manager would handle all of Pique, Umtiti, De Ligt and Lenglet no problem. Having 2 great players competing for one starting spot should be the norm of world class teams, competing on all 3 fronts every season anyway.

Anyway, I really hope we can manage to keep Umtiti and get De Ligt too, send Todibo out for a loan, EV won't play him anyway. And in 2020, Valverde will hopefully be gone, and Pique will be ready to start thinking about retiring and giving his starting spot to De Ligt, if he plays and impresses enough in his first season. Actually I hope we manage to keep as much of the current team as possible until EV is gone (aside from a few selected like Rakitic, who we need to get rid of while we still can for a good price, and of course the fringe and on loan players like Vermaelen, Rafinha, Denis, Gomes to make room for FDJ and MDL, while still not sacrificing younger players, who could be great for us for years to come, like Umtiti, Alena, Malcom. We have the best squad depth in the last decade at least, a great manager would be doing wonders with this team, while not compromising the football in the process, like EV does.

Arizona Scott

If his injury is 100% healed and he become the preinjury Umtiti again, we should absolutly keep him. The best CB in the world before his injury.
Well in spring 2018 when manu flirting he wasnt close to the best cb in the world. It is possible the injury was before. I think he is very good but i think slightly overrated, can be a little overconfident with the ball on his feet, i would take 60-70 mil euro (def not Ks ;)

xXKonan

Well in spring 2018 when manu flirting he wasnt close to the best cb in the world. It is possible the injury was before. I think he is very good but i think slightly overrated, can be a little overconfident with the ball on his feet, i would take 60-70 mil euro (def not Ks ;)
He admitted his knee problems played a part in his bad form during that time period as well.

Barcilliant

Pre injury Umtiti was twice the player De Ligt is. Great anticipation, strong in the tackle, unbelievable passer and beast in the air. Calm as fuck and good speed too.

I think it's stupid just to sell him. Give him next season and we'll see how it pans out. Selling him now is jumping the gun.

Zidane82

Pre injury Umtiti was twice the player De Ligt is. Great anticipation, strong in the tackle, unbelievable passer and beast in the air. Calm as fuck and good speed too.

I think it's stupid just to sell him. Give him next season and we'll see how it pans out. Selling him now is jumping the gun.
How long ago was that though ??
Why is everyone so sure he will be even close to being the same player when he’s not had the advised surgery ?

Andresito

Staff member
Why would we sell him. Let them all fight for their spot.

We need t have some forward thinking. Soon Piqué is gone and if we sell Umtiti we'll have Lenglet, de Ligt and probably another version of Vermaelen/Murillo.

I don't see a problem in the short run with having 4 CBs. It's luxurious yes. But for the team in the long run, I think it's great.

And if there is a problem, it can always be solved next summer. No need to offload players beforehand because we think we have too much quality.

Porque

If we are considering letting Umtiti go it can only be because of serious concerns about his longterm knee health.

A midfield quartet of Umtiti, Lenglet, Pique, de Ligt is not much for three competitions.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Unless umtiti wants to leave, and for the right amount. Bayern just paid 85m for hernandez. 85m... If manu want umtiti let them break the bank, im tired of that polite approach of our board and selling players for peanuts. Anything below 80m for him is a steal, so barto you better prepare for a masterclass, only if big sam wants to leave.

BBZ8800

About this 50m rumors, imo: his knee is probably in a very bad state.

That means that his future at the highest level is a gamble:
1. he could heal and play at the highest level for 8-10 years
2. or he could turn into Vermaelen or Puyol from last years when he will have an injury after injury.
He will have a few good Months, then another minor knee, muscle or groin injury due to not playing.
Then he'll need a few weeks to return in form and then he'll get injured again.

So, to some extent:
Pique is injury free and he can play for 2-3 seasons more.
Lenglet is young and injury free and he can play for 10 years more.
De Light is young and injury free and he can play for 15 years.

So, relying on those 3 is not THAT bad.
Also, we can always buy a new CB when we'll need, since we have bought 3 different CBs in the last 3-4 summers (Umtiti, Lenglet, De Light).
Plus, we have tried with Mina, Marlon, Murillo, Todibo in between.

So, not only:
1. that we can buy someone like Lenglet in 2-3 years
2. but maybe one Todibo/Marlon experiment will work out one day and we'll get a cheap 4th Cb

Home of Barca Fans