• Rossi (25-30m)

Votes: 96 47.1%
  • Aguero (35-40m)

Votes: 85 41.7%
  • No preference

Votes: 23 11.3%

• Total voters

Richard.H

This move makes no sense really. We have Villa, Messi, Pedro, Afellay, Bojan, Jeffren, and Iniesta to cover up front. Bringing one of those two will do nothing but lower the confidence of Afellay and Bojan. What we need is to buy backups for midfield and backups for our defenders.

E

estranged

This move makes no sense really. We have Villa, Messi, Pedro, Afellay, Bojan, Jeffren, and Iniesta to cover up front. Bringing one of those two will do nothing but lower the confidence of Afellay and Bojan. What we need is to buy backups for midfield and backups for our defenders.

1. Iniesta and Afellay is not a forwards.
2. Jeffren and Bojan unfortunately just are not good enough right now and Bojan is too injury prone.
3. What if MVP got injured?
4. We need another forward not only in case of MVP injury, look at Villa and poor form in the 2nd half of the season, we definitely need someone to rotate.
5. And why do we need 'backup midfielders'? Maybe we could do with an extra defender (not necessarily, wehave Abidal, Masch, Puyol, Pique) but we don't really need midfielders.

Rossi for 25-30 is a decent buy.

adil_909

great post, people forget that afellay has only been here 6 months and bojan is just 20 and had a season full of injuries and long spells without any game time. give them time, they will shine. i would like another creative midfielder (not named cesc) in case xavi or iniesta get injured - keita does nothing for me. but i think our defense is solid, no signings needed there.

1. Iniesta and Afellay is not a forwards.
2. Jeffren and Bojan unfortunately just are not good enough right now and Bojan is too injury prone.
3. What if MVP got injured?
4. We need another forward not only in case of MVP injury, look at Villa and poor form in the 2nd half of the season, we definitely need someone to rotate.
5. And why do we need 'backup midfielders'? Maybe we could do with an extra defender (not necessarily, wehave Abidal, Masch, Puyol, Pique) but we don't really need midfielders.

Rossi for 25-30 is a decent buy.

1.) iniesta and afellay ARE forwards in the system we play because we don't play with any strikers - all our attacking mids are forwards in our system.
2.) they might not be good enough right now, but they'll get there if we stick with them and give them confidence. they aren't going to get better sitting on the bench are they?
3.) i think we have more than enough cover for messi, and honestly if he does get injured, neither rossi nor aguero would fill that hole. he's the best player in the world - nobody can fully replace him if he does get injured.
4.) villa bad form coincided with bojan's injury, otherwise bojan was starting to play well before he got injured and could have benched villa like he benched zlatan last year. the boy's got talent, we aren't going to help him grow if we keep signing superstar after superstar.

E

estranged

I don't buy this Bojan injury stuff, sorry. So many times this season pep gave him opportunities to play and prove himself but he disappointed every time, the quality of his game has gone down from last year and to put it bluntly right now he is simply not good enough for Barca, you all forget how much pep likes Bojan and pep is not one to lose faith easily but I'm sure even he knows now that Bojan is not Barca material, loan him for a few years let him mature then maybe.

And no, Afellay and Iniesta are not forwards in our system, if you think that then I don't know what to tell you, forward needs to be an opportunist (how to get in dangerous positions) and a great finisher too and Rossi has both of those characteristics, Rossi won't be filling in for Messi he will be rotating with Villa. I really think we need another striker/forward, everyone knows that, in the 2nd half of the season we were exposed for our lack of depth up front...people also seem to forget that Villa is turning 30.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Looks like Rossi is the most likely signing. I bet he comes to the team and starts scoring like mad....watch a few months from now everyone will be hailing Rossi. It's just a feeling >_>...
wish we were going to get Kun though T_T

Chainsaw

Killahead
Looks like Rossi is the most likely signing. I bet he comes to the team and starts scoring like mad....watch a few months from now everyone will be hailing Rossi. It's just a feeling >_>...
wish we were going to get Kun though T_T

Rossi WAS the most likely signing. Now it seems Barca simply don't think he worth the price that Villareal demands. Now it's Sanchez turn.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Meh I highly doubt it. Theres just been so much talk about Rossi. Even from our players. His team are all saying that he wants to go and all that...and he looked like our first target anyways. I think everyone wants the deal really. Pretty sure it's going to happen.
Sanchez would be awesome to I guess....but idk....I just have a better feeling about Rossi on our team.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Not everyone wants this deal. I don't rate Rossi as much as you do. To me he's a good 15-20m striker. Not that all-of-a-sudden great player that some people assume. Besides, players talking about a deal won't make that deal happens. If that was the case then Fabregas had to be here 2 years ago. To me Rossi is a good player to be a back up or to rotate. But I don't count on him to turn into greatness in Barca. I would rather have Aguero or Sanchez.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Of course talking about it means nothing. But it shows me that he will be willing to negotiate. I don't think he will find greatness or anything at Barca because it's pretty hard to shine here. But I am pretty sure whenever he comes on he will make an impact. I just don't see him wasting his chance to play for Barca. Sanchez has amazing skills....but for some reason I don't really care for him idk why =/. Kun is my favorite out of the three and the best. But im pretty sure that it's been established we won't be in any more talks with him. The problem with him to is that he's already a big player. I think overall Rossi will be able to adapt to his back up roll much better and will work hard for the team.

P

Pinoy_Cules

To echo estranged,

I think only Bojan and Jeffren are the only forwards on our bench. Bojan badly needs time on the first XI that Barca can't give him. I'm pretty sure that Bojan is a good player. However, Barca don't have the time to wait for him to mature. Next year, we will have Real Madrid breathing on our necks for La Liga. If we want to repeat winning La Liga and the CL, we have to get another world class striker. We were fortunate to sew up the league with at least 2 games to spare. If it came down to playing the last game of the season to win the league, our forwards will be exhausted and our chances to win the CL less likely.

We have seen how much difference more rest was on Villa. After a long dry spell, he broke it with one of the best looking CL finals goals.

I think Jeffren is too injury prone. He's suffered more injuries that any of our front 3 and he's a guy on the bench. You can't rely on a substitute forward that gets more injured than your regulars.:banghead:

adil_909

And no, Afellay and Iniesta are not forwards in our system, if you think that then I don't know what to tell you, forward needs to be an opportunist (how to get in dangerous positions) and a great finisher too and Rossi has both of those characteristics, Rossi won't be filling in for Messi he will be rotating with Villa. I really think we need another striker/forward, everyone knows that, in the 2nd half of the season we were exposed for our lack of depth up front...people also seem to forget that Villa is turning 30.

have you watched any of our games? we don't play with a striker. our "strikers" are floating around all over the pitch. and rossi cannot fill for villa because again villa and rossi are very different players. villa floats around and links well with the rest of the team, and bojan does that well too. rossi will want things played through him and that's not the barca way. it simply won't work.

and as for people demanding that this season was not good enough, we were "exposed" in the second half....well if we did so poorly how did we win la liga and champions league and in the process embarrass the two other best teams in the world 5-0 and 3-1? this team is already phenomenal, and now is the time where we prove our identity by giving our players a chance instead of going out and shopping like madridistas. bojan is the future, he's waited patiently for his opportunity and we cannot discard him like this. he deserves a shot at extended playing time like pedro has received, and if he gets that, i'm confident he'll produce the goods. however, if we continue signing superstars, then there is little hope for bojan at barca, and that would be a shame. your claims of "omg we need a striker our second half of the season sucked" would carry more weight if the world wasn't bowing down and kissing our feet right now at how great of a team we are, so spare me your desperate cries of "we need x, y, z player"

E

estranged

have you watched any of our games?
No I obviously have not.
we don't play with a striker. our "strikers" are floating around all over the pitch. and rossi cannot fill for villa because again villa and rossi are very different players. villa floats around and links well with the rest of the team, and bojan does that well too. rossi will want things played through him and that's not the barca way. it simply won't work.
No we don't play with a striker in the full sense of the word, but the concept of forwards still holds true in any team including ours, with your logic then all of the forwards and midfielders in our team should have an equal goal tally, but why don't they?

if we did so poorly how did we win la liga and champions league and in the process embarrass the two other best teams in the world 5-0 and 3-1?
That's such a simplistic argument :lol: Who said we did poorly or were not good enough?? But yes in a few domestic games we were exposed up front (vs Sevilla, Gijon away), if Pedro or Messi had a Puyol type injury then what would we have done? Played Afellay as a striker? :lol: Bojan got numerous chances this season but he showed that he is not ready yet, I like him a lot but he needs some regular football first and he can't get that at Barca right now.
this team is already phenomenal, and now is the time where we prove our identity by giving our players a chance instead of going out and shopping like madridistas. bojan is the future, he's waited patiently for his opportunity and we cannot discard him like this. he deserves a shot at extended playing time like pedro has received, and if he gets that, i'm confident he'll produce the goods.
Again what are you talking about? What Madid type signings? And prove what identity? The whole world has learnt the Barca identity and philosophy. The identity you are talking about is giving players who have constantly underperformed a second chance, no I don't want any of that identity attached to my club thank you. Was it just me or Bojan was given lots of chances this season (Mallorca/Hercules/Sevilla etc) but just didn't perform? Pedro is very different Pedro impressed as soon as he was given regular time and he improved by every game and made himself a regular starter by the start of the 09/10 season/. Bojan on the other hand seems to have gotten worse compared to last season
however, if we continue signing superstars, then there is little hope for bojan at barca, and that would be a shame.
Well unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a future for Bojan at a team like Barca right now. Superstars? Well Rossi and Sanchez are not exactly huge superstar signings, both are very hard working and great players.
your claims of "omg we need a striker our second half of the season sucked" would carry more weight if the world wasn't bowing down and kissing our feet right now at how great of a team we are, so spare me your desperate cries of "we need x, y, z player"
I answered this 3/4 times already, but here I'll say it again. We were lucky that MVP didn't get injured, Villa is reaching 30 years of age...Tell that to Pep, he also seems to think we need a striker. Any Barca fan who understands a thing or 2 would have told you we need an extra forward...we have little depth in attack.

As someone already mentioned if we want to repeat this double we need reinforcements, thank god that Pep and the Barca management don't see things your way :)
You can't win the CL and Liga beating a team like Real Madrid coached by Mourinho and hope to repeat this feat a year later without making any reinforcements to the squad. Anyone with half a brain could see towards the end of the season that we were lacking depth up front. Villa is approaching 30 year of age now and we can not assume that next season nobody will get injured or have a bad run of form and Bojan/Jeffren are simply not good enough to start week in week out...and knowing Bojan he will probably get injured again.

Also I find it funny that you of all people are talking about team values and loyalty, you were saying Pep should kick Busquets (one of our best players of the season) out of the squad before the final but he turned out to be one of the best players on the pitch :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I think we need another striker for sure. Jeffren and Bojan don't cut it right now. I want Bojan to succeed at the club but right now we can't rely on him. We need other top class strikers on our bench so we can keep up rotations while not giving up quality. Keeps the font line fresh and we need that. And Rossi will fit into our play for sure. He doesnt need things played through to him. If you watched the Italy game he played in a Messi type position and did great. He is a good team player and that's important.

Home of Barca Fans