Romelu Lukaku

Zincubus

Banned
Lukaku to United is official now. 75+15+Rooney. That is pounds that too. Probably the most expensive player. He is hardly worth 60M. Crazy market. We can't compete with these clubs anymore.

Is it really official ??

TalkSport just minutes ago said that United had confirmed that they had agreed a price with Everton BUT were yet to agree terms with the player and agent ....

Arkk

Even for the PL madness on transfer fees this one takes the cake. Lukaku for £90million :lol: :lol: :lol: the guy is a clumsy oaf i can't believe they are spending near enough Pogba money for him :shakeshead: United could do so much better, Auba is available, cheaper and miles better and then theres Lacazette huge bargain for Arsenal in the current window

I respect United alot and i like seeing them back in the CL but players like Lukaku, Perisic etc.. Mourinho seems to be losing the plot.

El Flaco

Well, Lukaku scored 25 EPL goals for Everton last season and ended up 2nd place behind Harry Kane (29 EPL goals) among top scorers.

Martindn

Kane had 5 penalties as well, although he played less minutes. But apparently describing one of his main attributes as finishing is going a bit too far.

El Flaco

Kane had 5 penalties as well, although he played less minutes. But apparently describing one of his main attributes as finishing is going a bit too far.

You could also argue that Lukaku's service at Everton can't really be compared with the service Kane gets at Tottenham.

Sorin

OTOH 13 of his goals were scored in 5 games against bottom table clubs.

Decent player but nothing to brag about.

I'd be livid if we needed a striker and all we could do is Lukaku for 90 million.

Jenks

You could also argue that Lukaku's service at Everton can't really be compared with the service Kane gets at Tottenham.

True, it's still quite a big disparity though. Kane scored every 83 minutes in the Premier League, Lukaku scored every 131 minutes.

Falcao

Even for the PL madness on transfer fees this one takes the cake. Lukaku for £90million :lol: :lol: :lol: the guy is a clumsy oaf i can't believe they are spending near enough Pogba money for him :shakeshead: United could do so much better, Auba is available, cheaper and miles better and then theres Lacazette huge bargain for Arsenal in the current window

I respect United alot and i like seeing them back in the CL but players like Lukaku, Perisic etc.. Mourinho seems to be losing the plot.
Lacazette isn't even better then Giroud and Wenger preferring to go for Vardy last summer tells you all you need to know. There is something missing with Aubameyang and I reckon he that wouldn't be as dazzling outside of the Dortmund system, it's curious that no big club is moving for him this summer.

Lukaku is a physical beast that almost certainly guarantees goals in the PL and at 24 still has time for improvement.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's a great signing for man utd for sure. Although he'll never be at the level of Ibra or Drogba in their pomp, he scores goals and that is what they need.

I do question his mental strength though - which is why I don't think he'll ever reach the level of Drogba. That plus his work rate is also questionable. However he gets 20 goals a season, so for me its a no brainer for man utd they need him and his goals.

serghei

It's a great signing for man utd for sure. Although he'll never be at the level of Ibra or Drogba in their pomp, he scores goals and that is what they need.

I do question his mental strength though - which is why I don't think he'll ever reach the level of Drogba. That plus his work rate is also questionable. However he gets 20 goals a season, so for me its a no brainer for man utd they need him and his goals.

Drogba was an absolute beast. Was a one man attack at times. It's a tall order for any physical striker to compare with him. I agree with your comment though. Good transfer. Lukakus is quite technical for a player of his stature.

Mitchell1978

I think his mental toughness and work rate are some of Lukaku's assets, he's always looking for ways to improve.
That being said he has limits, if he plays on a dominant team that face teams who sit back and don't leave any space he could have some problems.

Martindn

OTOH 13 of his goals were scored in 5 games against bottom table clubs.

Decent player but nothing to brag about.

To be fair the bottom clubs is where we struggled. So if he is banging in braces and hatricks there then by all means continue to be a flat track bully.

He didn't do any worse than other top strikers in the league vs the bigger teams at any rate. This is over the last two seasons though not just last year. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEQ0u0oVwAEYdiQ.jpg

Home of Barca Fans