Rodrygo

Morten

He is a good player, no doubt, and he is versatile enough to work okay at RW or as a second striker, but i do think we will sell him at some point, because he will want to play in his original position, i think.

soul24rage

He is a good player, no doubt, and he is versatile enough to work okay at RW or as a second striker, but i do think we will sell him at some point, because he will want to play in his original position, i think.
What is his original position? LW as Vini Jr.?

Morten

What is his original position? LW as Vini Jr.?

Yes.

If Rodrygo is fine with playing RW or SS, i have no doubt the club will keep him, but i'm thinking he will want to play where he is natural at, and i don't think he will win out against Vinicius in that position.

Also, we depend too much on our left flank as it is, i think we will like to upgrade to a natural RW/RF as to take the burden of Vinicius, and then, where does that leave Rodrygo?

He is a talented and versatile player, but ultimately, and unfortunately, i'm not sure he can secure a starting position on the right, so we might have to sell him.

El Gato

Villarato!
He'll be fine CF if gets the time to play it

Stay the same otherwise

Both Brazillians would really benefit an out and out RW who can have a go like Asensio but that finds way into the box on the regular
Maybe Salah on 3-4 year deal if Liverpool dont want buckets of money to get rid of him

Morten

He'll be fine CF if gets the time to play it

Stay the same otherwise

Both Brazillians would really benefit an out and out RW who can have a go like Asensio but that finds way into the box on the regular
Maybe Salah on 3-4 year deal if Liverpool dont want buckets of money to get rid of him

He is not a natural CF though, is he?

Have seen him there, his link-up is alright, but don't feel he gets at the end of too many chances when he starts at CF, i think he is best out wide.

El Gato

Villarato!
He is not a natural CF though, is he?

Have seen him there, his link-up is alright, but don't feel he gets at the end of too many chances when he starts at CF, i think he is best out wide.
Yes but doesnt matter where he's best
He'll never play where he's best. So better for us and for him to play where he's second best, and that's at CF
He's an impact player anyhow. Dont think he'll be starting within 2 seasons unless it's at CF

If we're doubling down on Vini, there is no variation where he plays with Rodry and we dont require a player that does better with ball at their feet from RW

Morten

Yes but doesnt matter where he's best
He'll never play where he's best. So better for us and for him to play where he's second best, and that's at CF
He's an impact player anyhow. Dont think he'll be starting within 2 seasons unless it's at CF

If we're doubling down on Vini, there is no variation where he plays with Rodry and we dont require a player that does better with ball at their feet from RW

If he has bigger ambitions, this is sort of an admission he won't stay here for long.

Benzema, despite being old and declining, will likely start most matches first half of next season, if not more, can imagine Rodrygo getting tired of it by November/december and look for a way out, and that is if we don't buy a back-up for Benzema.

Heck, we might buy someone like Joselu, another old, but less talented striker than Benzema, we might have to sell Rodrygo cause we insist on playing a couple of oldies at CF next season, not unthinkable.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's not his bigger ambitions though, he's probably happy to play wherever and be part of the club in any way

If we choose to stick with Benz and Vini, make everything still go through Vini, hoping Rodrygo finishes more than 6 chances a season, Ancelotti will probably be scapegoated by December. I'd say it's rather inevitable. Benz might not get hurt as often, but I dont see him improving by more than 5 goals on top of current tally and that's a horrendous total for a striker that sulks whenever playing from the bench

We needed a skilled RW ever since Di Maria left and were only fine because CR-Benzema worked for 1 year (even then we lost the league in November)
Every season since we didnt even break 80 goals barrier, let alone score enough goals from open play

If we still only get Joselu as insurance and use someone like Vazquez or Fede at RW when Rodrygo isnt there, we won't improve
Neither will defenders really

BJJ

Two fantastic goals and noone cares.
It's a good thing he went to Madrid. At Barca his talent would go to waste.

Morten

Absolute clutch and quality player.

Perez will push him aside for the french diva next year though, i wish him luck when he decides to leave.

Home of Barca Fans