Rodrygo

ajnotkeith

This season? no, last seasons, 2 out of 3 La Liga titles.
The only one I see being a permanent fixture at Madrid is Vinicius, he is good enough in all aspects of the game, but Benzema is just about finished physically and Rodrygo is too limited despite being very clutch.

Also when Ancelotti leaves they will look a lot worse, his impact is understated, he is amazing with attackers and brought Vini and Benz to world class level.

serghei

The only one I see being a permanent fixture at Madrid is Vinicius, he is good enough in all aspects of the game, but Benzema is just about finished physically and Rodrygo is too limited despite being very clutch.

Also when Ancelotti leaves they will look a lot worse, his impact is understated, he is amazing with attackers and brought Vini and Benz to world class level.

Benzema is old, but still better than Lewa, also old but less clutch obviously. Vinicius is probably best winger in the world, since Mbappe thinks more about money than being a decisive player at the top.

Doubt Dembele could play in Madrid either since he is a crappier Vini, so they wouldn't ever run the game through him like we do.

Their front 3 is simply different level to ours. No Barca player starts for Madrid up front. Quite clear for anyone to see. Funny enough, raphinha could be the closest to doing that :lol:. But not because he is superb but because he complements Vinicius better than Dembele by far.

JamDav1982

Viniscus is not better than Mbappe and certainly not even close if Real go out to City.

Mbappe will win the league and was second best player at WC scoring a hat trick in final.

If Vini and Real dont get past City it is a stat paddinf season for him and average world cup.

ajnotkeith

Benzema is old, but still better than Lewa, also old but less clutch obviously. Vinicius is probably best winger in the world, since Mbappe thinks more about money than being a decisive player at the top.

Doubt Dembele could play in Madrid either since he is a crappier Vini, so they wouldn't ever run the game through him like we do.

Their front 3 is simply different level to ours.
Benzema is definitely better but physically he is much less than even Lewa at this point, so they have to replace him now, despite how good he still is, he can't cope with a starting season anymore.

He has missed like half the games this season only with muscular fatigue or knocks, not even proper injuries. Guy has to charge up the tank for a UCL game.

Dembele and Vini for me are very different players, they don't have a lot in common other than being fast and black. You're right that he would be worse at Madrid because the system is different, a lot of short combinations, one twos, through balls, and box finishes, so completely out of Dembele's wheelhouse, but Vini would equally be worse here. He is a lot worse without teammates to associate with and our right flank is usually just an island.

serghei

Vinicius would be much better than Dembele for us, becuase he is a much superior player.

In all levels, goals (lol, Dembele gets like 4-5 goals a season in the league on average), assists, being fit more, being more clutch in big games, everything on the map. Vinicius is better than Dembele at everything.

Barca compensated this season, and beat Madrid in the league, on defensive stability, CBs performance, and simply having a manager that got the players to perform consistently, while Madrid form was on and off.

jamrock

Nah Vini would be class here as well, he's just a straight up work class player.

A player than can beat his defender almost at will, does well anywhere.

Does has 20 & 20 in all comps the last two seasons.

Dembele can only dream of that.

JamDav1982

Keep repeating 'clutch in big games' when he has had 7 games v the two teams above Real currently in league and scored/assisted in one of them this season.

CL played and off form Liverpool so far.

Fair play if he does it v City but if doesnt and go out that is the better/bigger games this season by and large been ineffective.

Can add the World Cup to lack of 'clutch' games this season also.

ajnotkeith

Nah Vini would be class here as well, he's just a straight up work class player.

A player than can beat his defender almost at will, does well anywhere.

Does has 20 & 20 in all comps the last two seasons.

Dembele can only dream of that.
I associate this line more with Dembele than Vinicius.

Vinicius loses 1v1 situations very frequently in games and his dribbling skills are not that unique, not much flair and often just kick and run. (Look at him vs Araujo for reference). He is much more skilled than Dembele elsewhere such as game smarts, association with teammates, finishing, etc.

Dembele is the one who can beat any fullback in the world but after he does that doesn't make the right decision or has issues with the final action. Go watch him vs Davies. There's not many out there that can beat him consistently in 1v1 situations. Wish we saw him against Wan Bissaka who is really good defensively.

jamrock

Who scored the winning goal in the CL final again? Was that Vini Jr?

Who scored two massive goals in the CL SF again? Was that rodrygo?.

Who has multiple great performances in the CL last season & this again? Vini Jr ?

JamDav1982

Vini was poor/average at WC and subbed early as eliminated v Croatia.
Scored/assisted in 1 game out of 7 v Atleti/Barca.

If they go out to City claiming he has been clutch in biggest games this season is nonsense.

jamrock

I associate this line more with Dembele than Vinicius.

Vinicius loses 1v1 situations very frequently in games and his dribbling skills are not that unique, not much flair and often just kick and run. (Look at him vs Araujo for reference). He is much more skilled than Dembele elsewhere such as game smarts, association with teammates, finishing, etc.

Dembele is the one who can beat any fullback in the world but after he does that doesn't make the right decision or has issues with the final action. Go watch him vs Davies. There's not many out there that can beat him consistently in 1v1 situations. Wish we saw him against Wan Bissaka who is really good defensively.

I don't know what their dribble stats are, but I'd be surprised if Dembele is ahead of Vini Jr, by a large margin if at all.

Their style is different, but different doesn't mean deficient, which is obvious is this case, as Vini Jr is able to turn his dribbling style into end product more consistently than Dembele

serghei

I don't know what their dribble stats are, but I'd be surprised if Dembele is ahead of Vini Jr, by a large margin if at all.

He can't be ahead in big games, because Dembele rarely plays them. It's a mathematical certainty. I'm not talking about dribbling vs some Elche defender here lol. :lol:

ajnotkeith

Dembele vs Vinicius is a silly argument and a massive time-waster of an argument.
To you, maybe, because you will never say any of our players are world class no matter what they do or if they are rated by other fans/clubs.

Vinicius is better than Dembele, he's just much more refined and developed, agreed, but saying Dembele is some kind of non asset like you were making out above is equally nonsense when he was outshining him in the first part of the season.

You forget about it because he got injured and we haven't seen him for a while, so you can start revising history again and making out like he wasn't our best player before injury.

serghei

To you, maybe, because you will never say any of our players are world class no matter what they do or if they are rated by other fans/clubs.

I do say it about De Jong. Not my fault the club is an EL level club atm. Let's see them in CL playing advanced stages and then we can talk about being world class. That's how it goes.

You can't be world class if you do nothing in CL, and even have mediocre numbers in the league.

Home of Barca Fans