Rodrygo

JamDav1982

Usual from these lads.

Cry about how much Barca miss Dembele v United then when the argument is v Vini the narrative turns to Dembele being a nothing player in big games.

Mental gymnastics as ever.

JamDav1982

I do say it about De Jong. Not my fault the club is an EL level club atm.

To be fair you do on Frenkie and for that I am eternally grateful.

But no the team is not EL and is better squad than two ot the current semi finalsts of CL and has a winning record v one of the others while double digits ahead in the league of Real.

To have better squads and be beating domestically 3 of the 4 CL semi finalists does not point to Barca being a EL side.

serghei

The good part is that the young players we have and Xavi himself can prove themselves in the next seasons in CL. Play vs City, Bayern, other EPL teams, vs PSG etc. and be decisive in knocking them out.

Like Madrid players did.

JamDav1982

Of the CL QFs I would put Barca as favs v Inter/Milan/Napoli/Benfica/Port/Chelsea.

With Real 50/50 can say.. they have better CL record Barca have better record domestically and those games/pressure/tactics wont change massively as CL.

City would have as favs over Barca even then Barca could beat them and Araujo could be best placed CB in world to try and limit Haaland etc.

Barca should expect to do a lot better in CL and get to QFs from there it comes down to avoiding City as the one clear fav but clear fav doesnt mean will lose to them either as anything can happen.

serghei

You are delusional. :lol:

Simply undervalue experience like a novice.

Gavi, Balde, Pedri, Araujo, Kounde, Dembele, raphinha, Torres...

These guys have no big title in their careers to date. Dembele has a few as a bench player, back when Messi and Suarez scored 60 games a season together. :lol:

Christensen also has a CL as a bench player at Chelsea.

JamDav1982

Nah as usual you are clueless as were when called the squad this season as having no chance for league title in years as 'lacked experience' and I was right.

Barca have plenty of 'exeprience'.

Still a terrible argument.

More experience of winning CL and other major triophies than Inter, Milan and probably even City.... stop repeating these lame arguments.

Again clueless... Christensen started 3 of the 4 QF and Semi games for Chelsea and majority of final. He was a starter and also an important player in CL for majortity of games since Tuchel got the job.

Kounde winning EL not a 'major title'?

Dembele winning La Liga not a major title?

Ferran winning EPL not a major title?

Amazing Haaland can have such an impact when lacks this oh so important 'experience'

Try again.

Messi has 'experience' yet you claim he is a 'negative' that makes teams worse in CL and will add nothing in league bar goals v fodder.

As ever you cant even keep up with your own nonsense.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

I do say it about De Jong. Not my fault the club is an EL level club atm. Let's see them in CL playing advanced stages and then we can talk about being world class. That's how it goes.

You can't be world class if you do nothing in CL, and even have mediocre numbers in the league.

You are delusional. :lol:

Simply undervalue experience like a novice.

Gavi, Balde, Pedri, Araujo, Kounde, Dembele, raphinha, Torres...

These guys have no big title in their careers to date. Dembele has a few as a bench player, back when Messi and Suarez scored 60 games a season together. :lol:

Christensen also has a CL as a bench player at Chelsea.
Remember these two posts : New Serghei criteria.

1. You can only be world class if you performed in advanced stages of CL.

2. Players aren't good unless they have won major titles in their career.

Come to think of it, it's like those literally apply to zero of the Man U squad, yet, apparently, they have a much better team.

Hmmmmmmm.

JamDav1982

City should not even try to win CL.

Have less CL winners than Barca even let alone Real.

Impossible task.

'Experience'

The 'experience' idea is what has contributed to so many of Barcas poor decisions in past and not one top clubs live by or put too much emphasis on ahead of ability.

Morten

Viniscus is not better than Mbappe and certainly not even close if Real go out to City.

Mbappe will win the league and was second best player at WC scoring a hat trick in final.

If Vini and Real dont get past City it is a stat paddinf season for him and average world cup.

What does it matter if Mbappe is "better", when he only plays about a handful of serious matches each season at club level?

Yeah, he has International football, and he is great there, but at club level he is sort of irrelevant, please, don't tell me you think league titles with PSG means something.

Last edited:

jamrock

Having a very solid end to the season, good season overall.

To think he prefers to play on the left or striker and is stuck on the right.

Credit to him, really like this player, he's gonna explode if he leaves Madrid

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca had agreement with him, he chose Real.

Also had an agreement with Vinicius Jr.

Never had an agreement with Santos or Flamengo though which was always the issue. Always tried to negotiate or handle these matters through intermediaries instead of negotiating directly as well.

In another universe we'd probably have signed both of them if we had semi-competent leadership at the club back then.

Home of Barca Fans