Realistic Starting 11 (Realistic)

malvolio

Disagree, that team should finish comfortable top 3 in La Liga and get to KO stages of a new CL format.
Top 3 in LL is a given. When is the last time the top 3 wasn't Barca/Madrid/Atletico?

KO stages of the new format, maybe.

Messi983

Will probably happen this year.

Anyway I think that team with a good coach would do better than expected. But these would be my minimal expectations.

ajnotkeith

Started out with you saying top 5/6, now it's been bumped to 4/5, interesting. Ok go through PSG squad player for player and compare it to ours, then tell me which squad is better. Our squad isn't great, just the competition isn't that high right now.

Expectation on new manager depends on this transfer window, if they have to sell players and sign basically no one then I expect top 3 in league, copa del rey run where early knock out only happens if we face real madrid (not an embarassing 4-0 at home like Xavi got us before), and get through ucl group. We should be able to stamp authority on games where our team is clearly the superior team. A clear style of play with some level of passing/attacking patterns not just give it to RW/LW and hope they cross it to Lewa's head.
He will say Mbappe is worth more than our entire squad alone, then simultaenously argue that Madrid with Mbappe and Bellingham + compared to 21/22 is not a big difference, Mbappe wont improve them much, and new manager should have the same expectations as that.

soul24rage

In

De Roon (free) - 2 year contract
Dimitrievski (free)
Hermoso (free)
Fati (loan)
Julian Araujo (loan)

Out - I'm just going to assume all the folks who don't have their contract ending this summer will stay.

Sergi Roberto
Marcos Alonso
Joao Felix
Joao Cancelo
Riad (Send on loan to Betis again, if possible)

Squad of 24/25
GK: MATS, Dimitrievski

RB: Kounde, J. Araujo
RCB: Araujo, Hermoso
LCB: Cubarsi, Inigo
LB: Balde, Fort

CDM: Christensen, De Roon, Romeu
CM: FDJ, Gavi, Pedri
CAM: Gundogan, Fermin

RW: Yamal, Torres
CF: Lewy, Roque, Guiu
LW: Raphinha, Fati

Hopefully by summer 2025, our financial situation is better and we can do some serious investment in the squad.

Last edited:

JohnN

if we can offload Lewandowski, Frankie, of course Romeu and just sign a dm with the cash and promote some b guys I would be OK.

Home of Barca Fans