Raphael Varane

Beast

The Observer
As i said after the first leg , his game would make Maldini proud ..had Messi in his pocket one more time in Camp Nou

and topped it with his back to back goals in Barcelona....

Varane should easily win young player of the year award... what a gift from Zidane and what a player

Theconomist

Varane is going to be a pain in the ass for Barca for a very long time.
If he keeps growing the way he is then there's no doubt in my mind he'll be something very special in a few years.

Arachnid

As i said after the first leg , his game would make Maldini proud ..had Messi in his pocket one more time in Camp Nou

Varane should easily win young player of the year award... what a gift from Zidane and what a player

And we went and signed Song because Zubi for some strange unfathomable reason thought he would make a good CB.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Containing Messi was not a one man job so no he didnt have Messi in his pocket by himself, although he is a young talent no doubt and had a good match, let's not push it, if he had to contain Messi, even a Messi that was not on his usual destroyer mode, by himself alone the whole match he would be reduced to tears.

Last edited:

SEvolution

Containing Messi was not a one man job so no he didnt have Messi in his pocket by himself, although he is a young talent no doubt and had a good match, let's not push it, if he had to contain Messi, even a Messi that was not on his usual destroyer mode, by himself alone the whole match he would be reduced to tears.

Pretty much this.

Doobs

The Messiah

Came to say the same thing, you couldn't have said it better so +1

ivan22

I just can't hate this guy...he is a true professional and I loved how he celebrated his goal. There...I said it...

Maybe it's because I'm half french and Varane = byebye Mexes!

yes, that must be it! :lol:

Beast

The Observer

Actually for Varane it is & it was.. look no further than the first copa clasico to demonstrate the "ON HIS OWN" with make shift defence around him

...Varane has Messi number .. as much as Messi brilliance , Varane owned him twice in one month limiting him to brief camera appearance

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Actually for Varane it is & it was.. look no further than the first copa clasico to demonstrate the "ON HIS OWN" with make shift defence around him

...Varane has Messi number .. as much as Messi brilliance , Varane owned him twice in one month limiting him to brief camera appearance
Varane can't constantly stop a player like Messi ;).

GiantKiller

Make shift defence =/= On his own. :O

Clockwise

Buccaneer

Messi always had 3 or 4 players on him so no, He didnt really do a one man job and although the defense may not have been the most preferred, he was still surrounded by top defenders and the thing that made the messi nullification seem much easier than it really is, was that the Barcelona side failed miserably in stretching the Madrid defense to create even an ounce of space for him. Leo had too much on his plate and without support.

any cule will not stop any madrid fans in believing Varane can stop Messi alone, there is no doubt he is a great talent, but if they want to believe stuff like that they are in for some disappointment in future.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Messi always had 3 or 4 players on him so no, He didnt really do a one man job and although the defense may not have been the most preferred, he was still surrounded by top defenders and the thing that made the messi nullification seem much easier than it really is, was that the Barcelona side failed miserably in stretching the Madrid defense to create even an ounce of space for him. Leo had too much on his plate and without support.

Check the first leg :)

hellsangel1

There was an entire cage of players around Messi most of the time . By your reckoning did Mexes or Cahill or Ambrosini had Messi in his pocket??? It;s just just an incorrect statement but I guess after the Copa win at Camp Nou, the Madrid fans who have been suffering for much of this season are allowed some exuberance.

Beast

The Observer
There was an entire cage of players around Messi most of the time . By your reckoning did Mexes or Cahill or Ambrosini had Messi in his pocket??? It;s just just an incorrect statement but I guess after the Copa win at Camp Nou, the Madrid fans who have been suffering for much of this season are allowed some exuberance.

Oh you are comparing 19 year old Varane with Essien as a RB and Old man Ricardo with 30 year old Mexes & Milan first choice defence ? ... great for the boy ...
I guess after the worst Clasico defeat in Camp Nou in 50 years you have little to hold on to ;)

I guess Messi never got over that our kid had him in his pocket.. he missed today's training session

Home of Barca Fans