Raphael Varane

Sergio

Sergison
Real press is exagerating this thing too much. Ok, the lad did a great job but they are focusing on him too much. I think he is too young yet and maybe all this pressure on him may be not good.
Exaggerating? I don't know where you have been, but maybe you missed the news that this 1 game has made Varane the 'new Maldini'.

FiReFTW

This guy would be so perfect for our CB spot... he is good in the air ( something we really need defending corners and set pieces ), he is composed, has good defensive attributes and most importantly he is fast as lightning ( another good thing for us since we play high up the pitch alot ). Why couldn't we get this guy? :\

SEvolution

One game? and Maldini

I'll see if this guy can perform at that level consistently while playing a season as a starter for Real.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Today Real winged press:

33xbzhz.jpg

2uzoz9c.jpg

BTW, there's a syntactic mistake in the second front cover. Where it can be read: "... los tiempos y cabeceé fuerte" should be "... los tiempos y cabeceé fuertemente". Fuerte (strong) is an adjective and never complements a verb (cabecear [to head] in this case).

Yugi

the hype is strong on this one, he had a good clasico though
remember young Pique scoring his wonder goal vs Madrid in Bernabeu in 2009?

oh and to all the haters saying he is no Maldini....Maldini 5 CL, Real Madrid 9 CL, therefore Varane > Maldini

Tezemery

I cant remember this much hype about a player from one game, you think he just won the champions league, he had a good game in one leg of the copa del rey at home which they drew.

Sergio

Sergison
Because, you know, Varane contributed hugely to all 9 of those CL titles.
No, I see what you have done there is confused Raphael Varane With General Francisco Franco. No Madridistas aren't ones to overrate as you can see here. No for now Varane is not quite that level of club hero, for now he will just have to make do with being the same as Maldini. Then if he works really hard and maybe flukes a headed gol off a corner we can say he is the new Gert Muller.

Real press is exagerating this thing too much. Ok, the lad did a great job but they are focusing on him too much. I think he is too young yet and maybe all this pressure on him may be not good.

Yeah a great game for a youngster but I hate how they make like he is already one of the worlds best and also how they make it sound like he stopped Messi all by himself

Home of Barca Fans