Pep Guardiola

joisse

I didn't know which section to put this in but he certainly has had a long history with Barca and just made history again.

Catalan legend.
He started as a ball boy at Barcelona, played in the side that won the Champions League in 1992, and achieved a historic treble in his rookie season. He’s overseen just 13 games in the Champions League and last night became the youngest manager to win it, defeating a veteran tactician and the most successful manager in British football history. Now he's won it as a player and a manager. He deserves a statue or a holiday in his honor. Could do it again too, he's only 38.
A toast to many more epic years with Pep!
:pep:

Iniesta

Am speaking to a fellow barca fan on another football website(for my australian team) and he said this to me

"according to our co-fan Craig Foster(He is a the chief football Analyst for tv station in australia) the Spanish FA had been predicting Guardiola was going to be something special after he had delivered some extraordinary work as part of his exam for them."

Has anyone heard of this? If so i would love to find out more info!

joisse

The away kit design is quite classic. I like the design, but not the color. this is kinda of a peachy pink color. which is gay in every sense of the word. it's like a color u paint your daughter's bedroom wall with. how are opposition teams supposed to fear us when we look like giant peaches on the pitch!
Damn nike.

aRegularAce

What a year it has been for pep. I can still remember his appointment and many were questening if he was the right man for the job. Pep didn’t promise us trophies but told us to fasten our seatbelts because this was going to be one hell of a ride.

Pep had new fresh ideas we all liked, but the main question was; would he be able to realise his ideas? He brought in new players who were hungry for success and sold players who didn’t fit. The preseason showed glimpse of what we could expect.

And so the season officially started and the very first game we ended up losing and the second game we only managed to draw. I noticed a little panic among the cules and many were yelling “this team hasn’t changed, it’s still sh*t like last year”. Only the legend himself, Cruyff, was claiming those two games were our best games in a long time and the results would eventually come. Everybody thought he was on to something and he had lost it.

But when the pressure was high the players showed heart and character. After the first two rounds the team managed to win nine consecutive league wins and qualified without much problem for the second round of the CL. The draw against Getafe ended our winning streak and we approached the moment of truth; the death run(Sevilla, Valencia, R.Madrid and Villarreal). Everybody was wondering if we could maintain our form in this run…. And o yes we did. Not only we won them all, but we also did it in style. We scored 11 goals, conceded only 1 and had a 12 point advantage on Nr.2 R.Madrid.

The team was on fire; breaking records, scoring goals for fun, best defensive records, entertaining people. People were wondering if this was the best team in history. Pep and the players quickly dismissed this nonsense and said in order to become the greatest you have to win trophies.

January and the first half month of February wasn’t too difficult for us. The team won (almost) every game and only drew once. But it was impossible to maintain this form during the whole season. Sooner or later the team would drop points. And so it happened, we didn’t win a game in almost a month. (But the team did manage to qualify for the Cope del ray final.) The pressure was high, because R.Madrid just wouldn’t drop points. R.Madrid even managed to reduce the gap to 4 points.

But then our little wizard returned (Iniesta returned from an injury). From that moment we started to win games again. The pressure was on, but the team didn’t crack. The team also qualified for the quarter finals of the CL by eliminating Lyon. The draw of CL was announced and we basically had mission impossible to reach the final. The first two games of 1/4 and 1/2 final we had to play the home game first. Statistics didn’t favour us and time wasn’t on our side. The team had a tight schedule.

But we did eliminate Bayern without much trouble…. And so the moment of truth has arrived(again). The second death run and the 1/2 final against Chelsea. These games would determine the season. The most important games was R.Madrid and Chelsea( to a lesser extent). We only had a 4 point advantage on R.Madrid and a lose would break the league open. The game against R.Madrid started and they even scored the first goal… I had flashbacks from the season 2006/2007… and thought this can’t be happening again!! And o boy how the team proved I was wrong.. The team totally humiliated R.Madrid at their home turf. This win basically meant we had the league in our pocket.

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better the team managed to reach the final of the CL. Tbh I lost hope when Essien scored the first goal and Abidal was sent off. But man… Iniesta scored an EPICCC! Goal in injury time and probably one of the most important goal in our history.

And so history has been written… We won Copa del ray, la Liga, and the CL. The first treble in the Spanish history.

But we owe this all to one man, so I’d like to say thank you Señor Pep Guardiola. Thank you for everything.:pep:

Home of Barca Fans