Pep Guardiola

kozhell

I have to admit...when Pep was selected as manager for FC Barcelona, I doubted him and thought he is just a "temporary" solution. As it seems, I was wrong...VERY wrong(and I'm happy that I'm wrong in this case :p).

:pep:....:thankyou:

R10(FCB)

Crazy
I have to admit...when Pep was selected as manager for FC Barcelona, I doubted him and thought he is just a "temporary" solution. As it seems, I was wrong...VERY wrong(and I'm happy that I'm wrong in this case :p).

:pep:....:thankyou:

yes. I couldn't believed when i saw in newspapers Pep:"We don't need Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o." and than first game in Primera, Numancia beat us, than 1-1 with Racing, tbh after that game i was very sceptic in Pep abilities as a coach.

V

Valon

Well it is true that we don't need Ronaldinho and Deco, maybe Eto'o too with his current form. But I love Eto'o more than the other two. He's awesome anyway, Pep.

E

Esteve

Pep, one of three!

Found this on another website, not sure if you all know;

Pep is one of only three who have won the title with Barça as both player & manager.

Josep Samitier

- player: 1928-1929
- coach: 1944-1945

Johan Cruijff:

- player: 1973-1974
- coach: 1990-1991, 1991-1992, 1992-1993, 1993-1994

Josep Guardiola:

- player: 1990-1991, 1991-1992, 1992-1993, 1993-1994, 1997-1998, 1998-1999
- coach: 2008-2009

Guardiola is the third Catalan coach to win the league title, after Romà Forns (1928-1929) and Josep Samitier (1944-1945).

He's also the first non-Dutch coach to win a league title since Terry Venables (1984-1985).

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah, saw something similar on the FCB website and it's very impressive stuff! Let's hope he mantains a level of dominance in Spain and is consistent in Europe also.

Gooooooooooooooooooooo Wildcats....I mean Pep!

maz

I walk the line
Thats really interesting. Although the second stat about being the first non-dutchie to win it since el tel is even more interesting. That had never crossed my mind.

E

Esteve

Thats really interesting. Although the second stat about being the first non-dutchie to win it since el tel is even more interesting. That had never crossed my mind.

Yeah, same here. Looked it up there; Aragonés (87-88) & Robson (96–97) are the two that failed to win the title since Venables.

Well done Pep. He`s one out of three, now let`s have: one, two, three!

+1. I hope so!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Pep is already a legend. incredible. the season isn't over yet and he already made something possible in Spain that even rijkaard's team didn't pull off.

if he wins the CL, he is TEH man! if he loses the CL, he is still the man.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Pep is about the most humble human to walk the Earth. Check this:

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has rejected his nomination for the prestigious Premio Principe de Asturias de los Deportes award.

The former midfielder was nominated for the award this morning but has moved quickly to say that he is not the right man to receive it.

The award is given to a person, group of people, or institution that have not only proved themselves to be positive influences but have improved and surpassed others efforts in sport.

In his first season in charge of Barcelona, Guardiola has certainly impressed; winning two trophies already and on the verge of winning a third when the Catalans take on Manchester United in the Champions League final next week.

Nevertheless, he stated today that he is not deserving of this "prestigious" award and said he would prefer it to be given to someone else.

"I am extremely thankful, but I would like it to be given to someone else. I believe that it is a very prestigious prize and it goes to sportsmen who have done things very well over long periods of time, where as my journey has been short"

"I would like to say thank you from my heart, but I believe that we are only going through something small."

The winner of the award last year was Spanish tennis sensation Rafael Nadal, with the prize given to Michael Schumacher the year before.
Past winners include Fernando Alonso, Lance Armstrong, Severiano Ballesteros and Sebastian Coe.

From Marca

beef-supreme

Pep is about the most humble human to walk the Earth. Check this:

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has rejected his nomination for the prestigious Premio Principe de Asturias de los Deportes award.

The former midfielder was nominated for the award this morning but has moved quickly to say that he is not the right man to receive it.

The award is given to a person, group of people, or institution that have not only proved themselves to be positive influences but have improved and surpassed others efforts in sport.

In his first season in charge of Barcelona, Guardiola has certainly impressed; winning two trophies already and on the verge of winning a third when the Catalans take on Manchester United in the Champions League final next week.

Nevertheless, he stated today that he is not deserving of this "prestigious" award and said he would prefer it to be given to someone else.

"I am extremely thankful, but I would like it to be given to someone else. I believe that it is a very prestigious prize and it goes to sportsmen who have done things very well over long periods of time, where as my journey has been short"

"I would like to say thank you from my heart, but I believe that we are only going through something small."

The winner of the award last year was Spanish tennis sensation Rafael Nadal, with the prize given to Michael Schumacher the year before.
Past winners include Fernando Alonso, Lance Armstrong, Severiano Ballesteros and Sebastian Coe.

From Marca

I saw that before, it's very humble of him and it's a great attitude for such a successful man to have.
:pep: legend

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Indeed, but imo if we win the treble he'd be as deserving as any nominee. It would be such an incredible achievement.

Home of Barca Fans