Paulinho

Albo

Even with his old legs Iniesta is still world class. Our offense looks completely clueless without him.

To be honest he doesn't offer that much to our offence but he keeps the midfield rolling, without Iniesta our midfield is lost and can't control games.

booge

selmedo, umtiti, pique , alba,

------- busquets---------

---- paulinho--- iniesta------

dembele-- messi-- suarez (left f****** wing)

I would keep gomes and rakitic for backup.

But the purpose is to show that Paulinho has earned his place.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Paulinho:

“I’m happy with my goal, of course, because Athletic were looking for the equaliser with great force and it secured the win for us,” he said after the game."

“The truth is that I find it easier to score when I’m a starter, and I think things are going well.

“I have the support of my teammates and everything becomes easier that way. What’s clear is that at Barca, you must seize every second.”

M

MessiCam

He is starting to remind me more and more of Seidou Keita and his chemistry with Messi.

He provides the same aerial threat in the box as well as being a good finisher. Also makes the same runs into the box from deep.

Not a guaranteed starter but there are games where his skill set will be useful.

henias

I actually hated Paulinho more than Rakitic in the past but boy I was so wrong. He's a great box to box, and he will be even better if Roberto paired with him in the midfield with Buquets. Will be a joy to watch. But now Valverde packed 3 box to box type of midfielders in the fking midfield. Makes it hard for Paulinho to utilise space.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So who gets credit for this? Robert? Messi inviting him? Barto being desperate for getting a buddy for Neymar? Pure luck? Valverde?

BBZ8800

Paulinho is the example how IQ, experience and some courage are important.

He is probably the least good in technical area among our midfielders.
But he has the biggest "balls".
He understands when to go forward, when to do this or that. In general, he doesn't do stupid mistakes.

I am not saying that he is the new Xavi or something, BUT he understands his role in the team and he knows his strengths and weaknesses.
For example, if we compare him with Adama or Halilovic (ok, they don't play at the same position), those two have 100x times more technical talent than this guy.
But Adama will make 128 dribbles and create nothing after that.
Halilovic will make 280 silky moves and create zero end product.

This guy will touch the ball 10 times per match, score 1 goal, get in to 2 deadly positions and make 2 assists, lol.

This is what happens when you know what you should do on the field, where you should run to etc.

My point: technical talent alone means shit, if you don't have skills in other areas.
And sometimes even way technically less skillful players can be way better than little wizzards who lack in IQ, courage, decisions, experience etc.

Home of Barca Fans