Paulinho

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His sharp touches are really something I did not expect. He is very clever with his passes, movement and touches to create space. Also scores goals on top of that and strong enough to bully other players. The only problem with him is his age.

serghei

His sharp touches are really something I did not expect. He is very clever with his passes, movement and touches to create space. Also scores goals on top of that and strong enough to bully other players. The only problem with him is his age.

Judging by how fit and muscular he is, he'll be playing in his 30s no problem. It's a good transfer so far. Playing a lot better than players who cost more than him.

Galning

He offers nothing in the buildup, whenever we have the ball he runs upfront leaving the build up to Rakitic :lol: The final third is where he shines, but for a Barça midfielder that really isn't good enough.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, not kind of a player, but at least he's not useless and provides an extra string for the team to play on, to say it that way. He's a dynamic player who could change a game off the bench and so far he's not doing bad.

Would definitely start him over Rakitic. Especially as it seems like Roberto is EV's first choice RB so he won't be playing in the midfield.

Albo

Our best midfielder and it's not even close. Some may argue that muh passing percentage and stuff like that but I'd rather have a midfielder who actually offers us new attacking options than pass to the defenders to jerk the passing stats.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He offers nothing in the buildup, whenever we have the ball he runs upfront leaving the build up to Rakitic :lol: The final third is where he shines, but for a Barça midfielder that really isn't good enough.

I think he is capable of that, just timid and not confident to create atm.

FinBarcelonafan

He probably made more forward passes than Rakitic. He seems to have better chemistry with Messi than Raki.

Paulinho brings something fresh and new to this team, instead of Rakitic same old same old.

Galning

He probably made more forward passes than Rakitic. He seems to have better chemistry with Messi than Raki.

Paulinho brings something fresh and new to this team, instead of Rakitic same old same old.

I am not saying Rakitic did a better job than him. He is by far the midfielder performing the best for us this season (bar Busquets) but that says more about the rest of our midfielders than Paulinho. Iniesta was missed hard.. and the man is 33 years old.

We need a controlling midfielder and fast.. it's been obvious for almost 2.5 seasons now.

Xaviniesta

He was doing a lot of 1-2s and created a few chances. I don't think Rakitic or Gomes were creating anything...

Not to mention he hit the post and was a beast defensively

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Our best midfielder and it's not even close. Some may argue that muh passing percentage and stuff like that but I'd rather have a midfielder who actually offers us new attacking options than pass to the defenders to jerk the passing stats.

And you are right. Paulinho is our best midfielder. Let that sink in.

FinBarcelonafan

Normally yes, but so far Paulinho has been our best midfielder. Constant threat in the enemy box, links up well with Messi and runs like hell.

Even with his old legs Iniesta is still world class. Our offense looks completely clueless without him.

Home of Barca Fans