Paulinho

Albo

This is what some PACE and MUSCLES can do.
When he scored a goal, a defender tried to brought him down.

But since Lord Paulinho is insanely strong, he shrugged him off, continued to run and scored a goal.

Iniesta would fall down in that situation.
Rakitic would lose the ball due to poor pace.
Busi also.
Denis would fall down since he is physically weak.
Rafinha also etc.

I still remember the debates few weeks ago that FC Barcelona players don't need pace or muscles :slap: Those pace and muscles just got us 3 points.

Serbian

I told you he was a solid buy someone who got muscles and steel but all of you were laughing at me now I laugh back

I'm still not judging him, b.c I haven't seen enough from him, but I'm glad to say I was never one of those people constantly putting him down, even before he even arrived.

I hope he is capable of replacing Busquets on games where the ball is divided.

For now, happy for him.

Nothanks

Because ideally we never really needed to use pace and muscle to win.. most of us are spoiled with the golden age of xavi iniesta messi where 5'6 players were dominating players with technical bliss

but some still forget we had a keita super sub that was used purely for muscle and a good super sub
something i think paulinho will be good and bring to the table

serghei

But since Lord Paulinho is insanely strong, he shrugged him off, continued to run and scored a goal.

Busi also.
Rafinha also etc.

True. And his technique is not half bad either.

JamDav1982

Busi also.
Rafinha also etc.

Denis was probably Barcas best player and helped change the game.

Paulinho goal was good and showed power and type of run other players dont even try.

This goal doesn't make him worth what was paid for him, but in this thread I only want to make him justice. As I kept saying, he's a high energy guy but he's a decisive player offensively. He scores and assists the goals that gets you 3 points. Rarely you'll see him scoring or assisting the 5th goal of a 4x0 game. He's not a finesse player but that doesn't mean he sucks offensively. Quite the contrary...

Paulinho is a downright scorer for a b2b midfielder. That's his plus. He gets one chance every 3 games and he will score on his solo chance.

That's the thing you people don't get about him. Paulinho dishes assists and scores goals. He's not a finesse player, but he's decisive offensively. He may not be the right midfielder for Barcelona, but he isn't freaking matuidi either.

Paulinho's best attribute is his scoring ability. He may bring up energy and muscle because barça used to finesse midfielders, but he's a scorer. He likes to infiltrate defenses and playing alongside smart midfielders will help him a lot.

If Messi is used as a fake #9, that'll help him even more.

See? He sees Messi surrounded by 3 players and he doesn't stand there next to them waiting to tikitaka. Messi and Iniesta will love him because he'll do the dirty work but also infiltrate defenses, either bringing up a defender with him and freeing space for them or, if defenders ignore him, those players will find him in a position to score or assist.

Now, fingers crossed he can get more chances in his limited minutes (don't want him to be a starter) in the following games. When the fans are asking for him, then he should be a starter.

Home of Barca Fans