• Neymar

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Suarez

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters

footyfan

Calma, calma
i hope you'll eat a well deserved ban now

[MENTION=19867]Barcalove[/MENTION] Suarez and ney both missed around as many chances (i'm not keeping count mind you). I'm not discounting tap in goals, but they're nothing special either. 37 goals and 6 assist just isn't objectively better than 24 goals and 20 assist (with less playing time too). And neymar's all around game is weaker than suarez' as well.

Both are fine players, all i'm saying is: it's pointless to use stats to find a clear winner here, the difference is too thin. Maybe you didn't do that but that buffoon above sure did.

I can't agree that Neymar's all-round game is weaker than Suarez's. Care to elaborate? Neymar has better dribbling, creates about the same as Suarez (if not more), has equal if not better defensive work, better passing accuracy, better shot accuracy, better timing for his goals (he has scored the go-ahead or winning goal way more than any player at Barca) etc.

Barca's amazing performance at the Calderon (of all places) without Suarez should show how good Neymar has been this season, with or without Suarez. Let's not forget he was Barca's best player right in the very beginning of the season.

We can agree that Suarez elevates Barca to another level just based on the attributes he brings to the team, but having a better all-round game or better season than Neymar? That I cannot agree with. But of course, their seasons are fairly close to call, so I can understand if you disagree.

Barcalove

Banned
I can't agree that Neymar's all-round game is weaker than Suarez's. Care to elaborate? Neymar has better dribbling, creates about the same as Suarez (if not more), has equal if not better defensive work, better passing accuracy, better shot accuracy, better timing for his goals (he has scored the go-ahead or winning goal way more than any player at Barca) etc.

Barca's amazing performance at the Calderon (of all places) without Suarez should show how good Neymar has been this season, with or without Suarez. Let's not forget he was Barca's best player right in the very beginning of the season.

We can agree that Suarez elevates Barca to another level just based on the attributes he brings to the team, but having a better all-round game or better season than Neymar? That I cannot agree with. But of course, their seasons are fairly close to call, so I can understand if you disagree.
Exactly, they are both very important and hard to call a winner, but saying that Suarez had a far better season or that is an easy answer is so much wrong in many ways, the same can be said for neymar being easily better than Suarez

direct question [MENTION=19867]Barcalove[/MENTION] did i ever say that ? and if not who are you referring to ? thanks.
[MENTION=11986]footyfan[/MENTION]
I do think that suarez was better than neymar this season. That's slightly different than saying suarez had the better season since neymar played more games, and yes he was crucial when suarez wasn't there.

I've been saying all season long (well not really but the better part of it) that neymar is clutch as fuck. He did miss many chances, from what i recall around as many as suarez, but he scored nearly all of them when it mattered. And waddaya know, that's neymar's top job since Messi time and again outbalances the team to feed those awesome long balls to the left side. So we certainly don't disagree here. (btw i caught only glimpses of our liga win at the calderon)

Would be interesting to see some shots per game stats here (though position is equally as important) but i'd bet that suarez attempts less shots/pg. Which doesn't mean suarez can't fend for himself, a lot of his goals have been class finishes etc. Few have been tap ins. These generally fall to ney who is often better positioned, storming in on the left side of the box (and ney justly gets credit for his good positioning too).

Anyway. That's 13 more goals from neymar, with around +350 mins of playing time and one penalty (two attempts :mou:).
Suarez has 14 more assists.

From what i've seen with my own eyes, and (lastly) based on the numbers, I say Neymar simply has more of a finishing role than suarez, the latter being very invested in that hustling, back-against-the-goal and rarely in position to finish of counter attacks. So these numbers kind of explain themselves, and the idea that one has much superior stats to the other is really ridiculous.

So to answer you directly, it's on his "all around game" (e.g., all the rest) that i think suarez tips neymar, just as you think the reverse, but we can agree that the difference is pretty small and subjective. Neymar's been ball hogging, leaned too much on messi, sometimes attempts unnecessary dribbles. Suarez does not get as many touches on the ball (i think) and thus has less opportunities to screw up as well, his main weakness has been poor first touch and short passing. These are the flaws I see in the two players and now that the season is almost ended my opinion is that suarez has less things to improve. Anyway, it's close. Neymar's style of play is also arguably more frustrating.
It's not important to me at all to convince people that I'm right on this. But seeing how badly some argue for neymar makes me cringe. Haven't seen such poor advocacy for suarez, and all the better.

Both are world class and will face sky high expectations next season

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I do think that suarez was better than neymar this season. That's slightly different than saying suarez had the better season since neymar played more games, and yes he was crucial when suarez wasn't there.

But that's the question of the poll mate, who had the better season.

yea, i realized that while writing it but so what. I wager most voters took into account the fact that suarez simply wasn't available for a bunch of games, this harms his season performance but not his level of play, which is more relevant imo. Anyway, small difference. always said it was close.

fcbdna

Banned
This is the average score of our players through the entire season, voted by registered fans after every match in the official Barcelona website.
Sem_t_tulo.jpg

Facts!

i have a degree in management and scored a 20/20 in economics at the national exams at the end of high school :bartomeu:
Iniesta 5th best barça player this season ?

legit

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans