Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugo Count Dante

It is of no relevance, he never asked for the praise he gets. He doesn't have to live up to no ones expectations, it's not he proclaimed himself the best or anything.

Why would you even doubt his relationship with possible future team mates beforehand? it only makes you look like someone who is constantly searching for reasons why other might not succeed in life. In fact Barcelona is not the only destination he would be able to raise himself on another level, one could even claim that Barcelona is a bad destination for him. The expectations in Barcelona are on thing, he has to adopt, he has to play with the best player of this age and on top of that he has to live up to some expectations created by salty 'fans'. Previous signings of Barcelona have shown that some players are better off not joining Barcelona, and in most cases it was not the player that lacked the talent, as some of them have lived above their expectations in other clubs after leaving Barcelona.

It is of no relevance, he never asked for the praise he gets. He doesn't have to live up to no ones expectations, it's not he proclaimed himself the best or anything.
Well, when Pele calls you better than Messi, then you better bring your A-game.

Why would you even doubt his relationship with possible future team mates beforehand? it only makes you look like someone who is constantly searching for reasons why other might not succeed in life.
So many things could clash. Their personalities, playing styles, their egos. I do not want to risk messing up the chemistry. I would rather bring in lesser players who will surely fit in the system and who we can build around Messi. Neymar is not that guy. And besides, it's not FCB is a weak team. We are strong beyond belief.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Well, when Pele calls you better than Messi, then you better bring your A-game.

So many things could clash. Their personalities, playing styles, their egos. I do not want to risk messing up the chemistry. I would rather bring in lesser players who will surely fit in the system and who we can build around Messi. Neymar is not that guy. And besides, it's not FCB is a weak team. We are strong beyond belief.
Messi doesn't have an ego but Neymar surely has one.

Last edited:

AvocadoCake

Ribeiro (president Santos): "The chance Neymar will leave before 2014 is cero. Then he's free and we'll compete with Madrid and Barça"

Wait 2 years and get him on a free transfer (instead of a heavily bloated 50m)? I don't mind that one bit!

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Let Neymar leave for free? BS, he's leaving this summer, for sure, no President is that stupid.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Well, according to transfermarkt.de he has a fixed BO clause of 45M. His contract is ending in 2014 but Santos has the option to extend the contract by 2 more years.

If thats true there wont be a free transfer in 2014 unless Santos dont use their options.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
If there is one person that wants to destroy this kid, it's that f#cking old f@rt, Pele. All this Messi/Neymar thing was started from his disgustingly desperate attempts to belittle an already too awesome Lionel Messi by throwing a 19 year old kid mercilessly into this, he probably never lost the chance to give him his fatherly advise on how he can surpass Leo Messi in blink of an eye and how Messi, potentially the best player that has ever kicked a ball, is nothing special for him. Not a single 19/20 year old kid should be exposed to such stuff. this kind of pressure and mentality can crush any young player, hell it is even blowing the mind of an already great established player in CR, I hope he will be able to keep his mind clear of that. I hope all he saw in the CWC has shaken him out of all the bullshit that goes around him. he has the potential to become a gem, but with this kind of pressure it will not be easily possible at all...

AvocadoCake

If there is one person that wants to destroy this kid, it's that f#cking old f@rt, Pele. All this Messi/Neymar thing was started from his disgustingly desperate attempts to belittle an already too awesome Lionel Messi by throwing a 19 year old kid mercilessly into this, he probably never lost the chance to give him his fatherly advise on how he can surpass Leo Messi in blink of an eye and how Messi, potentially the best player that has ever kicked a ball, is nothing special for him. Not a single 19/20 year old kid should be exposed to such stuff. this kind of pressure and mentality can crush any young player, hell it is even blowing the mind of an already great established player in CR, I hope he will be able to keep his mind clear of that. I hope all he saw in the CWC has shaken him out of all the bullshit that goes around him. he has the potential to become a gem, but with this kind of pressure it will not be easily possible at all...
:worthy:

Anyway, i think people underestimate the marketing revenue Neymar brings Santos - "new Pele" "Better than Messi" "already Brazil's best striker" +Balon d'Or nominee extra tickets bought and these constant rumours, not to mention the assumably uncountable advertisements. What's to say Santos would be any more famous than Sao Paulo if it weren't for him? Free in 2 years + marketing income - wages + success vs 45m euros now? Not sure which is the smarter option as a chairman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans