Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
theres no timeswap...and u gotta give the players from back then, the same structure and the same opportunities if u try to use that as an argument, those guys didnt have all the opportunities the players have today..remember that back then there were no cards, you could foul as much as you want too.
You don't realize how much football has evolved since then,back then players had to work elsewhere too because the salary they get is not enough but now the football players are professionals in the sport,back then very few managers and they wouldn't have been recognized but now managers are paid a fortune cause now football is not just using your body but also the brain,comparing the 2 ages is difficult but that doesn't mean it was more harder in those days.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Jesus Christ, I wish I never visited this thread.

Heaver, the discussion around Messi is made simpler by the week. His stats speak for themselves, mainly at club level, so you can't argue with them. Messi is a once in a life time player, the best of his generation by a country mile, just like Pele, Di Stefano, Maradona, Cruyff. He is already in the same league at 24 and he still has a long way to go.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
It doesnt matter how good some 'ancient' player might be under todays conditions. If you for instance say Pele is the best player of all times, you refer to that Pele and how he played back then, what he really did and what real skills he had. And not to someone totally hypothetical.

If we start like that, i could even give that title to myself ... who knows what could be if i played some more footie with better coaching etc. when i was young ...

Chainsaw

Killahead
Guys just because pele says shit, it doesnt mean he sucks...He is BY FAR the best player to play the game...and i mean BY FAR...you guys are probably not old enough to have watched him play, so go ask your grandparents, or older people that understand about football.

"Messi, potentially the best player that has ever kicked a ball"

Seriously? just because he plays for your team? I'd rather take a prime Pele, Maradona, Carlos Alberto, Zico, Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Ronaldo, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Riquelme, Romario, and, yes, probably Neymar (unless it was a team with Barcelona's playstyle) over Messi any day of the week.

But again, some Lakers fans think Kobe Bryant is the greatest of all time and not Michael Jordan, so... I won't hate too much on you.

Hi :facepalm:

heaver

I am not saying that he is bad bro, much the opposite.
I'm just saying that barcelonas team is so good that some people even think like dani alves and abidal are great...also with real, di maria is nothing much really, do you watch all argentina's games, cuz I do. I watch dani alves in all of brazil's games, i watched him when he played in brazil. I wouldnt put those guys in my teams even if you paid me. Of course a tremendous player like messi in a team that's so stable and so mature will rape, destroy. But in my eyes he still has a lot to prove on the national level, which as I said, is what I care about the most.

I could be like some douchebags and uneducated people in this thread and be sarcastic like.
Yeah Messi is the best player evah omgomg, those 3 world cups he won by himself talk for themselves, oh wait..
Neymar is a GOD omgomg, he can humiliate anyone, those 3 world cups...........

But no, I am being straight up with my opinions...
I think Neymar and Messi are fenomenal players, the best players in their position as of now but both have yet to do something for both Argentina and Brazil.

I'd stay and discuss but i gotta go to work (I'm a soccer coach :|) pz

B

barcelonista

Neymar is the best player in the world in his position because he does douchy rainbow flicks in the state championship of Sao Paulo against teams like "Mogi Mirim".

This will be like the Ronaldinho-Beckham fight between Barcelona and Real Madrid. But this time Barcelona will end up with the walking commercial billboard and Real Madrid will end up with a true gem. Like Götze. Can't wait.

Hope he comes to Europe and attempts this against Vidic.

Last edited:

UberNjufer

Nobody questioned Pele he is one of the greatest players of all time but Messi isn't so much worse than him.Messi is doing things in a time where it is more harder, when Pele played there weren't many professional players but now football is a professional sport and to do what Messi does in this era you are underestimating him too much.
i do,and i dont think he's a top 5 of his own generation let alone greatest ever

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
i dont really care what award did he win,players ability should not be judged by awards

Agreed.

For instance Xavi is the best midfield of this generation and is amongst the greatest midfields to have ever played the game and has zero individual awards.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
i dont really care what award did he win,players ability should not be judged by awards
Yep but how come you say he isn't even among the top 5 players in the 60's name me 5 players who were better then him in the 60's,i hate the guy too but he is a great player no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans