Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

I came to the us to coach...been living in new york for the past 4 years....I learned british english (football) but having come here, i barely say football anymore...and yeah i live here in america so i can say bad stuff about them lol

I respect your views and I too think Neymar is a great player, however the way you are putting down Messi is truly idiotic. He is the best player and the world right now. Deal with it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I came to the us to coach...been living in new york for the past 4 years....I learned british english (football) but having come here, i barely say football anymore...and yeah i live here in america so i can say bad stuff about them lol
Hey, you! You either tell us your name, or get the fuck outta here!! The suspense is killing me :angry: :p

Reasonus

Do you understand that MEssi got infinite speed, acceleration and a knack for pass!? He would thrive in a counter attacking system, believe me!!

Messi wouldn't thrive in a counterattacking team, he would own it.

- Best first touch in the history of the game (tied with Iniesta) - check
- Explosive speed and pace - check
- Best dribbler in the history of the game - check
- Unbelievably good passer - check

He has 99 in all of those attributes and then some. During counters, he's like a magnet drawing every defedner towards himself only to beat them with a magical pass, leaving the recipient one-on-one with the keeper.

Messi would own everywhere in every league in the world.

You refer to my comment ? Irrelevant yes, but douchy ?

Anyway, back to topic.

Neymar is a talented player, no doubt about that. But I don't like his personality one bit. His flashy but endless stepovers, rainbow flicks etc. don't add anything useful to the game. Furthermore, he shows a clear lack of respect for his opponents. His constant diving and bitching is unbearable sometimes and will bite him in the rear at the end because it distracts from his obvious talent. Anyway, I don't want such a behaviour to be viewed as part of Barcas philosophy.
The most useful trait a player can have for us - his passing - is underdeveloped compared to the La Masia players. If he comes to our club I'll accept him instantly but over time he has to change - a lot. And he'd need time for that, he shouldn't be a starter in that development phase. But one can't bench a 60 million signing, right ? It's a dilemma.

What bothers me more is that this signing smells like a marketing scheme, as many other posters have stated: Sign Neymar - Sell jerseys - Money made - Rosell wins

A signing should be based on purely athletic reasons imo but that seems to be wishful thinking these days.

Quality post.

Refund please. Two precious minutes of my life wasted on watching this crap.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One

you got some balls coming in here saying this kid, who has yet to prove anything, is better than Messi. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this kid and I believe he will be one of the best talents to come, which is why I want him at Barca, he's not all stepovers and tricks he's a genuinely good dribbler imo. I hope he lives up to the expectation, really do.

but right now, it's preposterous to compare him to the guy who's scoring 70 goals and providing 30 assist in a season. I mean get outta here, you'll probably give me the "stats don't say it all" -I've watched Neymar play there's no comparison. I'll give you this, Neymar's flair and artsy way of playing is intoxicating, I love it, it might even be said that his style is more entertaining than Messi's, but that's as far as it should go. Messi is just sent from heaven, an angel cries everytime people make these stupid comparisons.

BitByBit

Guys just because pele says shit, it doesnt mean he sucks...He is BY FAR the best player to play the game...and i mean BY FAR...you guys are probably not old enough to have watched him play, so go ask your grandparents, or older people that understand about football.

"Messi, potentially the best player that has ever kicked a ball"

Seriously? just because he plays for your team? I'd rather take a prime Pele, Maradona, Carlos Alberto, Zico, Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Ronaldo, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Riquelme, Romario, and, yes, probably Neymar (unless it was a team with Barcelona's playstyle) over Messi any day of the week.

But again, some Lakers fans think Kobe Bryant is the greatest of all time and not Michael Jordan, so... I won't hate too much on you.

Is that you Pele?

MagIX

I am not saying that he is bad bro, much the opposite.
I'm just saying that barcelonas team is so good that some people even think like dani alves and abidal are great...also with real, di maria is nothing much really, do you watch all argentina's games, cuz I do. I watch dani alves in all of brazil's games, i watched him when he played in brazil. I wouldnt put those guys in my teams even if you paid me. Of course a tremendous player like messi in a team that's so stable and so mature will rape, destroy. But in my eyes he still has a lot to prove on the national level, which as I said, is what I care about the most.

I could be like some douchebags and uneducated people in this thread and be sarcastic like.
Yeah Messi is the best player evah omgomg, those 3 world cups he won by himself talk for themselves, oh wait..
Neymar is a GOD omgomg, he can humiliate anyone, those 3 world cups...........

But no, I am being straight up with my opinions...
I think Neymar and Messi are fenomenal players, the best players in their position as of now but both have yet to do something for both Argentina and Brazil.

I'd stay and discuss but i gotta go to work (I'm a soccer coach :|) pz

Messi and NT: he is only 24 and he won a WC U20 and Olympic Games 2008. Maradona at the same age won only a WC U20.
How would you judge Maradona at 24 with NT? Not good because he did not well in NT? No, he was anyway a phenomenon with or without NT.
Di Stefano, Cruyff, Platini.... did not win the WC. Are they worthless ?

You wrote... 3 world cups won by himself talk for themselves... sure you are meaning Pele: no, there is not a player who won by himself 3 WC, but for sure there is a player who won 1 WC by himself: MARADONA.

For my father (a genuine fanatic football fan) Maradona was the best player ever seen, better than Pele. And for sure i trust more my father than you with your fucking arrogance.

Alex Fergusson: "The answer to that is great players would play in any generation. Lionel Messi could play in the 1950s and the present day, as could Di Stefano, Pele, Maradona, Cruyff because they are all great players. Lionel Messi without question fits into that category".

I respect your views and I too think Neymar is a great player, however the way you are putting down Messi is truly idiotic. He is the best player and the world right now. Deal with it.

this !!

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

heaver's got some valid points and his viewpoint seems to favor national team play over club, so that's his prerogative. Time will tell if Messi shines at NT level, and the odds stack up that he will, considering his young age and the pressure of Argentina fans to bring in a quality manager to mesh the abundant quality into a team (similar to 2008), if they haven't already, I haven't followed much of the Arg NT lately. Last I recall they had Batista doing his best to formulate a Barcelona style of play.

F

Flavia

I follow neymar closely, since he showed up. It's pure nonsense to think he's better than messi... What Messi does every game no one else does. Neymar is very good, could even be compared to cr7, but not yet to messi.

Reasonus

I follow neymar closely, since he showed up. It's pure nonsense to think he's better than messi... What Messi does every game no one else does. Neymar is very good, could even be compared to cr7, but not yet to messi.

The word in bold is unnecessary. :)

Pepe Silvia

Neymar and Messi? Cmon. Let's be real... I understand people want to side with their favorite players and all, but that's not even a realistic comparison right now. It's just not. Even ask Neymar.

Maria

I know that we are biased when it comes to Cristiano(and when I say we I mean the barcelonistas), but there's no way that Neymar could yet be compared with the portuguese. I remember that in January or February I was praising his form in his thread, saying that he has a beter season then Xavi and Iniesta and many disagreed. Well since then he performed for RM when they where at their worst(since February, to be more precise), overcame his fear against Barca(scoring the goal that killed our last hope of winning the title), scored 2 goals and gave the assist for Ozil's goal vs Bayern, in a CL SF and was decisive for Portugal's qualification at the EC. If he manages to do something with Portugal he definitely deserves the Ballon d'Or, even if Messi is the better player.

Appart from Leo, no other player has played so many games and been so decisive since 2007 and if the little argentine wouldn't have existed maybe we have had appreciated Cristiano's performances more. And I don't need to see them win something with their NTs to be convinced that when they finish their cariers, they will be 2 of the best players that have ever stepped on a football pitch.

Returning to Neymar, I think he has the talent to reach Messi someday, but only the talent won't be enough.

Reasonus

I know that we are biased when it comes to Cristiano(and when I say we I mean the barcelonistas), but there's no way that Neymar could yet be compared with the portuguese. I remember that in January or February I was praising his form in his thread, saying that he has a beter season then Xavi and Iniesta and many disagreed. Well since then he performed for RM when they where at their worst(since February, to be more precise), overcame his fear against Barca(scoring the goal that killed our last hope of winning the title), scored 2 goals and gave the assist for Ozil's goal vs Bayern, in a CL SF and was decisive for Portugal's qualification at the EC. If he manages to do something with Portugal he definitely deserves the Ballon d'Or, even if Messi is the better player.

Appart from Leo, no other player has played so many games and been so decisive since 2007 and if the little argentine wouldn't have existed maybe we have had appreciated Cristiano's performances more. And I don't need to see them win something with their NTs to be convinced that when they finish their cariers, they will be 2 of the best players that have ever stepped on a football pitch.

Returning to Neymar, I think he has the talent to reach Messi someday, but only the talent won't be enough.

You are overrating Ronaldo here and this comes from someone who hasn't downplayed Ronaldo's significance. He's good and definitely had an excellent season. His seemingly impressive stats keep him in this competition.

Ronaldo scored a goal Barcelona, fair enough, but so did Torres in just a short time of being on the pitch in a far more defensive team. The truth is that we were in a bad shape and it wasn't fear that has prevented him from performing against us, it was us being too damn good for him and his teams.

Neymar will not reach Messi's level. They are different. Neymar is skilled and can become a top quality player, but no player has been as decisive as Messi since Maradonna and that's because of their unique style of play. Ronaldinho's skills were outrageous but he never was as decisive as Messi is now.

F

Flavia

The word in bold is unnecessary. :)
I don't think he will, but who knows. Messi is still underrated by some people (I don't get how), and I don't believe we will see a player like him any time soon.

Maria, I compared Neymar to cr7 because I think reaching his level is possible to neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans