Neymar Jr. - v5

CanadianBlaugrana

I think it's not the mistake of the team to play like sunday league team against Real. It's more because of the lack of quality in other leagues. PSG, Juve and even Bayern. The last time Bayern were better than spanish teams, Dortmund is CL finalist. And the horrendous display of PSG and Juve will remain the same as long as they play in ligue 1 and serie A. I have reason to claim, Bayern will also be horrendous as it has been like for 4 years.

Agreed.

Jair Ventura

Hardly a stupid argument. You’re response regarding Madrid demonstrates what I’ve been saying. If you review the Champions League past winners you will see that the Top 4 Leagues in Europe - La Liga, Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A have won the majority of continental titles. How did they accomplish that? From quality competition in their various leagues. You only get better as a player consistently playing against challenging competition, not the other way around.

The Bundesliga is strong because Bayern pulled two weak draws after the group stages that has allowed them to comfortably advance to the semi’s? Serie A is strong because Juventus got 3-0’d a round later than PSG? Serie A clearly isn’t as strong as it was in the 90’s and 00’s, the EPL either, so I don’t know why you’re bringing up continental titles in this discussion. Especially in respect to the Bundesliga, who is dominated and carried by one club.

Your argument is so bad it hardly deserves a response.

Jair Ventura

Yes, we had two great campaigns, but that was last season. This season, our first half of the season was Benitez-level, maybe even worse.
You could see it during the first leg, that we were not in good shape, but PSG messed it up, we were there for the taking.
The return leg was even more disappointing for PSG, not once did they look a threat, one would have thought they would at least put up a fight in front of their own fans, oh well.

Since then, RM has indeed picked up some sort of form(still dodgy defensively though).

It doesn’t matter that you were struggling in La Liga, the UCL is an entirely different competition. Madrid’s players didn’t forget what it takes to win European cup ties because they struggled for a few months domestically. It remained a great institution with great players, even through the storm.

PSG doesn’t know how to defeat teams like Madrid and Barca yet, and they weren’t going to learn how under Unai Emery. That doesn’t mean the club is in a bad place.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans