Neymar Jr. - v5

Jair Ventura

I disappeared from football talk altogether not too long after the winter break, even before the tie with Madrid. I knew better than to expect anything from Emery.

xXKonan

tbh Jair for all the disagreements we've had isnt actually a bad poster, hes contributed alot to the 'other players' section. there was one PSG (not Jair or Leutuce) began with a K and some numbers, now he was a fucking dick head. probably support his Bundesliga team now
that Kahn1993 Guy? yeah it was hard to tell if he was a Barca fan,PSG fan or supporting some team in Germany.

Dude tried to play off the Neutral fan angle but most of the time came off as a bandwagoner instead.

behindbrowneyes

Monaco was a one hit wonder. They sold half of their team as soon as the transfer window opened. Their shootingstar went to a direct competitor. That's how competitive Ligue 1 is.

serghei

To be fair, naming Tuchel is one of the few signs that PSG might start looking like a real football team and not a mall of players bought via Qatar oil money.

It is incredible for me how poor are the ideologic foundations of that team. They didn't lose vs Barca 6-1 last year, because we had Neymar. They lost because tactically and mentally they're not even near the big boys. Their answer to that problem was to splash 400m. on two players. Solving fuck all, as they collapsed vs Madrid this year just the same.

It's this attitude that everything can be solved with blowing up the market and signing superstars that makes me hate PSG. They are the Looney Tunes of football, a joke of a club who's biggest hits are shopping sprees in the summer, but when the season starts, they show the same weaknesses time and time again, and the only way they know to fix them is spend, spend, spend, and then spend some more. But the underlying issues remain, because the Qatari just can't wrap their head around the idea that there is more to football besides how much hundreds of millions you splash.

PSG are hilarious. Don't have a clue about building a great team. Why the hell is Nasser's name even mentioned that often? What's his qualification in football? He's a businessman, and a former mediocre tennis player. This guy should shut the fuck up, step back, and hire someone who actually knows some football.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Come on, Don, Tuchel killed it in Germany. Took a team that finished 7th in Klopps last year and took them to 2nd place with a record amount of points. Went into the next season after losing the whole of his spine and kept Dortmund in 3rd while also reaching the quarters of the UCL. It’s hard to criticize his work at BvB imo.

No, he did very well with BVB and is criticized unfairly. That's why I like him and believe he's a talented manager who has been underrated for his work with BVB who we all can see are absolutely pathetic this season with two managers. I don't know what people expect of him when they criticize his work there. To win the title? He ended up 10 points behind his first season and while they falled back a bit in his second one and ended third overall, his squad was full of unexperienced kids and he had a pathetic defence and average gk.

But like all managers he has his flaws which is what I'm pointing out. Also, Tuchel or even Pep/Mourinho/Zidane alone is not enough for PSG. That team have a big mentality problem that need to be fixed. Also need a proper leader that stands out and doesn't lose his head when it gets tough.

Jair Ventura

I think PSG’s problems are being exaggerated. Losing to Madrid doesn’t mean the club is in shambles, that it’s handlers don’t know how to build a club, or that there’s a problem with the teams mentality. PSG won their group, but were unlucky to draw arguably the top club in the world in the round of 16. Where’s the shame in that?

The club has made mistakes, but it has a strong base of players and good handlers in Nasser and Antero Henrique. Bringing in Tuchel to help establish an identity on the pitch is best move they could have made. Even so, these things take time.

Morten

I think PSG’s problems are being exaggerated. Losing to Madrid doesn’t mean the club is in shambles, that it’s handlers don’t know how to build a club, or that there’s a problem with the teams mentality. PSG won their group, but were unlucky to draw arguably the top club in the world in the round of 16. Where’s the shame in that?

The club has made mistakes, but it has a strong base of players and good handlers in Nasser and Antero Henrique. Bringing in Tuchel to help establish an identity on the pitch is best move they could have made. Even so, these things take time.

Dude, RM were in shambles, at our weakest since Benitez, and still PSG bottled it.
They were favorites going into the tie, had bought some new expensive toys, yet didnt learn a thing from the humiliation the year before.

The return leg was even worse for PSG, getting totally embarassed at home, by what was pretty much the b-team in midfield for Madrid.

KingLeo10

in fact, not only did PSG fail to stop a RM that was barely holding it together, but managed to oil them back into shape. it would be hard to be any more useless than that. :lol:

CanadianBlaugrana

It’s not rocket science and we all know why PSG struggle in Champions. Coefficient rankings put Ligue 1 significantly below La Liga. Weaker competitors week in and week out is the reason.

Jair Ventura

Madrid is coming off two consecutive UCL championships. That isn’t shambles. The league and Europe are different competitions, and struggling in the league doesn’t take away all the experience of winning Madrid’s players have.

Losing to Madrid was a blessing in disguise anyway, because Emery was never going to win anything even if PSG had advanced. Being eliminated earlier killed any discussion of an extension, on top of giving the club an opportunity to reach out to Tuchel before he signed elsewhere.

Did Juventus not lose to Madrid 3-0 a few days ago?

Jair Ventura

It’s not rocket science and we all know why PSG struggle in Champions. Coefficient rankings put Ligue 1 significantly below La Liga. Weaker competitors week in and week out is the reason.

This is a stupid argument because Monaco advanced to the semi’s last season after defeating City & Dortmund. It isn’t Ligue 1’s fault PSG lost to Madrid anymore more than it’s Serie A’s fault Juventus did the same. Madrid is one of the top two clubs in the world, this is what they do.

Last edited:

CanadianBlaugrana

This is a stupid argument because Monaco advanced to the semi’s last season after defeating City & Dortmund. It isn’t Ligue 1’s fault PSG lost to Madrid anymore more than it’s Serie A’s fault Juventus did the same. Madrid is one of the top two clubs in the world, this is what they do.

Hardly a stupid argument. You’re response regarding Madrid demonstrates what I’ve been saying. If you review the Champions League past winners you will see that the Top 4 Leagues in Europe - La Liga, Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A have won the majority of continental titles. How did they accomplish that? From quality competition in their various leagues. You only get better as a player consistently playing against challenging competition, not the other way around.

I think it's not the mistake of the team to play like sunday league team against Real. It's more because of the lack of quality in other leagues. PSG, Juve and even Bayern. The last time Bayern were better than spanish teams, Dortmund is CL finalist. And the horrendous display of PSG and Juve will remain the same as long as they play in ligue 1 and serie A. I have reason to claim, Bayern will also be horrendous as it has been like for 4 years.

Last edited:

Morten

Madrid is coming off two consecutive UCL championships. That isn’t shambles. The league and Europe are different competitions, and struggling in the league doesn’t take away all the experience of winning Madrid’s players have.

Losing to Madrid was a blessing in disguise anyway, because Emery was never going to win anything even if PSG had advanced. Being eliminated earlier killed any discussion of an extension, on top of giving the club an opportunity to reach out to Tuchel before he signed elsewhere.

Did Juventus not lose to Madrid 3-0 a few days ago?

Yes, we had two great campaigns, but that was last season. This season, our first half of the season was Benitez-level, maybe even worse.
You could see it during the first leg, that we were not in good shape, but PSG messed it up, we were there for the taking.
The return leg was even more disappointing for PSG, not once did they look a threat, one would have thought they would at least put up a fight in front of their own fans, oh well.

Since then, RM has indeed picked up some sort of form(still dodgy defensively though).

Home of Barca Fans