Neymar Jr. - v5

Nope.

He was second best as he performed well and was up there as one of top 5 players in the world.

Busi and Umtiti 'massively underperformed' did they?

More rubbish try and minimise how well he played across the season.

I have no interest engaging you in a conversation when you're not willing to provide any examples, details or statistics as to why you feel he was a top 5 player last season.

You rather seem insistent on replying with the same superficial statement every time your questioned and dismissing dissenting arguments as being "rubbish" and a "load of bollocks."

If you would like to have a real conversation please feel free to reply, but if you're still planning on parroting the same line without going into any sort of depth and reasoning rationally I think it would be best if you stop wasting my time and yours.

serghei

Coutinho is better defensively than Neymar. Is just a better fit for any 4 midfield system. Can play as a midfielder, as a CAM, as a winger, as a wide midfielder, even as a 2nd striker or false 9. Neymar could only play as a winger. Coutinho can play 3-4 positions with ease. This is one of the things that he has over Neymar. He also doesn't have a 'Prima Donna' personality.

In the 4-4-2 there's no way Neymar is better than Coutinho.

I'm happier with Coutinho and Dembele than with Neymar and his dad milking the club for every penny and throwing tantrums every time they want something.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I have no interest engaging you in a conversation when you're not willing to provide any examples, details or statistics as to why you feel he was a top 5 player last season.

You rather seem insistent on replying with the same superficial statement every time your questioned and dismissing dissenting arguments as being "rubbish" and a "load of bollocks."

If you would like to have a real conversation please feel free to reply, but if you're still planning on parroting the same line without going into any sort of depth and reasoning rationally I think it would be best if you stop wasting my time and yours.

None of which you provided.

You have not provided anything.

Was voted third best in world. You trump that one then.

JamDav1982

Coutinho is better defensively than Neymar. Is just a better fit for any 4 midfield systems. Can play as a midfielder, as a CAM, as a winger, as a wide midfielder, even as a 2nd striker or false 9. Neymar could only play as a winger. Coutinho can play 3-4 positions with ease. This is one of the things that he has over Neymar. He also doesn't have a 'Prima Donna' personality.

Neymar would be the better LW and better second striker or striker in a 4-4-2 but Coutinho is still class and can play a lot of positions.

serghei

Neymar would be the better LW and better second striker or striker in a 4-4-2 but Coutinho is still class and can play a lot of positions.

Yea, I'd agree with that. A better LW for sure, and a better 2nd striker. Any midfield-oriented position is better suited to Coutinho.

JamDav1982

That's guessing. We actually look better without him.
Pretty sure people are way happier to have Dembele and Coutinho than Neymar.

Anything is guessing.

There is not a forward player for Barca bar Messi been as good as Ney was last season or has been this season.

If folk think Barca would not look better with Ney than Suarez going forward that is crazy in my opinion.

You have not provided anything.

Was voted third best in world. You trump that one then.

From two replies ago:

He was missing sitters for fun last year and dribbling aimlessly. His goal scoring stats dipped to career lows and he missed a game in the middle of the season to travel to his sister's birthday party in Brazil, which we eventually lost and cost us the league. So no he was not a top 5 player in the world last season.

You may have missed that part since I edited it in a couple seconds after my post, but at that point you had already quoted my post and missed out on it.

That's my rationale and whether you like it or not you have yet to provide anything similar and citing the flawed voting system of individual awards that rely primarily on marketing and media created narratives don't provide any weight to your argument. If the Ballon D'or voting system is truly accurate and a credible measure of a player's ability you must also agree that Ramos was the 6th best player in the world in 2017 and Buffon was the 4th best?

FC B

Coutinho is better defensively than Neymar. Is just a better fit for any 4 midfield systems. Can play as a midfielder, as a CAM, as a winger, as a wide midfielder, even as a 2nd striker or false 9. Neymar could only play as a winger. Coutinho can play 3-4 positions with ease. This is one of the things that he has over Neymar. He also doesn't have a 'Prima Donna' personality.

I'm happier with Coutinho and Dembele than with Neymar and his dad milking the club for every penny and throwing tantrums every time they want something.

Moreover, Coutinho is a serious player and a familist, not a party animal like Moneymar, big difference.

serghei

Morover, Coutinho is a serious player and a familist, not a party animal like Moneymar, big difference.

Yea, we should stay away from the Ronaldo/Neymar types. You can be a great player without acting like a petulant child.

serghei

Anything is guessing.

There is not a forward player for Barca bar Messi been as good as Ney was last season or has been this season.

If folk think Barca would not look better with Ney than Suarez going forward that is crazy in my opinion.

Suarez is a better no9 than Neymar. And Messi is a better 2nd striker than Neymar as well. As now we're playing 4-4-2 Neymar can't really play in this system in an effective way.

JamDav1982

Suarez is a better no9 than Neymar. And Messi is a better 2nd striker than Neymar as well. As now we're playing 4-4-2 Neymar can't really play in this system in an effective way.

Neymar would have been better than Suarez this season playing in same positions across the games.

Home of Barca Fans