Neymar Jr. - v5

serghei

Wouldnt be better player in this team the way drifts towards left even then I bet Neymar would have been better as a striker this season anyway.

No, I think Neymar would be the best winger in the team, but in every other position we have players who can do a better job than him. Suarez at no9, Messi at no10 - false 9 - 2nd striker spot, now Coutinho in the AM spot.

This version of 4-4-2 is Valverde's way to absolutely minimize the loss of Neymar to the point that we look like a better team without him, simply because the tactics and the systems have replaced his influence (huge under Lucho's tactics) with something else, which atm seems to be working like a charm.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No, I think Neymar would be the best winger in the team, but in every other position we have players who can do a better job than him. Suarez at no9, Messi at no10 - false 9 - 2nd striker spot, now Coutinho in the AM spot.

This version of 4-4-2 is Valverde's way to absolutely minimize the loss of Neymar to the point that we look like a better team without him, simply because the tactics and the systems have replaced his influence, with something else, which atm seems to be working like a charm.

No he would have played the position Suarez has better than he has this season.

Which is a not even the point as Valverde would probably not play the same way if swapped them anyway.

BBZ8800

Look better as Valverde done better job and strengthened team defensively.

Neymar would walk into this team and make it better.

With Neymar in our team, we would play 433 or 442 with Messi Cam and Neymar and Suarez as Cfs.
That again means only 3 "normal" midfielders.

That means: goodbye to our midfield and defensive stability.
We won that stability because of 4 normal midfielders, compared to years of 433.

Imagine a number of counters against us even with Valverde, when Neymar would start to lose 15-20 balls per match.
Someone would need to run and get those balls back, right?

We don't need to that currently because we don't have any turnover machines in our team anymore.

JamDav1982

With Neymar in our team, we would play 433 or 442 with Messi Cam and Neymar and Suarez as Cfs.
That again means only 3 "normal" midfielders.

That means: goodbye to our midfield and defensive stability.
We won that stability because of 4 normal midfielders, compared to years of 433.

Imagine a number of counters against us even with Valverde, when Neymar would start to lose 15-20 balls per match.
Someone would need to run and get those balls back, right?

We don't need to that currently because we don't have any turnover machines in our team anymore.

With that front three and obviously below par midfield Barca were one game away from a treble and two doubles in three years and Neymar was one of top players in the world.

Of course it could work and Valverde would just like the players realised that and were desperate for him to stay.

If you are arguing those three up top is too heavy for team to defend try not to blame the hardest working of the three that tracks back the most.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Agree with Jamdav. People trying to convince themselves Neymar would cripple us just to make them feel better about him leaving or because of a personal peeve with him. It goes beyond all logic and objectivism though to assume Valverde can get the best out of all players and make them work in a system except for one player named Neymar.

And no, I am not a Ney fanboy. I am actually happy that he is gone because of the drama. But it's silly to assume a world class player like Neymar wouldn't strengthen this team.

serghei

Agree with Jamdav. People trying to convince themselves Neymar would cripple us just to make them feel better about him leaving or because of a personal peeve with him. It goes beyond all logic and objectivism though to assume Valverde can get the best out of all players and make them work in a system except for one player named Neymar.

And no, I am not a Ney fanboy. I am actually happy that he is gone because of the drama. But it's silly to assume a world class player like Neymar wouldn't strengthen this team.

Wouldn't be able to implement Neymar in a 4-4-2, which is the system that seems to be working the best against good teams. Neymar is not a midfielder, not a no9, and not better than Messi as a no10, 2nd striker. Simple as that. Anything else is just a guess work, purely a guess work.

Neymar was a more individualistic player who took a lot of actions on his own once he was passed the ball in positions where he can try to dribble in a 1 vs 1 or even 1 vs 2. The way we're playing atm is very different. The team is not having many individual moments from players. Only Messi has less of a structured role, the other players follow the tactics the right way.

It has nothing to do with being biased or holding grudge on Neymar. We're playing a different type of football now. More controlled, more disciplined in defense, more risk-calculated. Neymar was an amazing player, but not in these aspects. He wasn't very good in defense, was patchy in terms of effort put in (sometimes he ran well and covered the ground nicely, sometimes would just lose the ball and didn't bother to track back or spet time complaining to the ref or rolling down on the ground), took a lot of actions on his own, trying to dribble 2-3 players on his own.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Wouldn't be able to implement Neymar in a 4-4-2. Neymar is not a midfielder, not a no9, and not better than Messi as a no10, 2nd striker. Simple as that. Anything else is just a guess work, purely a guess work.

He would have been better than Suarez has been this season in exact same positions across the games and Valverde would tweak it to fit him in anyway.

Your is guess work to say he couldnt improve this team and 4-4-2 which he clearly would even in Suarez role.

Xaviniesta

He is one of the most professional players going for most part.

Look at condition he keeps himself in.

lol he skipped matches for his sister's birthday

not to mention he behaves like a man-child on the pitch

edit: i strongly believe we wouldve won the league last season had he not:
a.) skip the deportivo game because of his sister's bday
b.) act like an idiot against malaga while getting sent off

Last edited:

FC B

He is one of the most professional players going for most part.

Look at condition he keeps himself in.

No he isn't. He's actualy the type of brasilian that wastes much of his potential due to their life outside the pitch, Coutinho is a religious family guy, exactly the opposite.

JamDav1982

No he isn't. He's actualy the type of brasilian that wastes much of his potential due to their life outside the pitch, Coutinho is a religious family guy, exactly the opposite.

He isnt at all he takes care of himself off the pitch as well as any player going and it is reflected on the pitch.

You are completely wrong if you think Neymar is some lazy, party animal brazilian. He is not that at all.

JamDav1982

lol he skipped matches for his sister's birthday

not to mention he behaves like a man-child on the pitch

edit: i strongly believe we wouldve won the league last season had he not:
a.) skip the deportivo game because of his sister's bday
b.) act like an idiot against malaga while getting sent off

I agree he was that important.

Can have his moments when acts like a child no doubt.

Home of Barca Fans