Neymar Jr. - v5

Zuti

I'm sorry but we're too big of a club to force a guy who wants to leave to keep playing for us. No one is bigger than the club and it'd be embarrassing to see Neymar have to "settle" here if we try to sue him. Get that rat and any trace of his money-grubbing dad out of Barca.

Exactly, just a few weeks ago people were bashing on PSG for keeping Verratti ˝prisoner˝, and now we are gonna pull a dick move to force Neymar to stay?, IMO, just negoatiate a deal with PSG asap now to actualy sell him, let Tebas fight his little war, but not to the expense of Barca.

Hektor

I'm sorry but we're too big of a club to force a guy who wants to leave to keep playing for us. No one is bigger than the club and it'd be embarrassing to see Neymar have to "settle" here if we try to sue him. Get that rat and any trace of his money-grubbing dad out of Barca.

I agree with you in this respect. Those are my feelings exactly. However, this Cabaret has turned into something bigger than Neymar, Barça, and La Liga. We cannot let a team, with unlimited resources, raid our players. Even if there is no release clause. What is going to stop them from coming to Messi, for example, and tell him, through intermediaries, "do not renew with Barça because when you become a free-agent we'll give you a €300 mil signing bonus + €75 mil/year for 5 years." Do you think that Messi will renew for Barça and he will play all out his final year of the contract or try not to get hurt?

This is survival of football as we know it. There are already teams like Chelsea, ManU, and Man City owned by billionaires that are trying to play within the rules. If PSG is allowed to get away with this robbery, the others will also follow suit. Furthermore, only teams with unlimited budget that they do not care if they are profitable will succeed. No sir. You cannot use pseudo sponsors to infuse money. La Liga will become a second tier league.

Last edited:

Zuti

I agree with you in this respect. Those are my feelings exactly. However, this Cabaret has turned into something bigger than Neymar, Barça, and La Liga. We cannot let a team, with unlimited resources, raid our players. Even if there is no release clause. What is going to stop them from coming to Messi, for example, and tell him, through intermediaries, "do not renew with Barça because when you become a free-agent we'll give you a €300 mil signing bonus + €75 mil/year for 5 years." Do you think that Messi will renew for Barça and he will play all out his final year of the contract or try not to get hurt?

This is survival of football as we know it. There are already teams like Chelsea, ManU, and Man City owned by billionaires that are trying to play within the rules. If PSG is allowed to get away with this robbery, the others will also follow suit. Furthermore, only teams with unlimited budget that they do not care if they are profitable will only succeed. No sir. You cannot use pseudo sponsors to infuse money. La Liga will become a second tier league.

I agree with you that this is a turning point in football, and that measures should be implemented to keep these kind of things happening in the future on a regular basis, the Neymar ship however has sailed one way or the other, no point in force keeping him here.

springfield

If it goes to court, which I seriously doubt, it could take years to resolve. In the meantime, Neymar has to play for us.

Let Ney sue us and/or La Liga. The more law suits the better for us. The more time...

Come on, that would be worst case scenario. Barcelona and PSG in a legal battle while Neymar is forced to play for Barcelona while he wanted to join PSG. How do you think this will affect not only Neymars performances, but also the club and the team? That's not something Barcelona will want. People were angry about the Verratti saga, but this would be 10 times worse.

If the deal is done and is shady then the UEFA should take actions and make sure things like that can't happen in the future but keeping Neymar at Barcelona is not the solution and would be bad for Barcelona also.

Last edited:

Hektor

One thing I wanted to say. I respect everyone's opinions. If I do not responds is because I said what I had to say and you did the same. I may not agree with your posting, even if you are answering me. However, you made many valid points; It is not a must for me to have the last word. If I answer, "you have made some valid points" it is trying, in a condescending way, to have the last word, imho.

Ritchie

'Next big thing' sounds weird to me the guy is 25 :lol: i would say Mbappe is the next big thing.

anyways hopefully this reaches its conclusion this week. i hated this saga but the forum has been so active its been fun :cheers:

I don't think he'll get any better, Neymar. He hasn't been that good for Barca and last season lived off that PSG second half performance.

Brazilians peak early too and he reminds me of Robinho. He might peak at the World Cup next year but he'll fade by 30. He'll never reach Ronaldinho or Ronaldo level in a Barca shirt.

Ritchie

Geniuses like Neymar come at a price. They are not together upstairs. Look at Caravaggio, Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Beethoven, Mozart, or even Maradona and his sniffing problems. Garrincha was a fall-down drunk and so was the Swedish Tenor Jessi Bjoerling. Ronaldo is just too arrogant and narcissistic. Messi is just incredible. He got married to his childhood sweetheart since he was 12! He is nothing but loyal to Barça and is very humble. He is more than priceless! He is the face of Barça!

Messi is a genius, Neymar isnt. Penaldo isn't.

Maradona was a genius, Cruyff was a genius. George Best was a he. Brazilian Ronaldo. Pele.

There's few of them.

Barcilliant

Tebas is also probably shitting himself because of the 222 million windfall. I hope we play hardball and ask PSG for some additional bonus payments thrown in.

I just can't see how Neymar staying here is feasible. The fans don't want him and he wants to leave. Let PSG pay the money and let UEFA investigate.

Home of Barca Fans