Neymar Jr. - v5

SeaDragon

Let's wait and see. If he goes to training tomorrow, according to a guy from another forum, there might be something...

Hektor

This is what I know so far. PSG is going to exercise the release clause for €222 mils for Neymar. He will get a salary of €30 mil/year. In addition, the company that owns PSG, Qatar, will pay Ney €60 mil/year to become the face of "Qatar 2022." In other words, he will get €90 mils/year for five years. Neymar has to be crazy not to sign with PSG. He will get $100+/year (US dollars for 5 years) or 1/2 billion dollars. It is not Neymar Jr or Sr fault for leaving Barça. It is neither the Barça Board fault for losing Ney. The fault is Qatar for finding a way to circumvent any UEFA rules. To them money is no object. Why are they doing it? PSG will have 1/2 of the Brazilian National team. In other words, Brazil will practice every day giving them an advantage over any other National team. Another powerful reason for Neymar, Brazil's captain, to join PSG.

PSG has a big problem, though. The company that owns PSG also owns BeinSports (Spanish & English.) BeinSports has the rights of transmission for the Serie A (Italy,) Ligue 1 (France) and La Liga (Spain) in the US. How long do you think they will keep the Italian and Spanish leagues transmission rights, in the US, with their crooked ways? RM & Barça are the powers in La Liga. I am positive that they will lose at least La Liga. Therefore, they have to conclude a friendly arrangement with Barça. If it was up to me, I will settle for €222 mils + Verratti + Di Maria. If they do not want that, I will not move from the €222 mils - not a cent less - and to get the rights of La Liga away fro BeinSports after the contract is up. As I said before, "You do not fuck us without consequences."

This post of mine was received as BS by some. I did say that PSG is not problem free. I never thought that La Liga would react so fast, something that I am ecstatic about. La Liga is losing one of its mega stars. Of course they are going to be affected. The Ligue 1 will benefit from the transfer. However, we have to keep in mind that these are legal maneuvers, something to hang our hats on. We can say that PSG is circumventing UEFA, Fair Play, and La Liga rules, therefore we will not accept the transfer deposit. If PSG doesn't like it, SUE US! This can take years to resolve. In the mean time, Ney continues to play with us.

One quick way for PSG to circumvent this blockage by LA Liga, is to pay from PSG's coffers - cash - €222 mils - not a cent less. However, they will have to prove that the money did not come form outside sources in a pseudo sponsorship, outside the normal football generated revenue. If they can prove that, then they have to pay €222 mils + French Taxes = €300+ mils. They might not have that type of money without selling players. In addition, they might not be able to get outside money without the scrutiny of UEFA, La Liga, and the French revenue service. If they can get the money, PSG might have to explain, to the French Revenue Service, where did the money come from and why it was not declared as income or capital gain. Another solution is to negotiate with us. I'll be reasonable. Neymar = €222mils + Verratti + Di Maria. If they think we are crazy and mad? Yeah. However, they can screw themselves, with a hot red stick, under the "Arc de Triomphe."

Last edited:

Nothanks

You don't see the issues? Well, for the starters the player is paid of not by a club , but 3rd party. Tomorrow Amazon or Google will buy Real Madrid and Barcelona and rent those players to other clubs. Even a criminal organization can go to Spain pay the release close and get the players they want. This will effectively destroy the clubs. UEFA should be extremely worried about this incident and take all the measures to prevent this from happening. For Tebas it means end of his job , that's why he is trying to prevent this. He can pretty much prevail in this case, because the buyout was meant for the clubs and not 3rd parties. I have no doubts that many clubs are worried about this, Spain in particular because they have release clause , but some other clubs as well(Bayern in particular) because this is 180 degree change how the clubs were operating in up to now. I'm sure UEFA will be forced to take some actions, but they are not proactive, they are reactive organization. Barca just started to flex the muscle, we will see how it goes. We don't want to keep Neymar against his will, but it doesn't mean PSG can rob us. They should pay the amount we want for our player.

that's only the case if the release clause is set at a low enough...
we are not losing neymar for pennies it's 2x the world record rate we can blame the board

real madrid put a 1 billion clause on ronaldo
500m on some random players i forget who, should the release clause be revamped or lost all together? probably but it's not completely unfair..

Jadentheman

Let's wait and see. If he goes to training tomorrow, according to a guy from another forum, there might be something...

Can he even show his face on training grounds. I can't imagine he is having stellar relationships with even the peopple he was close to right now.

His father really fucked things up. Neymar Sr. surely didn't have the foresight of the consequences and now Ney Jr will suffer. It's quite immature what they done. Could ruin Ney's career

Hektor

that's only the case if the release clause is set at a low enough...
we are not losing neymar for pennies it's 2x the world record rate we can blame the board

real madrid put a 1 billion clause on ronaldo
500m on some random players i forget who, should the release clause be revamped or lost all together? probably but it's not completely unfair..

We have to lose the release clause, altogether. Period!

We also have to keep cool beads. I know that our visceral reaction is to tell Neymar Jr and Sr to get lost. However, Neymar is a once-a-generation, player from Brazil. Brazil and Argentina are Mega football stars generating factories. Yet, they produce players like Neymar, once in a generation. Do you think that Di Stefano, Pele, Maradona, and Messi are equivalent to €222 mils + Verratti + Di Maria? HELL NO!!!! They are priceless.

I have followed Neymar since he was 16 and playing for Brazil in the South American U-17 World Cup qualifiers. He was great then. I wanted him for Barça, then.

Last edited:
Mbappe is special too. Considering the fucked up circumstances, I'd even spend all that ney dough on him, but even this stupid board could get him for way less.

Hektor

Geniuses like Neymar come at a price. They are not together upstairs. Look at Caravaggio, Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Beethoven, Mozart, or even Maradona and his sniffing problems. Garrincha was a fall-down drunk and so was the Swedish Tenor Jessi Bjoerling. Ronaldo is just too arrogant and narcissistic. Messi is just incredible. He got married to his childhood sweetheart since he was 12! He is nothing but loyal to Barça and is very humble. He is more than priceless! He is the face of Barça!

Barcilliant

If LFP block the move we could have alot of litigation and uncertainties.

Do we play him or bench him?
If a new board come in, what would happen?
I could see this case appearing in Europe court. Neymar could sue us

Nothanks

if he doesn't go he'll demand a transfer request
and we wont get anywhere near 200m+ for him if he requests it

the transfer is better now then later in my opinion that or we'll have to spend BIG on his wages if we want him on a new buyout clause / happy

Hektor

Mbappe is special too. Considering the fucked up circumstances, I'd even spend all that ney dough on him, but even this stupid board could get him for way less.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I watched three games of PSG vs Monaco, the last three days. Mbappe is a good player, but not that special. He is not that good as Javier Pastore, at this stage of their games, imho. I know about the age differential. The following is what I observed.

Mbappe is very good with the ball already at full speed. He is very hard to defend because of his speed and a very good dribbling at full speed.

Argentines rate players what we call "pique." That is what is his "pick-up" speed from zero to 10 yards. Messi or Neymar are so fast from 0 - 10, that they are impossible to guard. In addition, their dribbling ability, at zero, is just out of this world. A defender has no idea where they are going and they are fast, faster, and fastest.

Mbappe is not that fast from 0-10 and his his dribbling ability at zero is not that good. In that circumstance he seems to be lost and not know what to do next. I know that feeling. That was my problem :wub: Therefore, I used to unload the football to a teammate. That is what I saw Mbappe do.

I know he is 18 with a great potential + a high ceiling. However, he is not worth €200 mils, not even close, imho.

Last edited:

Arkk

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I watched three games of PSG vs Monaco, the last three days. Mbappe is a good player, but not that special. He is not that good as Javier Pastore, at this stage of their games, imho. I know about the age differential. The following is what I observed.

Mbappe is very good with the ball already at full speed. He is very hard to defend because of his speed and a very good dribbling at full speed.

Argentines rate players what we call "pique." That is what is his "pick-up" speed from zero to 10 yards. Messi or Neymar are so fast from 0 - 10, that they are impossible to guard. In addition, their dribbling ability, at zero, is just out of this world. A defender has no idea where they are going and they are fast, faster, and fastest.

Mbappe is not that fast from 0-10 and his his dribbling ability at zero is not that good. In that circumstance he seems to be lost and not know what to do next. I know that feeling. That was my problem :wub: Therefore, I used to unload the football to a teammate. That is what I saw Mbappe do.

I know he is 18 with a great potential + a high ceiling. However, he is not worth €200 mils, not even close, imho.

Mbappe is a tough one. obviously hes not worth anywhere near the prices being quoted, after 1 good season and only 18, it would probably be too much pressure at that age. i think the best thing for him is stay at Monaco until 20.

Martial was being hailed the new Henry in his first season at United, he exploded onto the scene and while he still looks talented i'd place him considerably lower potential than Mbappe, Dembele and maybe even Rashford.

Mbappe is special imo and theres something different about him from the usual hyped up player, it really does feel as if im watching a young Henry. what he achieved in the CL as well is crazy for his age. i dont think he'll be coming here sadly, Madrid will probably offload bale on United and buy him, i just hope we can get Dembele.

Hektor

If LFP block the move we could have alot of litigation and uncertainties.

Do we play him or bench him?
If a new board come in, what would happen?
I could see this case appearing in Europe court. Neymar could sue us

If it goes to court, which I seriously doubt, it could take years to resolve. In the meantime, Neymar has to play for us.

Let Ney sue us and/or La Liga. The more law suits the better for us. The more time...

mssarm

If it goes to court, which I seriously doubt, it could take years to resolve. In the meantime, Neymar has to play for us.

Let Ney sue us and/or La Liga. The more law suits the better for us. The more time...

My thought exactly... let him sue and let PSG sue Tebas . The litigation alone will take years, probably by the time the case is resolved Neymar will retire. I'm sure Tebas and Barca right now pulling the strings with UEFA because they want UEFA to react faster. Probably that asshole Nasser had the same game plan, until UEFA reacts , PSG will complain to CAS and it will take couple of years until PSG gets hammered.

CuleLife4Life

I'm sorry but we're too big of a club to force a guy who wants to leave to keep playing for us. No one is bigger than the club and it'd be embarrassing to see Neymar have to "settle" here if we try to sue him. Get that rat and any trace of his money-grubbing dad out of Barca.

Home of Barca Fans