Nelson Semedo

Nucky

Funny how players go for cheap till we are involved. .
Do clubs actually take us for chumps?

It's the same with all big clubs. They know we have the money and of course they won't sell for less. Wich is kind of logical though. Either they get a lot of money for him or he stays. Win win situation for Benfica.

xXKonan

Here's Records Article on Semedo.
Barcelona is getting closer and closer to securing the services of Nélson Semedo. Despite the interest of Manchester United, the Catalan club has accelerated this process, in order to achieve its goals: to have the Portuguese international in his squad in 2017/18.

The transfer of Semedo from Benfica to Barcelona can, in fact, be achieved by record numbers for the eagles: 50 million euros. For a long time, Luís Filipe Vieira believes that there are players in the squad who can surpass the 40 million euros paid by Zenit to hire Witsel in 2012/13 and Manchester City by Ederson. Semedo is one such case.

Armored

The right-back, 23, has the highest termination clause of the squad - 80 million euros. It was increased after the renewal until 2021, precisely because the incarnated officials believe that Semedo will be the most expensive sale ever in Luz.

Summoned by Fernando Santos for the Confederations Cup, having lost the European convoy last year, the footballer You should see your future set very briefly.

Since the technical secretary of the Blaugrana, Roberto Fernandez, met with Vieira, that Barcelona stepped up negotiations not to lose the side. Yesterday at BTV, the B coach, Hélder Cristóvão, considered Barcelona "the ideal space" for Semedo. "It has everything to be one of the best sides in the World: tactical consistency, intelligence,

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...a/detalhe/semedo-mais-perto-do-barcelona.html

*Google translate*

navidjaan

So, the market is trash and our B captain and arguably best-performing player is a RB.

I am not saying that Palencia will be an instant improvement on the team, and I know potentially playing him in bigger games is a risk, but the rewards would also be greater for me if he continues his form. If you turn it around, signing for 50M in a trash market is also a damn big risk as well. Maybe the club should wait for pre-season to see what Palencia can do on 1st team level, so Valverde can decide. Maybe he'll like him (and Vidal, too) and his character on the team instantly (which isn't hard). Whatever happens will be high risk.

If all goes wrong, hopefully Valverde has some tips for Roberto to improve at RB like De Marcos did :p

JamDav1982

So, the market is trash and our B captain and arguably best-performing player is a RB.

I am not saying that Palencia will be an instant improvement on the team, and I know potentially playing him in bigger games is a risk, but the rewards would also be greater for me if he continues his form. If you turn it around, signing for 50M in a trash market is also a damn big risk as well. Maybe the club should wait for pre-season to see what Palencia can do on 1st team level, so Valverde can decide. Maybe he'll like him (and Vidal, too) and his character on the team instantly (which isn't hard). Whatever happens will be high risk.

If all goes wrong, hopefully Valverde has some tips for Roberto to improve at RB like De Marcos did :p

Palencia isnt ready for first team squad at all.

He is playing well in what is worse than third tier level really against some terrible sides.

In the two play off games he didn't look great or any better than team he was up against. He is a reliable hard working 7 out 10 player most weeks at that level.

Can point to others like Alena that were poor and he has probably done himself not favours in his argument for first team inclusion next season but with him he is young and can see flashes of what hope he can become if more consistent.

The club shouldn't wait on Palencia or Valverde opinion on him for me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Really doubt it'll be 50m fixed fee.

30-35m + incentives.

Palencia should get his chance in pre-season, but we absolutely got to sign a RB too. Cannot repeat the same mistake twice.

Being from Benfica and Portuguese league doesnt mean he'll fail.

People here were excited when we signed the warrior Arda, proven, experienced player, but he added little value to the team.

khaled_a_d

We can't just wait for Palencia. This is a risk we have taken last season with Roberto and he had more merits than Palancia do currently and it backfired badly. If Valverde decided to promote him then he will be back up. even if he proved great it will be good problem to have with him and Semedo.

Jombi

It's the same with all big clubs. They know we have the money and of course they won't sell for less. Wich is kind of logical though. Either they get a lot of money for him or he stays. Win win situation for Benfica.

What an incredibly stupid idea to sign a LB that couldnt play RB last summer. Sidibe was available for 15m euros. Instead we spent the money on Digne. Now we are still chasing a RB.

I'd rather go for Fabinho than splash obscene amounts on Nelsinho. Nelsinho is a good player and he has shown it in Europe, but if they are similarly priced, Fabinho should be the priority.

serghei

Out of all the RBs I've seen this one seems the most likely to be Alves' successor. I hope we get him and he confirms, so we can have that position locked in for many years to come.

Sorin

Clubs know we are desperate.
The RB and CM position will be overpriced.

This and every other major club has a truckload of money.

Can't expect differently when we ourselves payed 35 for Gomes. 50m is the new 30m nowadays.

xXKonan

If we do buy him I think DonAK had it spot on, it would likely be 35 Million+ a lot of Incentives which most will likely be attainable.

Markets changed since then, very rarely you will find a promising young RB in the market for peanuts, especially a team that is desperately needing one like us.

Home of Barca Fans