Nelson Semedo

soul24rage

Seems like Bob is being moved to the Midfield again.

Perfect time to look for another RB or get Emerson back to fight with Semedo for the RB spot.

I have a feeling they are not going to look for a RB this summer unless they sell Semedo.

If Semedo gets injured/suspended, then Bob will just play in the RB position

henias

Roberto is 10x the player going forward. He is just as average defensively as semedo. the only thing semedo has over him is speed and good shielding of the ball.

we shouldn't be renewing semedo for another 5 years. just let his contraxt expire in 2 years and find someone else. he's really not that essential to the team

Roberto works great for an Ev setup. for Setien Semedo seems like the safer bet.

serghei

Roberto works great for an Ev setup. for Setien Semedo seems like the safer bet.

True. EV builds on the wings. Setien builds in the center and uses runs on the wings. For runs, Semedo is better because of his speed. For build-up on wide positions Roberto is better because of his superior link-up play.

FinBarcelonafan

Roberto is 10x the player going forward. He is just as average defensively as semedo. the only thing semedo has over him is speed and good shielding of the ball.

we shouldn't be renewing semedo for another 5 years. just let his contraxt expire in 2 years and find someone else. he's really not that essential to the team

Roberto is good if he has a lot of open space front of him. He can't dribble like Semedo either. Give Semedo winger front of him and he will be perfectly fine. I still want to see Dembouz and Semedo play together. Those two play well together.

serghei

Roberto is good if he has a lot of open space front of him. He can't dribble like Semedo either. Give Semedo winger front of him and he will be perfectly fine. I still want to see Dembouz and Semedo play together. Those two play well together.

Yea, too bad they played together like 0.5% of the time :lol:.

JamDav1982

If the first half of last game is anything to go by Roberto will play almost a DM/RB position to allow Semedo to push right up and offer some pace in behind.

Worked well in that half.

khaled_a_d

We get slaughtered on counter attacks, Semedo is fast and good defensively so that alone is enough to keep him for me.

Semedo, or more specifically how he is used,is big part of our struggle with counter attacks.
He is positioned way up front that neither he or Alba to be seen during such attacks.

It is all on our CBs to deal with it, and both lack athletic ability for it.

mc_lovin

I really dont like to be overly reactionary, but hes easily the player that pisses me off the most. Had to be said, sorry.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Looks like we want to renew his contract until 2025 now.

TBH I'm not against it but I'd still try to bring back Emerson or buy Dest and move Roberto to midfield.

2025 is too long, I would make last year a team option.
Also salary is huge question, it needs to be a reasonable one.
He isn't a world class player, we should not bend to his demands.Enough of those deals that has the potential to backfire.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Noticeably impoved under Setien ( one of the few postives) but it's still not good enough. Hoped I would see more improvement in the final third but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The hard part is there isn't really any viable option in the market better than him... He is alright-ish, but not nearly good enough a CL aspiring team...

FinBarcelonafan

What to do with this guy? There are not many quality rbs out there.

Keep or sell. I'm on the fence with this guy.

Exactly. It's a bad situation. There's no one available who is a clear upgrade and we have way bigger needs too. To me he is fine for now.. we need to replace so many other players first.

JohnN

His shortcomings aren't physical or technical ones, that's the problem. It's his "football iq" or decision making and that will not improve much at this point - except if a great coach makes it happen.
Bob looked better vs alaves but he is slow for a modern fullback - plenty fast for midfield though.
Weird situation.

Home of Barca Fans