Nelson Semedo

Sailor Mars

Does what is required of him. But still feel he lacks vision when it he gets past the halfway line. With his pace and technical ability, he should be able to provide more offense.

Sailor Mars

He cannot. He is able. But he literally can't. There are no options.

Yes the manager's tactics are an issue, but I feel all the other full backs show more going forward. Alba is great going forward. Firpo looked better than Semedo as well going forward. And Sergi Roberto, for all his other faults, still shows more going forward.
I think Semedo is a solid fullback, but I just haven't seen enough offensively from him.

Just my opinion.

serghei

Solid. Almost no mistakes. Careful and focused defensively, and with some nice passes between the lines. I liked his passes from wide to center. Those have to be precise because any spill is a counter for the other team. And they were, all of them.

Danic

Good game. Our whole defense was good yesterday.
Btw he tried several runs yesterday but didnt receive a pass.
I agree with others with his potential he is able to do more but hes also limited by our slow tactic.

Horatio

You're welcome
Don’t understand why players don’t do the 1-2 where he passes the ball to them and they lob the ball back as he runs behind defence. They ignore his runs.

Danic

Yap,its sad he doesnt use it more often. Sometimes it feels like he is ordered to stay back and be more cautious.

Vilarrubi

He’s so solid defensively, don’t worry about him at all in that aspect. If there’s a fast winger against him you know he’s just gonna keep up with him.

devo901

Well yes, solid game yesterday - but you guys remember the 0-2 last sat vs. grenada, the first goal?
https://youtu.be/2MSJ4Fo7Wtc?t=43

could Semedo theoretically, deny the goal by being more aggressive and closer to the guy, who rushed to the second goal post ?

Semedo ran back, and in the goal area he positioned himself to clear the cross pass - which turned out to be a lob due to piques deflection ... so in 9 out 10 he was positioned fine... in this moment, I wish he were closer to the man, to shove the attacker out of position ....

serghei

One of those situations where he could have done more, but if he stops that goal it is a great defensive play for him. Certainly not a goal I would describe as Semedo's fault.

Also, that is a potential penalty and red card if he goes physical on the attacker there. It was a great cross by the Granada player. As soon as the cross is not in his zone, the advantage goes to the attacking player who has a much better position to follow it and score.

Actually, it wasn't great cross but a big deflection by Pique.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans