Nelson Semedo

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is more eager to go past the opposition players this season. It's a good sign, I hope it doesn't evaporate when Messi comes back.

FinBarcelonafan

I've read somewhere he is the Barca player with the most successful dribbles so far this season.

Good coach would fix his final pass and make him hell of a RB. Valverde is not the man for the job.

Like seriously, he could be world class if his final pass/finishing was better.

serghei

Good coach would fix his final pass and make him hell of a RB. Valverde is not the man for the job.

Like seriously, he could be world class if his final pass/finishing was better.

No doubt. Like literally he's one step away form being world class with some adjustments. Would absolutely kill it at City or Liverpool with so much movement around him.

He's a better dribbler and more technical than someone like Walker, while being as fast, and less predisposed to brain farts in defense. Imagine Semedo partnered with energetic wing players like Bernardo, Sterling or Mahrez.

serghei

So many times at Barcelona he gains a good position but he doesn't have good continuation options so he has to stop a bit, and dwell on the ball too much. Or he has to find a static player surrounded by opponents with a pass. At a faster team like Liverpool and City, every time he does that he will have equally fast players around him already making moves to open themselves up for pass.

In a way, I'm pissed he doesn't play in a team like that so the ones who criticize him to see what can happen in a team that works properly. Because looking at the state of the rightback market, Semedo is one of the finest.

snowy

Without a doubt. Everyone praises him in defense but he actually offers tons of options in attack as well with his acceleration, speed, 1v1s ability, strength on the ball..

It's crazy how many times he runs behind defense or looks for 1-2s and is totally ignored. Man about the static thing, if I were coach, I'd just tell him to pass into space (where our players should run) and not to worry about the stats!

+ I'd give all players a must take minimum 3 shots at goal + 3 through balls quota per game. Including Thor :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

So many times at Barcelona he gains a good position but he doesn't have good continuation options so he has to stop a bit, and dwell on the ball too much. Or he has to find a static player surrounded by opponents with a pass. At a faster team like Liverpool and City, every time he does that he will have equally fast players around him already making moves to open themselves up for pass.

In a way, I'm pissed he doesn't play in a team like that so the ones who criticize him to see what can happen in a team that works properly. Because looking at the state of the rightback market, Semedo is one of the finest.

So true. If he leaves, he will look real good with team's like that.

xXKonan

He's benefiting a lot from continuity and instead of playing like 1 game and being dropped for the next two or three games or being yanked at HT.

Sure he will have his stinkers but if you ask me he is improving the more continuity he actually gets.

Lapi

He's benefiting a lot from continuity and instead of playing like 1 game and being dropped for the next two or three games or being yanked at HT.

Absolutely.
A good dozen of forumers had been telling exactly that during the entire last season, but the EV fans could not even grasp a bit of that.

Barcilliant

This is true. Fucking Shitverde and his useless management. Semedo can be world class but any time he goes forward he's isolated and actually has to pass back. It doesn't help that he can fire in a cross because no one will be in the box.

We are such a one dimensional team. Useless from set pieces and physically weak.

serghei

This is true. Fucking Shitverde and his useless management. Semedo can be world class but any time he goes forward he's isolated and actually has to pass back. It doesn't help that he can fire in a cross because no one will be in the box.

We are such a one dimensional team. Useless from set pieces and physically weak.

He doesn't even have to be world class, that's the whole point. Most other teams out there are performing much much better than us and creating more, with nothing but a decent rightback who does his job decently, but not more than that. But not us. Our RB has to be the 2nd coming of fucking Dani Alves, possibly the greatest rightback ever, because the manager can't seem to be able to make us play coherent football to save his life.

I watched Walker for City a lot since I follow Premier League, just to see what he does. You won't believe how basic and automated his game is. Like he simply applies instructions and is occupying spaces others are making by their movement. This player only does basic stuff. By comparison, Semedo does a lot more than him with not even 10% of the support Walker gets from the tactics and the teammates. Some of the through balls and dribbles Semedo did in the beginning of this season, Walker can't even dream to do. Walker is like basic RB, who is strong, fast, and can put in great workrate. He can't even help himself from doing defensive blunders. And that is enough for a great manager like Guardiola to make great use of these simple, core abilities for a RB. Walker provides all the basic functions of a RB with almost nothing extra. Yet the basic RB functions is all that is asked of him, because everything else works.

Us? No. Our RB needs to have the defending abilities of Cafu and the passing skills and link up play of Dani Alves. He doesn't have that? He is trash. Sell him. Buy X, or Y. Then apply the same arguments while that other player is brought in the exact same place Semedo is now. Asked to find the needle in the haystack in the box with some razor-sharp Messi-level service game, preferably after he dribbles 2-3 players because he is isolated and has nobody to pass to.

Last edited:

xXKonan

This is the best of him when he was at Benfica. It amazes me that Rui Vitória of all people was the best coach he had worked with on a Club level and helped developed Semedo, and many people considered him a glorified puppet of Benfica's board.

He has flaws but at Barca, he never had the environment to help address those flaws as we have a shit system and a coach who can't develop players for shit. He spent the first two seasons here playing like the coach had a gun to his head and if he made any mistakes or didn't contribute enough he was benched for the next 2-3 games or yanked off at HT with no guarantee of continuity.

This is the first season he has finally got the guarantee of continuity something that should have been done when he first joined us and instead of playing this shitty musical chairs with Roberto who should have never been more than a rotational player at best.

Now he has to hope that he can keep getting back on the right track while being managed by a total stooge like Valverde who should have been long gone by now.

Home of Barca Fans