Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Francesc Aguliar claims that Atletico and Barca are negotiating the sale of Semedo to Atletico but the money Atletico are offering is not enough so far.

Should just sell them, Roberto, instead.

jairzinho

Francesc Aguliar claims that Atletico and Barca are negotiating the sale of Semedo to Atletico but the money Atletico are offering is not enough so far.

Should just sell them, Roberto, instead.

Who wants Bob? Besides, Ernie would block the sale anyway.

:pep:

mc_lovin

Am I the only one who would rather keep Roberto than Semedo? Both pretty underwhelming, but Roberto at least looks to have character. Semedo is just bland, which mirrors his playstyle.

xXKonan

If we sell Semedo, I would rather put our resources into developing Wague.

Far more important to develop someone like him to potentially be our number 1 RB. Roberto had his chance but it's now time to move away from him as he isn't going to get dramatically better than he really is.

Wague doesn't necessarily need to be a starter right away but give him a good amount of minutes and we will eventually have someone who could potentially take the number 1 RB spot.

mc_lovin

If we sell Semedo, I would rather put our resources into developing Wague.

Far more important to develop someone like him to potentially be our number 1 RB. Roberto had his chance but it's now time to move away from him as he isn't going to get dramatically better than he really is.

Wague doesn't necessarily need to be a starter right away but give him a good amount of minutes and we will eventually have someone who could potentially take the number 1 RB spot.

Thats the question. Neither Semedo nor Roberto will be worldclass fullbacks. Not ever. So taking 40ME for Semedo and giving Wague a fair chance is not that outlandish if the club thinks Wague can be a somewhat decent backup already. Big if though.

xXKonan

Thats the question. Neither Semedo nor Roberto will be worldclass fullbacks. Not ever. So taking 40ME for Semedo and giving Wague a fair chance is not that outlandish if the club thinks Wague can be a somewhat decent backup already. Big if though.
My problem with the RB market is that all the good elite RB's out there are already playing for most of the big clubs which would make it hard for us to prise them away. I would kill to have someone like Trent-Alexander Martin, Kimmich, etc but there's no way those guys will be sold.

I think the best bet is to invest in very young RB prospects and hope at least one of them turns out good. We are doing it with the likes of Wague and Emerson and I expect it to continue.

Tackle

He makes the same number of key passes per game that Gerard Pique a centre back does.

He has zero assists in the league this season compared to Roberto's 7.

He isn't young anymore. He will be 26 in November so he's supposed to be close to his peak already.

He isn't some maestro defensively either. He overcommits to wingers and Roberto makes double the interceptions. He also commits more fouls and has less clearances than Roberto. He isn't any less likely to get dribbled past either unlike what his fanboys will spew on about.

He also warms the bench for his NT.

It's quite incredible that a player this mediocre has built such a large following and fan club, but that speaks more about the state of this fanbase than anything. No matter how shite you play as long as you are a relatively new player and fast the masses will worship you and blame all your shortcomings on that big, bad boogeyman Valverde.

It's a shame that a player like Sergi Roberto who has done exponentially more for this club gets slandered only to glorify this useless pace merchant with a sub room temperature football IQ that couldn't go forward if his life depended on it.

Last edited:
M

Medz

Id have zero problem if we sold him for +25m

He adds literally nothing in attack. I wish we could get someone like Youcef Atal to replace him

Home of Barca Fans