Mikayil Faye

Porque

What if he's actually better than curbarsi or just as good 🤯

Better at some things, worse at others.

Better to cash in on Chadi and Eric. He is better than both judging from all while playing here in B or A.

Thing is he is an Araujo or Todibo type. And these guys that time to improve the concentration and distribution. Defensively in the lower categories they are comfortable in over coming mistakes with raw physical which has to be unlearned.

We have been extremely patient with Araujo for example. He has literally had gaffs where he has dwelled on the ball and had it stolen and directly scored against for the B and A. Yet LaMasia twitters and tubers are scrutinizing Faye's errors.

companyofcules

We should get him in the first team. Might save us some big money and he can be the solution for Mbappe in the future.
Cancelo Aruajo Cubarsi Faye Fort can be a good back line with Cubarsi floating in and out of line to help the midfield.

khaled_a_d

Thing is he is an Araujo or Todibo type. And these guys that time to improve the concentration and distribution. Defensively in the lower categories they are comfortable in over coming mistakes with raw physical which has to be unlearned.

We have been extremely patient with Araujo for example. He has literally had gaffs where he has dwelled on the ball and had it stolen and directly scored against for the B and A. Yet LaMasia twitters and tubers are scrutinizing Faye's errors.

Todibo is my comparison to Faye situation tbh, but with a bit less potential.
I don't see him as this freak of athlete like Araujo or Todibo, frankly I was more impressed with Mbacke from athletic perspective.
But yes, those players need to unlearn things and "install" new settings in their Arsenal.
But while Araujo needed couple of seasons to do it, Todibo had to fail in Barca, Schalke & Benfica before finally returning to France and start over to gradually develop. It was a multi year process.
Maybe Faye learning curve will be quick, but for me both Chadi and Cubarsi are far ahead atm as first team players with big margin. That I think it will be difficult without several loans (that could go different ways).

It is honestly about how internally the club rates him, and if we can afford keeping him and risk his value, against selling him and use the money in reinforcing the first team while buying the next gem for B team

Porque

Todibo is my comparison to Faye situation tbh, but with a bit less potential.
I don't see him as this freak of athlete like Araujo or Todibo, frankly I was more impressed with Mbacke from athletic perspective.
But yes, those players need to unlearn things and "install" new settings in their Arsenal.
But while Araujo needed couple of seasons to do it, Todibo had to fail in Barca, Schalke & Benfica before finally returning to France and start over to gradually develop. It was a multi year process.
Maybe Faye learning curve will be quick, but for me both Chadi and Cubarsi are far ahead atm as first team players with big margin. That I think it will be difficult without several loans (that could go different ways).

It is honestly about how internally the club rates him, and if we can afford keeping him and risk his value, against selling him and use the money in reinforcing the first team while buying the next gem for B team

Todibo by his own admission, issues were mostly egotistical. I said myself that he should have been in the B team playing weekly with Araujo rather than be on the fringes of the first team.

But then he would have never accepted that are the time as he felt he had already surpassed Ligue1, let alone going to our B team. Abidal probably sold him his dreams to lure him ahead of Juve.

I actually think Faye has a better defensive understanding at this stage of his career than Araujo. While also being way better on the ball. His biggest issue is the speed and selection of circulation which is where Cubarsi has emphatically surpassed him in Xavi eyes.

And having seen how Araujo-Kounde struggled to build out of the back (partly their lacklustre ball playing skills compared to Christensen/Cubarsi/Inigo, partly our lack of movement and speed of play), I hold up my hand and understand Xavi decision.

But yes, Araujo has better natural athletism and Faye looks a bit soft. I think he is far from his physical potential right now. So unless it is a discipline issue, then that is a good sign.

Chadi is very good, we shouldn't let him go easily though we shouldn't pay a euro to bring him back this summer if funds are tight precisely because we have Faye. But he is actually closer to Araujo all around. But on the ball very very sketchy. I actually prefer Faye as he is built more for our style while Chadi has a simple game that works in mid-level teams that don't face the press or defensive blocks that we will.

Deco

Culé since 2005

According to the Daily Mail, the likes of Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen and Inter Milan are all interested in the 19-year-old. The report states that a fee of £25m (just under €30m) could be enough for Barcelona to part ways with the teenage defender.

At this stage, it is Leverkusen who look to be in a better position to make their move. Barcelona could use the interest to drive up their asking price, although they could equally decide to block any transfers, as they did with Faye during the winter.

M3ls

I actually think Faye has a better defensive understanding at this stage of his career than Araujo. While also being way better on the ball. His biggest issue is the speed and selection of circulation which is where Cubarsi has emphatically surpassed him in Xavi eyes.
ARE YOU KIDDING?

HE IS MUCH FASTER THAN СUBARSI.

M3ls

This guy, in terms of physicality and speed, is Araujo 2.0. Although I would say that he is even superior to Araujo in starting speed.

So, this is Araujo 2.0 but more tactically savvy and excellent on the ball.

Selling would be an idiotic move. If I had a choice, I would sell Araujo and not this guy.

El Barcelona

Have a feeling they're going to sell him, we can't even register Martinez for next season at this point. I would try to keep him and sell out other loaned out defenders.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Gotta keep control of that kinda of potential, either a loan or a sell with a decent buy back.
Ideally, yes. Practically speaking however, unlikely. I think he will end up being used to generate FFP room by a transfer - presumably with a sell on or buyback fee

Windhook

At this stage with other big clubs sniffing around it won't take long before Faye gets unsettled with Barca Atletic football. I believe he'll be given playing time soon.

If he doesn't make the main squad next season, a loan might be a good option. I'm against selling a hidden gem for 15-20m when there's the potential for big explosion on his market value. Even better if he cements place in the squad.

mc_lovin

I'm against selling a hidden gem for 15-20m when there's the potential for big explosion on his market value. Even better if he cements place in the squad.
Well, CB is our best position, Araujo+Cubarsi look nailed on as our starting duo and we badly need cash ;D

Maybe if we get a good offer for Christensen...

Home of Barca Fans