Mavericky Puig

vegitot

He has to put some muscle weight.As you say, Messi, being the same height, but having more strenght and kilos, didn't had his agility damaged by being stronger.

Well, Messi is...Messi. Not only his agility but his godlike talent. Puig can not compare to Messi in both aspects.

He surely knows his body better than anyone and still not try to become bigger. Obviously he doesn't want to reduce his strongest asset is agility.

SmilerBam

Well, Messi is...Messi. Not only his agility but his godlike talent. Puig can not compare to Messi in both aspects.

He surely knows his body better than anyone and still not try to become bigger. Obviously he doesn't want to reduce his strongest asset is agility.

He doesn t have to become Ronaldo.But he is too lightweight for a big team, and i m saying that being around the same height as him. So i have nothing against smaller players.He seems too easily to be pushed away from the ball, and that entirely nulify his agility.Btw, his biggest asset i think it s ball control.He is like Iniesta lite.

vegitot

He doesn t have to become Ronaldo.But he is too lightweight for a big team, and i m saying that being around the same height as him. So i have nothing against smaller players.He seems too easily to be pushed away from the ball, and that entirely nulify his agility.Btw, his biggest asset i think it s ball control.He is like Iniesta lite.

A Messi physique is perfect for his height. Though something still hold him back. I can only think of that it is Puig himself don't want to bulk up. His agility would likely be reduced, could be problem for him.

He is technically good, not great like Iniesta or even current Pedri. Player like Iniesta/Pedri eliminate opponents by their skill/close control/technique rather than speed/agility (though Iniesta was quite agile). Puig relies much more on his agility. Watch his game you will see that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Never gonna get a Messi physique. Messi has lower center of gravity because of shorter legs which gives him extra stability.

Richard.H

Never gonna get a Messi physique. Messi has lower center of gravity because of shorter legs which gives him extra stability.

True, Puig's legs are strangely long for being so short. I still think Puig can be world class. I think he needs to bulk up. Being so skinny he will get destroyed by Bayern or Chelsea midfield.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm sure we'll see more of him at Pedri's position from now on. Seems like Koeman is starting to trust him more and more.

He was sloppy though, which is understandable as he hasn't gotten much playing time. It's crucial for us to rotate Pedri and Riqui regularly from now on.

BusiTheKing

Often looks like the only one who really understands what it takes to break through these solid defences or maybe just the only one with the guts to try and do it. Maybe they don't always work out but you NEED those quick first time passes and unexpected moves.

Rest of the team seem to think that if we pass it around safely and glide a bit with the ball and look up then the path of penetration will reveal itself. Except Dembele of course who thinks he can do it alone (which he sometimes can of course).

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Do you know the biggest difference between Griezmann and Puig ? The mentality! Puig has a very strong mentality, maybe the strongest in the team. We had three years Vidal who had a strong mentality but a weak technique so why we cant have Puig who has a much better technique ? Forza Puig !

JamDav1982

Do you know the biggest difference between Griezmann and Puig ? The mentality! Puig has a very strong mentality, maybe the strongest in the team. We had three years Vidal who had a strong mentality but a weak technique so why we cant have Puig who has a much better technique ? Forza Puig !

Griezmann was better last night in his minutes than Puig was and showed a good mentality to try and get on ball and make things happen and to work for team.

Shit pen though and was less an influence in ET as game went end to end.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Griezmann was better last night in his minutes than Puig was and showed a good mentality to try and get on ball and make things happen and to work for team.

Shit pen though and was less an influence in ET as game went end to end.

Different situations, Puig came in a very difficult time into the match. I am expecting more from Griezi, i knew he will miss the pen.

Neeraj

True, Puig's legs are strangely long for being so short. I still think Puig can be world class. I think he needs to bulk up. Being so skinny he will get destroyed by Bayern or Chelsea midfield.

Not so sure about that tbh. It probably looks that way because of how high he wears his shorts and his 'tuck it in me pants' style :lol:

Home of Barca Fans